Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

Have corral placements been released for the 5 and 10k?

No, corrals for PHM Weekend have not been released yet. According to rD's website, the official event guide and waivers (with corral assignments) will not be available until approximately two weeks prior to the race weekend. So, we've got a couple weeks to go before we see those.

Okay, dumb question here. If you pre order the Dooney do you pick it up at the expo? I've never pre ordered one before.

Have corral placements been released for the 5 and 10k?
To add to what @Luv2Run said, they won't release 5K corrals ahead of time. You'll know your 5K corral when you pick up your bib, though you could probably make a good guess based on your bib number when we get waivers.
Okay, dumb question here. If you pre order the Dooney do you pick it up at the expo? I've never pre ordered one before.
Yes, pick-up at the expo. They will have a line for people buying the day of, and a separate line for those who pre-ordered.

To anyone that pre-ordered - if you have an annual pass you can pick up your back, return the bag and re-buy it on the spot to get your AP discount applied. You won't get the Active.com fees back. Not sure if this works with DVC or Disney Visa discounts.

Last edited:

To add to what @Luv2Run said, they won't release 5K corrals ahead of time. You'll know your 5K corral when you pick up your bib, though you could probably make a good guess based on your bib number when we get waivers.

Yes, pick-up at the expo. They will have a line for people buying the day of, and a separate line for those who pre-ordered.

To anyone that pre-ordered - if you have an annual pass you can pick up your back, return the bag and re-buy it on the spot to get your AP discount applied. You won't get the Active.com fees back. Not sure if this works with VC or Disney Visa discounts.

What are VC discounts? Please don't tell me Vacation Club members get discounts - if so I've been over paying for merchandise at my last three expos! I don't get the Dooneys, purses are not my thing, but I totally get it for those who are. I do buy merchandise each time though.

What are VC discounts? Please don't tell me Vacation Club members get discounts - if so I've been over paying for merchandise at my last three expos! I don't get the Dooneys, purses are not my thing, but I totally get it for those who are. I do buy merchandise each time though.
Oops...by VC I meant DVC, so you still got the gist. ;) I am not DVC so I have no idea if members get discounts, but if I WERE DVC, I would 100% ask everywhere I go! :teeth:

You should definitely ask at the official merch area...the worst they can do is say no.

Oops...by VC I meant DVC, so you still got the gist. ;) I am not DVC so I have no idea if members get discounts, but if I WERE DVC, I would 100% ask everywhere I go! :teeth:

You should definitely ask at the official merch area...the worst they can do is say no.

Phew;) I think I did ask once about a DVC discount, in 2014, after reading about VC and AP discounts here. I had an AP then so no big deal not getting DVC. But I did not ask last year at PHM or out at DL for Avengers, figured it wouldn't change. But I should ask again this year about DVC discounts, you never know:)

Last edited:

I just checked in online - it's getting so close now!

Other than continuing training, the only thing I have left to do is decide whether or not to purchase Memory Maker or I read something (can't remember where) that they have day Memory Maker passes which may be a smidge cheaper than the $169 since I'll only need it for 2 days in the parks. Does anyone know what this is and can you shed any light for me??? TIA!

Phew;) I think I did ask once, in 2014, after reading about VC and AP discounts here. I had an AP then so no big deal. But I did not ask last year at PHM or out at DL for Avengers, figured it wouldn't change. But I should ask again this year, you never know:)
You absolutely get your merch discount on the official Rundisney merch. Just used my annual pass discount last week at the expo. But it's only on the room with the official merch (not new balance or the booths)

I am believing that we will have bib numbers by this time next week. Judging by when they released the numbers for the last 2 runDisney races. Dec. 16th for Star Wars (race this weekend) and I believe it was Dec. 6th for Marathon weekend (last weekend). I can hope anyway, right? :)

I am believing that we will have bib numbers by this time next week. Judging by when they released the numbers for the last 2 runDisney races. Dec. 16th for Star Wars (race this weekend) and I believe it was Dec. 6th for Marathon weekend (last weekend). I can hope anyway, right? :)
Yea I have been tracking that too. That is what it seems like to me. Does anyone know if bib numbers fall into the same corrals or close to that of the WDW half marathon?

Does anyone have a link to last year's course map and corrals? Google is not being my friend today!

@Dis5150

sFWbBcDad0IBN93vqtIKM5NDocwMBkcaNp8RiKFrF5GV-4BRe3VYQiRRg3zf1WEe1O95fr7_iiQOESZTpcQFr6LXRs3G5UhR-p8DphNAMOAmZO1Dp24PqJ9Z87P0SOrVARMq9aTSwLZd4i4XFu-4Pxa6ltmA6MEMLIthIyPWZlCU9uPNclx-TM4sQ2U0WeQQ-s9rSd1D0SsioqHnEPiE2DPUUeEVBuclGAp8Iuj7e10AA8Hl2ObzMeU8kfQ7Nr2Qktg1ZT07EPRNoZntv8G_ZT0LO2sT0vPxXxs4vZJBok9m1oOwtPaOPbF4G2WpGmc7a3lkXBGZOGHuoH-3KLu8RjV4lmU02N-bRYWfEGCKaKubE_I-9rOhRjDkmlERExC5QNAes7nWzMSmZ3OJUZufLH46TAyK8nZi6TErXJPFqmkegkxkseOtDRchJ0ESaolxl73wwPFzFDTwJljOkzvDXlCliIjvVjkZARMfdFbfilPlIRxQiwaBRTTIc75gZhnff4KqHMoyvwbbEjHEecwbYn4pYP0jLl_NayJ9mLhAxwKT3NOlxzSih0kfLq3FO2DgZlY93g=w987-h856-no

py6Pv3pevWTy8CMc1i4Wgb3ahsVuwVB059qq5NLMmGdvsAtwZsIi8ZUD02KDnC2A_Q94x_AsX60tZiUJqVVOABYvLwcweBDrBPVQxOfg1bhd_Jy7ku88UM36iljLH9Gqc751ki08ck2bkpb1Ehx19wJt5UkXmLsr88UsBsTIc14EmoDWM101cbhpSeR-QZ9hu8aCft_sF0BrqAoGaWYkcbp6UcFbf-a5YR0Mqb8iDps-PMbPBX8gGtGMNL_zLzwz8WGxAcNnXAkufNKic553gdtTylKcdvKxI03LfsghiyNClrGs_zPr2NtTlLernsjtFn01xku2gk70y3vfWVyLQXRdchJI7zhnxcioLEpD4sXeLkzPIlRAPKzu05R9Ye5sGNBdMxKqFajwq1N_WVmmCUkgaGsafntpzwZsioQ7DICZHFUFuN7_-lUHp-F76j3i7gfN6qBndTvULcvqjqc-M5SfnydTZHOgjSh67EZVfXdbLtqU-lIW5O3K1TDp552wjLTZB5B163SMoUUgQzs0h1ctkSTwaY8Rydqm0ZCJDev-=w697-h831-no

Yea I have been tracking that too. That is what it seems like to me. Does anyone know if bib numbers fall into the same corrals or close to that of the WDW half marathon?
I wouldn't go off of the WDW Half corrals. The corrals for that race tend to be faster than PHM, and WDW Half also has to seed Goofy and Dopey Challenge runners, so it's a little different.

Corrals can always change...just depends on how many people submit times and how fast those submitted times are.

I wouldn't go off of the WDW Half corrals. The corrals for that race tend to be faster than PHM, and WDW Half also has to seed Goofy and Dopey Challenge runners, so it's a little different.

Corrals can always change...just depends on how many people submit times and how fast those submitted times are.
I figured there would be some room for difference. I just want to get an idea that way I am mentally prepared for about where I might end up. I submitted a time but know it wasn't as fast as most. My first have marathon was 34 degree and sleeting. And in our area I had to travel to even find that half so I could get a PoT.

I figured there would be some room for difference. I just want to get an idea that way I am mentally prepared for about where I might end up. I submitted a time but know it wasn't as fast as most. My first have marathon was 34 degree and sleeting. And in our area I had to travel to even find that half so I could get a PoT.
No matter the corral, you will have a fabulous time! :)

No matter the corral, you will have a fabulous time! :)
I know I will. I am just such a planner and worry wart that I want to be mentally prepared for what photos I will stop to take if I am far back in the corrals and can't do them all. They have no idea how much stress they took off of my shoulder just by offering preorder on the purses! I was trying to figure out how I was going to get there a day earlier since my original flights got pushed back.

I am undecided on the bag. I didn't care for last years and I'm terrified to spend $200 and not like the bag! I actually prefer the bags from marathon weekend. Am I able to return it if I don't like it? And most of my friends think I have completely lost my mind for even considering spending that much on something sight unseen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter