Official 2016 Star Wars Half Marthon - The Dark Side Weekend

Surprised there is no hard ticketed Star Wars themed event on the schedule. Perhaps something at DHS scheduled around Seasons of the Force, or whatever that event is going to be called.

They seem to have some kind of event at all the other races. With this new race, they would be leaving money on the table.

I suppose they could always add something between now and reservation time.

I know that when they first posted the Disneyland Half for this year that they didn't mention anything about a 10th Anniversary Party and then when I went to purchase my race it was there as a selection. They could definitely add something. I would think they they might as this would be the inaugural event. Guess we just have to wait and see.

Hi guys - I'm so excited to read about this race! I'm already signed up for the Rebel Challenge out in DL so if I can make it into this race I should be able to get the Kessel Run medal as well.

I do have a question and not sure if anyone can help me out with it. I'm doing the Rebel Challenge in January in DL and then the Glass Slipper Challenge in February in WDW and now hope to get into the Dark Side Challenge in WDW in April. My question is that after I do the Glass Slipper - will they give me the Coast to Coast medal and then the Kessel Run medal after I complete the Dark Side Challenge? Just not sure how this will work. If I can only get one c-t-c medal then I want the Kessel Run.

Thanks in advance.

meg
Since this is new there's no way to know for sure but based on the C2C 2016 page on the RunDisney website that would be the case. Their example shows it as a DL->WDW->DL order but I think it stands in all cases.

I'm really hoping to do the Dark Side Challenge with DH and then DS will run the 10K as well. We already have a trip planned that week because it's our kiddos spring break! Now I just have to convince DH to fork over $770.

I'll be in for the Dark Side Challenge. Already set aside the money to do early registration and reserved my home resort for that weekend. Of course when my 7 month mark pops up I may try to switch. See you ladies and gents there!

When looking at the pricing, don't forget to account for active fees.

Glass Slipper was $325.33 ($305 + Active Fees)

The Disneyland Star Wars 5K was really 80.38 ($75 + Active Fees)

Rebel Challenge was $443.91 for my husband ($330 for Rebel + 86.95 for Jacket + Active Fees) I got my Rebel through a TA so my cost didn't have active fees but had ticket & hotel requirements.

I booked a room at AS Music yesterday as soon as the race was announced. I'm thinking of doing a really short trip, flying down on Friday morning and home on Sunday night. I want to run the Dark Side Challenge. I'm not planning on doing any park time, so I hope that they add some sort of evening event like the Pasta in the Park party during PHM weekend.

I'm a bit concerned about flight prices. SW hasn't released their flights yet, but all my other potential options are really expensive. Unfortunately, race registration happens before SW releases the flights, so I'm going to have to decide if it is worth taking a chance.

Since this is new there's no way to know for sure but based on the C2C 2016 page on the RunDisney website that would be the case. Their example shows it as a DL->WDW->DL order but I think it stands in all cases.

Thank you very much for the link. Makes me happy to think I'll get both the regular coast to coast medal plus the Kessel Run one. Of course now looking at that page really makes me want to go do the Paris half. Wish I had the money.

Hi all! I have never done a disney (or any other!) race, but I have always wanted to! I saw this pop up on Facebook yesterday and saw that we will be there at that time anyway, so I am going to do it :banana::banana::banana: DS14 is going to do it with me and he is so excited because he is a HUGE Star Wars fan!!

We will be going down from 4/7-4/11 and then going on the DREAM from 4/11-4/15 and staying at BLT until 4/17. So I was thinking we would just do the 10K. It'll be a good way to get our feet wet with this racing thing, I guess!

Any advice you all can offer would be very helpful! We are DVC members and I think we may get to register early? I don't see it on the DVC site just yet though. Also, we would have to go pick up our packet sometime on Friday after we get off the cruise. Is this doable? I don't even know where the ESPN WWOSC is or how to get there!

Thanks!

Star Wars geek and Floridian here... I've been impatiently waiting and waiting for this!!!! :dancer: I'm alllllll over the Dark Side Challenge. Which is saying something because I swore after my last late spring half down here I'd never again attempt a FL race that late in the season. :scared::faint: I'll start crossing my fingers now for a cool front in mid-April...

Any advice you all can offer would be very helpful! We are DVC members and I think we may get to register early? I don't see it on the DVC site just yet though. Also, we would have to go pick up our packet sometime on Friday after we get off the cruise. Is this doable? I don't even know where the ESPN WWOSC is or how to get there!

Thanks!
Yep, as DVC members you can register early. rD hasn't released that date yet, but Sept. 8 and 15 have been floated as possibilities. You'll go through the DVC Member site - I think I recall it being under Special Offers? Somebody double check me there; I haven't been a member for a couple years now.

You can do pack pick-up Fri. There will be buses running to and from WWOS to and from the host resorts for the race weekend. We don't know which resorts those are yet. If BLT/CR isn't a host, you can take a cab or get to a host resort and take a bus from there.

I'm in for the Half or the challenge, depending how fit and confident I feel after this year's DL Half.

Thank you very much for the link. Makes me happy to think I'll get both the regular coast to coast medal plus the Kessel Run one. Of course now looking at that page really makes me want to go do the Paris half. Wish I had the money.

Pretty sure there is no way DH will let me pop over to Paris without him just to run a race...LOL! But I would never have thought you could get the regular c2c and kessel run using the same race so hooray! I will get both too! Going to fill up my medal holder between 2 w&d races, 3 sww races (+ rebel challenge), 2 princess plus glass slipper and 2 SW dark side plus c2c and kessel! Thats a lot of bling!

This is killing me. I wouldn't have signed up for Princess if I had known this was happening for sure! My husband is going to kill me if I suggest another trip to Florida.
Maybe we can hire some bodyguards at a group rate, cuz mine may attempt it when I tell him I've booked a trip (a 12 hour drive) exactly 4 weeks after a ski trip (12 hour drive in the opposite direction)!!!

This is what Disney should have done - create an entire Star Wars park and not just modify a small section of the parks:

http://www.lostateminor.com/2015/08/24/this-is-the-star-wars-theme-park-everyone-is-hoping-for/
This-is-the-Star-Wars-them-park-everyone-is-hoping-for.jpg

Maybe we can hire some bodyguards at a group rate, cuz mine may attempt it when I tell him I've booked a trip (a 12 hour drive) exactly 4 weeks after a ski trip (12 hour drive in the opposite direction)!!!

I'm in for the group rate! Just suggested the trip to my husband and he did not sound excited about a 4th runDisney event for the year

I'm in for the group rate! Just suggested the trip to my husband and he did not sound excited about a 4th runDisney event for the year
I think my husband has realized that there is no point in trying to stop me when I get my mind set on a race or a Disney trip. When I showed him the email he said that he wants to do the challenge!

Reservations made at Port Orleans Riverside. We have loved staying there the past two Marathon weekends. Also makes it easy to get over to Disney Springs without driving or having to take a bus.

I am planning to register. Do you think this will sell out fast? I'm debating on whether to go ahead and sign up for an active.com account.

Yes....it will be very fast. People have been wanting this race for a while, add the special coast to coast and the overall lack of races in DW between Feb and Nov and you have a speedy sellout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter