• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

I wasn't planning on buying much merch but now I've changed my mind!

We're resort hopping on the Thursday from AKL to YC, so were planning on checking out at 11am and heading to the expo then. Will they have run out of the merch by then? If so, what time should I look at getting to the expo by?

I plan on getting there before it opens. I go for official merch first and foremost and then pick up my bib and stuff after my shopping. I need KT taping, so I buy that and my NB shoes (not sure if I'm going to get them this time around) on the first day as well. Other little stuff I sometimes like to take time to think about. But official merch is day 1 for me. I usually get taped the day before my first run.

I plan on getting there before it opens. I go for official merch first and foremost and then pick up my bib and stuff after my shopping. I need KT taping, so I buy that and my NB shoes (not sure if I'm going to get them this time around) on the first day as well. Other little stuff I sometimes like to take time to think about. But official merch is day 1 for me. I usually get taped the day before my first run.
Is that where they sell the polka dots KT Tape? I saw it once on the KT website as a Limited Edition, but its been long gone since early summer.

I wasn't planning on buying much merch but now I've changed my mind!

We're resort hopping on the Thursday from AKL to YC, so were planning on checking out at 11am and heading to the expo then. Will they have run out of the merch by then? If so, what time should I look at getting to the expo by?

Things like hoodies/jackets and tank tops will go fairly quickly, especially if they're challenge-related.

The Expo has been opening doors about 30 minute before published time on the first day for people queued up for official merchandise, so just keep that in mind! For Marathon Weekend, doors opened at 9:30 on Thursday and most of the coveted stuff was gone within 5 minutes or so. It's like watching a plague of locusts descend ...

Things like hoodies/jackets and tank tops will go fairly quickly, especially if they're challenge-related.

The Expo has been opening doors about 30 minute before published time on the first day for people queued up for official merchandise, so just keep that in mind! For Marathon Weekend, doors opened at 9:30 on Thursday and most of the coveted stuff was gone within 5 minutes or so. It's like watching a plague of locusts descend ...

So maybe my wallet is glad that I'm not hitting the expo until Thursday night...

Oh goodness, I don't think I want anything badly enough to fight people off!

I think I'll try and time it so I avoid the plague but don't miss out completely.

...And ten minutes after that eBay is flooded with the coveted merch!:)

Oh goodness, I don't think I want anything badly enough to fight people off!

I think I'll try and time it so I avoid the plague but don't miss out completely.

I mean, no one is throwing 'bows or anything, but you definitely need to be there early if there are specific things you want. And also be prepared with a strategy, because it will be crowded right at opening with people basically grabbing everything and trying it on right there in the aisles. For Marathon Weekend, I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. For W&D, we got there at 10:15 a.m. and everything was CRAZY picked over.

So silly question about the preview, but I bought the merchandise bundle (I don't even remember what was included, except it mentioned Tervis) and am wondering if the Tervis Water bottle pictured is the one included with the bundle? Any ideas?
I might need the I Did It! Shirt for GSC its cute!
SO EXCITED!!! Hmm and I also need to pack some more tonight, sigh.

I don't remember polka dots for sure- but they typically have tons of colors. I even saw pink/regular camo, mustache, etc at W&D. As the weekend progressed, colors disappeared. The trick is this- their prices at the tent aren't the greatest (costco/sam's likely better) but not so terrible that buying there is a problem- esp since they will literally tape you head to toe as long as you buy the tape there. And especially since it is the precut strips of Pro version.

I tend to buy it the first day and get taped later in the expo if my run isn't the next day; but come EARLY if you plan to get taped. The first time I got taped was for runner's knee (hadn't had a flare in a year or so but didn't want to take a chance) and I came on day #2 first thing. In and out in less than a half hour. Went back literally an hour later (opposite knee was jealous and I decided I wanted my SI and IT bands taped as well) and I waited darn near two hours to be taped. I sat down the whole time, but that was a LONNNNG time to wait. Part of that is that many people do get multiple things taped, and there aren't that many people taping relative to how many want to be taped.

While it worked for me, I do agree- if you *think* you might want to be taped for the run, don't let the Expo be the first time you try it. Also, DO NOT tape it yourself if you don't know how. YMMV of course, but you can cause issues if you tape yourself wrong.

Is that where they sell the polka dots KT Tape? I saw it once on the KT website as a Limited Edition, but its been long gone since early summer.

The Minnie tape? Red tape with white dots. I thought I saw it at Star Wars, but it was $25 per roll. Way outside my price point.

So silly question about the preview, but I bought the merchandise bundle (I don't even remember what was included, except it mentioned Tervis) and am wondering if the Tervis Water bottle pictured is the one included with the bundle? Any ideas?
I might need the I Did It! Shirt for GSC its cute!
SO EXCITED!!! Hmm and I also need to pack some more tonight, sigh.
I was wondering the same thing!

First time for the race. Looking at the Event Guide Expo Floorplan, it shows official merchandise booths in the HP Field House and at the Expo. Do both locations have the same items? I did pre-order the pin but would like to get a "I did it" shirt too.

Let's hope those highs hit long after the races are done! And low humidity too! I had to cancel this morning's run. My 12 year old dog was acting strange so I came home to hang with him.

Agreed. I do not enjoy heat or humidity!

Want. All. The. Stuff!!

Me. Too!

Uggghh i want all the stuff! I haven't purchased race merch since the 2012 PHM, but I won't be doing next year's PHM so I want keepsakes! I have my sights set on the pink zip-up, the pink sweatyband, the blue pullover, the 19.3 miles magnet (they seriously need to make a 22.4 magnet for those who do all three races), maybe the grey tiara tank top (I need to see it in person).

Bye-bye, money...

I wish I was doing the GSC this year. The merch is so much better! I am really happy about the general "weekend" stuff and the I Did It shirt for the 5K!

If I pre-ordered the jacket, will it be the purply-pink zip up that is in the upper left hand corner of the second picture? I'm loving lots of the stuff!

It will likely be a jacket you've not seen. That's how it has been the last two years. These jackets will be the ones available to the public.

First time for the race. Looking at the Event Guide Expo Floorplan, it shows official merchandise booths in the HP Field House and at the Expo. Do both locations have the same items? I did pre-order the pin but would like to get a "I did it" shirt too.

The one in the Field House will have some of what is in the expo, but not everything. Everything in the Field House will be in the expo. I can't remember whether the I Did It shirts were in the Field House though.

The one in the Field House will have some of what is in the expo, but not everything. Everything in the Field House will be in the expo. I can't remember whether the I Did It shirts were in the Field House though.

Oh no! I didn't even realize there were two spots! I really wanted the I did it! GSC shirt. I was hoping I could get in line Wed before it opened and get the shirt first thing. Hmm any ideas on how to do this?

ETA: Sleepyhead should re-read things before posting. If I am understanding this right, then I should go to the one in Josten's center.

Last edited:
Oh no! I didn't even realize there were two spots! I really wanted the I did it! GSC shirt. I was hoping I could get in line Wed before it opened and get the shirt first thing. Hmm any ideas on how to do this?

ETA: Sleepyhead should re-read things before posting. If I am understanding this right, then I should go to the one in Josten's center.

The expo doesn't open until Thursday. You will not be able to get merchandise until then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter