Official 2016 Star Wars Half Marthon - The Dark Side Weekend

The new rules say the same race can be used to qualify for multiple medals and you can get multiple medals at the finish of 1 race so since the qualifier for a blue C2C is just a DL and WDW race then technically Light Side = DL and Dark Side = WDW so you have qualified for the blue coast to coast as well as the Kessel Run. I've seen the photo (don't want to post as it isn't mine) and it clearly says Coast 2 Coast on one and Kessel Run on the other.
Well then they changed the rules because i emailed them last year directly to ask about this and that's not what they said would happen. I'LL double check if that means doing tink-princess earns you both a blue and pink....waiting in another line #9, for runner relations

Well then they changed the rules because i emailed them last year directly to ask about this and that's not what they said would happen. I'LL double check if that means doing tink-princess earns you both a blue and pink....waiting in another line #9, for runner relations

They did change the rules for the 2016 races. I can't remember when it was posted exactly but everything does say new for this year.

I saw a picture someone posted on facebook that had 2 wristband, one coast to coast and one said kessel.
My mom sent me the photos of the photopass maps with their spots marked, thought that was interesting and said none are former marathonfoto people but all come from ESPN, whatever that means, so maybe they are trained better for sports action shots.

They did change the rules for the 2016 races. I can't remember when it was posted exactly but everything does say new for this year.
Well then they changed it twice. Initially in late 2015 they announced them for the 2016 season with the new ability to use the same race twice. Then I emailed them to get some answers and now those answers appear to be wrong.

Bte, while in line confirmed on guy has only done Light Side and now Dark Side and had both bands and will get 2 C2C medals - blue and kessel.

Waiting to ask if this means that doing tink-princess will give you 2 as well.

I fly in on Saturday to get my bib for the Half because
At expo now, all race-specific magnets except kids races sold out. Infinite sad face.
I'm simultaneously dismayed and relieved that the merchandise will be picked over by the time I arrive on Saturday afternoon.

Ok I have Great news for all of you doing Princess-Tink only....you will get both Blue and Pink medals.

Btw, there is only ONE C2C medal - Blue one.

KESSEL is a Bonus medal for doing Star Wars.

PINK is a Bonus medal for being a hot princess, or doing the 2 women's races.

And you can ONLY get one of each per year.

Ok I have Great news for all of you doing Princess-Tink only....you will get both Blue and Pink medals.

Thanks for doing all of that investigative work!

Good luck to everyone running this weekend! im jealous of all you 10Kers. Between the medal and the race shirt, I wish I was there! Love both of them.

And @Z-Knight , that's interesting about the C2C changes for this year. I was wondering if that's what was happening after seeing a picture of someone with 2 bands (C2C and Kessel). Super jealous of that too.

Well, I went to packet pickup, so that's step 1 down on my first 5k. :)

Stupid question: How exactly am I supposed to pin the bib onto a shirt? Do I put it on the front or the back? Should it go over my chest or abdomen if on front? Should I do it before I get there? I feel like I'm probably overthinking this. :faint:

Stupid question: How exactly am I supposed to pin the bib onto a shirt? Do I put it on the front or the back? Should it go over my chest or abdomen if on front? Should I do it before I get there? I feel like I'm probably overthinking this. :faint:
Absolutely front. That's how photographers see who you are.

Pin it on the night before the race. It's better to do it in advance at your hotel when it's easier to do so. Pinning it on at the start while you're wearing your race shirt can be tricky. It goes on the front of your shirt. I keep mine just below my rib cage, but others like theirs closer to chest level. It's really just personal preference. Have fun in your first race!

Thanks for the answers. I'll put it on the front abdomen area of my shirt, since there's a graphic on the chest anyway that I didn't really want covered up. :thumbsup2

Lol I think they have changed their explanation at least 3 times this year. Did the pink just become bonus this year? I am sure this made a lot more sense in someone's head than it did on paper or execution.

This is so crazy! & typical rDisney....I have in writing a statement from them that I Could Not get c2c for doing dark side + light side...Only extra medal possible would be Kessel.

Only reason I signed up for W&D this year was not to waste my trip to DL as part of getting c2c this year.

I'm happy they changed it....just frustrated with them!

Pin it on the night before the race. It's better to do it in advance at your hotel when it's easier to do so. Pinning it on at the start while you're wearing your race shirt can be tricky. It goes on the front of your shirt. I keep mine just below my rib cage, but others like theirs closer to chest level. It's really just personal preference. Have fun in your first race!
I know most runners use the strategy of pinning it on the night before so they can just put the shirt on race day and not have to worry about doing it in the morning.Since I'm a little paranoid I stopped doing that years ago since in the process of putting the shirt on I worry I'm bending the timing tag in the back and I won't be tracked,so after I put my shirt on I pin it in the hotel in front of a mirror to make sure its straight.This question leads me to wonder which is the better timing tag,the D-tags that goes on your shoe or the B-tag Disney uses?I hear the D-tags are more accurate and I kinda like placing them in my shoe and they create less stress when pinning my bib,at least for me!The only time a B-tag failed to register me at a timing mat during a Disney race was in the mile 20 mat during the 2013 Disney full.

Man, it's crazy to read everyone's accounts on the Expo, but I really appreciate all of the information. So helpful for newcomers to this whole runDisney thing. A little intimidating, but helpful. lol

My husband and I got to the expo around 2PM. We were able to shop, get our bibs, pick up my Dooney and leave in less than an hour! We did get him 2 shirts, me an additional shirt (a friend picked me up 2 shirts in the morning chaos that I have to get from her tomorrow) , sweaty band for challenge, 2 medal pins (Half & Challenge), $64 Flip Flops, Compression Sleeves. Glad I was able to do a shirt exchange for race shirts as they felt more snug than normal.

Not too bad!

muv2OlZ.jpg

Anyone go to Studio's tonight? They had Star Wars Fireworks which I thought they weren't starting until this summer. Very impressive! Is it a soft open or will it be something different later this year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter