• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

The expo doesn't open until Thursday. You will not be able to get merchandise until then.
Yup Thursday, Thursday is what I meant. Okay time for bed and to stop typing because it clearly is not working for me.
Thank you for your help.

Yup Thursday, Thursday is what I meant. Okay time for bed and to stop typing because it clearly is not working for me.
Thank you for your help.

Then it will be no problem! Just head over there before it opens and get in line to get in. When you go in, head straight for the expo merchandise. Get your bib later. They aren't going to give it away before you get there.

First time for the race. Looking at the Event Guide Expo Floorplan, it shows official merchandise booths in the HP Field House and at the Expo. Do both locations have the same items? I did pre-order the pin but would like to get a "I did it" shirt too.

The one in the Expo will be largest and will have your I Did It gear. The one in the packet-pickup area will be smaller but didn't have the I Did It shirts at Marathon and W&D Weekend.

Right?!? I don't know how I feel about those shorts! I like everything else though.

And speaking of shorts... the other day I watched a very sweaty man get off his treadmill and reach all the way into Neverland to rescue the two dwarfs from his underwear that had crept up. The bathroom was like ten feet away so I have no idea why he didn't just go there to take care of the problem.
Ewwwww!! Now that's stuck in my head, and why can I imagine the stank too?

I thought I posted a few pages ago, but I will be there next weekend for the Princess 5k. Hope you can still add me to the roll call.

I have 3 reservations for the Princess breakfast on Friday 2/19 after the 5k, but since my mom broke her leg, she and my Dad won't be joining me after all. I am not sure if I can gift two of these reservations or not, but if so, I will be doing so!

they seriously need to make a 22.4 magnet for those who do all three races

Yes, I am thinking I need to make decorations for our MagicBands with this magic numbere since we can't get anything with it anywhere!

I am not a fan of the pink jacket, if it is indeed pink. Which makes me either really bummed, or really happy, that I didn't do the preorder. I guess only time will tell.

I know this has been asked, but I seem to have gotten conflicting info - the larger variety of official merchandise is in the Jostens Center (aka expo) and NOT the field house (where the packet pick up is)?? Or the reverse?

Yes, I am thinking I need to make decorations for our MagicBands with this magic numbere since we can't get anything with it anywhere!

I am not a fan of the pink jacket, if it is indeed pink. Which makes me either really bummed, or really happy, that I didn't do the preorder. I guess only time will tell.

Agreed. My best friend got me a necklace on Etsy that has all three distances on it. I really treasure it, because it's the only thing I have with all 3!

I am a huge fan of the pink jacket. It kind of matches my hair. However, it is unlikely that is the preorder jacket. The last 2 years, it has been a different one.

Agreed. My best friend got me a necklace on Etsy that has all three distances on it. I really treasure it, because it's the only thing I have with all 3!

I am a huge fan of the pink jacket. It kind of matches my hair. However, it is unlikely that is the preorder jacket. The last 2 years, it has been a different one.

I will have to see the pink jacket in person, but pink is normally not my color. Hence my possible regret that I didn't do the pre-order.

And speaking of shorts... the other day I watched a very sweaty man get off his treadmill and reach all the way into Neverland to rescue the two dwarfs from his underwear that had crept up. The bathroom was like ten feet away so I have no idea why he didn't just go there to take care of the problem.

Auuuuughhhh.

I thought my 11 year old's words were bad; he talks about the "depths of Tartarus" and the "Grand Canyon", but even he was kind of grossed out by Neverland and the Dwarfs. (he's up right now because we had a long long dance convention weekend and he has slept in mega-late the last two days, and now neither of us can get to bed ontime)

If I pre-ordered the jacket, will it be the purply-pink zip up that is in the upper left hand corner of the second picture? I'm loving lots of the stuff!

Probably not.

Is that where they sell the polka dots KT Tape? I saw it once on the KT website as a Limited Edition, but its been long gone since early summer.

I saw Minnie tape at Star Wars, I'm 99.99999% sure.

I bought the merchandise bundle (I don't even remember what was included, except it mentioned Tervis) and am wondering if the Tervis Water bottle pictured is the one included with the bundle? Any ideas?

Probably not.

While it worked for me, I do agree- if you *think* you might want to be taped for the run, don't let the Expo be the first time you try it. Also, DO NOT tape it yourself if you don't know how. YMMV of course, but you can cause issues if you tape yourself wrong.

On the other hand, if you're having pain and you think it's b/c of the taping, just take it off. (ow ow ow, but better than hurting yourself)

Looking at the Event Guide Expo Floorplan, it shows official merchandise booths in the HP Field House and at the Expo. Do both locations have the same items?

The expo spot will be bigger and therefore will probably have more items and more of each item.

Get your bib later. They aren't going to give it away before you get there.

Agreed.

pink is normally not my color

Pink can indeed be iffy for a redhead.

Though my redheaded son looked adorable in it when he was 1 and in his traditional Korean outfit for the birthday. :) (OK that sounds odd; he's a quarter Korean and is, indeed, a redhead)

Two things. First, how are you guys feeling about the glitter and glow package? Aside I mean from the fact that it's a obvious money grab. I like light up tiaras but wearing makeup before a run seems like a disaster. And if you already wear makeup before running you probably know what works best for you, not something I'd want to try.

And the second, my workplace is spreading a cold. It seems like more people have it everyday. Anyone else struggling not to get sick this close to the race.

[QUOTE="Anisum, post: 55150716, member: 553763"

And the second, my workplace is spreading a cold. It seems like more people have it everyday. Anyone else struggling not to get sick this close to the race.[/QUOTE]

Totally worried about getting sick! My DH has a cold and my DS is home sick today with a very sore throat. The kids' school has so many bugs going around at the moment!
Fingers crossed we're all good for next week!

I'm right there with you on the trying not to get sick thing. My whole family has been sick the last few weeks except for me. I've been taking Airborne, trying to stay hydrated and washing my hands constantly.

I finally caved and made myself a physical therapy appointment to figure out what's going on. It's two days before we leave for Disney. :crazy2: I know it's too much to ask for a quick fix, but I really hope he can do something so I can actually run a little bit for the half!

Are any of the preorder jackets available at the expo? Like if Im super lucky and get there right when it opens. Also can I shop first then pick up my race packet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter