Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

I only have the forerunner 10, but it has saved my data (up to that point) when it has lost charge.

Is any one else staying at Art of Animation for this race? I'm going solo for the GSC and just booked a Little Mermaid room (fitting). I'm running with a charity but they haven't released the information about our hotel yet and I figured I should have a back-up. If this turns out to be where I stay, am I shooting myself in the foot by doing so?

It's fine. LM rooms are a decent amount away, so they are a nice muscle warmup in the morning and a good stretch of the legs post-race.

Nothing wrong with staying at AoA, I've actually never said there and wanted to for a while. I wasn't sure if it was going to be ridiculously more crowded though.

It's a huge resort that can handle crowds decently.

So I know there has been a lot of talk about the race retreat. My husband, trying to show his support for my hobby like I do his (hunting and fishing......all the time!) mentioned today he is going to buy me a band into the race retreat. Going in as a solo runner, what are the pros and cons? What, realistically, do I need to do to make the price worth it? Thanks guys!!!

Go early, stay late. Take advantage of what there is there. Sit at tables with people and chat.

If it's cold, the temperature-control just means "not as cold as outside", in my experience from Jan 2014 Half.

"Eggs", meat (I don't eat it), chocolate muffins, coffee. Hot sauce to make the eggs palatable for me. I didn't get there quite early enough to be able to eat anything beforehand (I ate a bagel and coffee in the room, which made me later than intended for Retreat).

I think it's a great idea for solo events, especially if you really really need to eat after a long run.

By the end of the Retreat the special portapotty area was a bit of a mess.

They did not have a pre-order for the Dooneys and they sold out within minutes at the expo on Thursday, bought by people not even running, and were posted by that evening on EBAY for double or triple what they were bought them for. Unless you could be there when the doors opened, you had no chance of getting one.
That is what I figured would happen and scheduled my flight in early that day so I could've there. Then I found out a few weeks ago our flights got pushed back. I was getting very nervous because there hadn't been any info on preorders yet but now I can relax a lot more and there is no pressure to head straight to the expo when we get there at noon.

Where can you purchase the 2016 Dooney & Bourke bags? #need!
Go to the rundisney site and the PHM page. Go to the commemorative items link and it takes you to the active.com site. From there choose commemorative items and they are there.

Just bought the crossbody and pouchette! Thanks for the heads up!

yea last year I had to buy mine from what I call a "scalper" since I didn't get there until Friday....

BTW, I couldn't get to the site from run Disney. I signed on to active and clicked on my events and selected additional items from there.

Any idea if the D&B will be the nylon material or leather? I really prefer the nylon and don't want to purchase if its the leather.

I am really excited about the preorder, and the crossbody style, but I am also anxious to see what it looks like. I don't want to spend that kind of money blindly. I think the pre-order is a much better way of doing it. We arrive at the expo early Thursday afternoon last year and I was lucky enough to get one of 12 of the medium size purses left. But I'd still reather not have the pressure of dealing with the madness and being able to focus on other things with a preorder.

I am really excited about the preorder, and the crossbody style, but I am also anxious to see what it looks like. I don't want to spend that kind of money blindly. I think the pre-order is a much better way of doing it. We arrive at the expo early Thursday afternoon last year and I was lucky enough to get one of 12 of the medium size purses left. But I'd still reather not have the pressure of dealing with the madness and being able to focus on other things with a preorder.

I decided after last year, that even if I hate the pattern, I can return it. I would at least like the option.

Dont know if its already been posted, but the merchandise Im most interested in is the sweatshirts and jackets sold at the expo, does anyone have pictures of last years and prices? thanks

Last year it was leather.
Thank you. That's what I thought. I ran into a gal in the parks that had a nylon Crossbody from Tink and got ever so hopeful. I desperately want the nylon because its a little more park-touring friendly for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter