Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

My mom called me last night and put a big wrench in the plans. My aunt has decided she wants to join us on the trip. My mom, DD16, and I are going to run/walk the 5K. So now I am looking into charity or travel planner options to get my aunt a bib too.

I also have one studio booked at OKW on points. Now I'm going to need a second room too.

Has anyone bought a bib from a travel provider before? The room rates are not listed, I'm wondering if they would apply room discounts if one becomes available?
I bought my bib for the GSC from Acclaim Travel. Have used him several times great service. Yes hotel prices not listed yet from TA 's. Jim Stone has booked me on the Beach Club wish I knew the price so I can make flight arrangements. He will be busy today he starts sell Tinker bell Bibs today. I'm in for the PDC !

Hi I just wanted to say that I have almost the same story! my abdominal surgery was in May (8 weeks ago last Friday) and I am just getting started back at the most frustratingly slow pace ever! It's encouraging to hear that you're starting to feel better on your runs and I hope it continues to get better. Best of Luck!
Thanks, and best of luck to you too. I'm not fast to begin with, particularly compared to all my running friends, who have finished all their halves under 1:45. So, I expected to be slow while recovering. What I didn't expect was how much my endurance would decline, and for how long I'd need walk breaks, and more breaks than usual for me. So to finally have a run at a good pace for me, and only need one walk break after I had gone up a hill a little too fast, felt very successful.

Ran again this morning but DH had to leave early for work, so had to shorten it. Got in just over 2 miles, which is better than 0 miles;) and at a normal pace for me again. Yeah!

can anyone tell me if my friends can join us for the pasta in the park dinner? They are not running, but going to be watching us and cheering us on. Would like to have them at dinner with us. don't want to buy tix until i know for sure

can anyone tell me if my friends can join us for the pasta in the park dinner? They are not running, but going to be watching us and cheering us on. Would like to have them at dinner with us. don't want to buy tix until i know for sure

Yes, they can go. I bought tickets for four of us last year, but just two runners.

took everyones advice and we are now booked from 18-28 instead of 11-22. DD/DS will miss 2 extra days of school, but I think it will make life easier in the long run (ha, punny.) Now back to my original question, how do most of you plan your race days? We are doing the 5K and the 10 K. What time do you have to be at the park for each?

I haven't done the breakfast or pasta in the park (I'm usually on the dining plan, so that seems like excess money when I'm already paying for my meals), but I have done the after party at DTD. That's more low-key, you don't need to purchase a ticket to attend. Wear your finisher medal and you'll get discounts at the shops. You'll see LOTS of us there winding down from race day. I usually schedule an ADR for dinner at Raglan Road for us to go and enjoy the Irish music & dancing.

When it comes to planning your days out, it looks like your trip plan is the exact opposite of mine. As in, we plan our major park days for after raceday. We don't want to tire our legs out before we've even laced up our running shoes, lol. We plan to arrive early on Thursday the 18th (around 10am), then head to the Expo while we wait for our room to be available (it wasn't this year, until around noon). By the time we get back from the Expo with all our race gear (shirts, bibs, pins) and souvenirs (I get a new Sweatyband or two every year, and sometimes a tank or t-shirt), we're ready for a late lunch and a nap. ADR for dinner, then relax and go to bed early since the 5K is in the morning.

Friday: 5K in the morning, return to the room to shower & possibly catch a quick catnap before lunch and then heading to Animal Kingdom for the afternoon. ADR for dinner, early to bed since the 10K is in the morning.

Saturday: 10K in the morning, return to the room to shower & possibly catch a quick catnap before heading to Hollywood Studios. ADR at Sci-Fi, Fantasmic! that evening, QS dinner at either The Mara or Riverside Mill (they have a create your own pasta bar). Early to bed, since the Half is in the morning.

Sunday: PHM day! Return to the room to shower & catnap. QS lunch at The Mara, chill at the resort for the afternoon, ADR for dinner at Raglan Road for the PHM after party & shopping.

Monday: Free day (no parks). Either resort hop or just chill at AKL.

Tuesday: Epcot

Wednesday: MK

Thursday: Check-out & head home. Depending on how late our flight is, we might head back to DTD for last minute shopping & to pick up lunch and/or snacks leftover on our dining plan.

Thank you for this, VERY helpful :)

That's amazing running a ½ at 60!!!! Good luck on your 5K!!! And I absolutely know we can do this too!
It was a small-town festival 5K. I crossed the finish line in about 50 minutes and got a medal for my age division (I was the only one in my age division). It was brutally, brutally hot. I can't wait for fall to get here for some cooler temperatures to train in. Thank you for the encouragement.

Oh no! I had a setback! I was running 5.5 miles yesterday, training for my 10K next Saturday, and I sprained my LCL :( Has anyone ever done that? It's a Grade 1 sprain, so I'm hoping that means it heals fast, but it's such a BUMMER when I just registered for the Disney Princess Half (my first!)

Oh no! I had a setback! I was running 5.5 miles yesterday, training for my 10K next Saturday, and I sprained my LCL :( Has anyone ever done that? It's a Grade 1 sprain, so I'm hoping that means it heals fast, but it's such a BUMMER when I just registered for the Disney Princess Half (my first!)

That's so crummy! It's been a long time since I've sprained anything, but I had really awful IT band issues following the PHM in 2014 and it was SO discouraging. I swam as a running replacement for a while, and then I alternated swimming and running until it felt better. It helped me heal quickly and since then, I've run a marathon and four half marathons with no problems. I love swimming almost as much as running, it was good cross training and it prompted me to sign up for a triathlon. :) Really hope you feel better soon!!

I hope you get better soon!! Thankfully you have plenty of time to get ready and back into your training for the half. The fact that you're up to 5.5 miles already with this much time left means you're in good shape to build up miles from where you're at now!

Finally did a run today (3 miles) - my first since April. And now I'm dead! :faint:

Sorry if this is a silly question: one of the Galloway training plans on the RunDisney site says "To Finish in the Upright Position." Can someone explain what this means? Is it to try and get a ranked position? Thanks!

Finally did a run today (3 miles) - my first since April. And now I'm dead! :faint:

Sorry if this is a silly question: one of the Galloway training plans on the RunDisney site says "To Finish in the Upright Position." Can someone explain what this means? Is it to try and get a ranked position? Thanks!

I take the finish in the upright position to mean that you'll cross the finish line without death or injury.:rotfl:

And to help you know what it feels like to go the amount of mileage before the big day.

Thanks! That was what I assumed at first, but it was in the "experienced runners" group so I got very confused (not that it takes much, lol)!!

Even if you are experienced, you can choose whether to have a "just finish" goal or a time goal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter