Official 2016 Star Wars Half Marthon - The Dark Side Weekend

Just received the MB stickers I created in Magic Your Band, and placed them on our red MBs that we received yesterday. Each one lists the races that person is running. Ta da!

Those are great! I had never heard of that site - just ordered the Darth Vader and BB8 ones for us - hopefully they will arrive before we leave for the race next Friday! Thanks for sharing!:yay:

Bathroom question. Having run The Princess Half a few times - we knew there were "real bathrooms" around mile 7 at the transportation center as well as in the MK. Does anyone know if we pass "real bathrooms" during our time in Epcot or Hollywood Studios? Thanks

We got into MCO around 12pm on Friday. The plan is to take Magical Express from the airport to Pop Century. We would then have to take a bus from Pop Century to WWOS. I'm wondering if it would make more sense to just take a cab or something directly to WWOS so we aren't wasting so much time with transportation? We haven't done this in year's past but my husband and I do want some of the merchandise. There isn't transportation from the airport to WWOS is there?

We got into MCO around 12pm on Friday. The plan is to take Magical Express from the airport to Pop Century. We would then have to take a bus from Pop Century to WWOS. I'm wondering if it would make more sense to just take a cab or something directly to WWOS so we aren't wasting so much time with transportation? We haven't done this in year's past but my husband and I do want some of the merchandise. There isn't transportation from the airport to WWOS is there?

But what will you do with your stuff while in the expo? Have magical express transport it while you take a cab? Just curious for future reference!

Our stuff would already be loaded to go to Pop Century anyway, since we don't pick it up after we get off the plane....that's our checked luggage. It's just my husband and I this time so our carry on stuff is very minimal.

Our stuff would already be loaded to go to Pop Century anyway, since we don't pick it up after we get off the plane....that's our checked luggage. It's just my husband and I this time so our carry on stuff is very minimal.

Gotcha! That's really smart...I always fret about the logistics of the fastest ways to and from the expos, especially since we usually would rather be at the parks!

I went through similar math awhile back and decided to rent a car (since I will only be there for two days) such that I can drive straight to the WWOS, and then on to Pop Century. If my plane is delayed for any reason, you and your husband are welcome to hop in the rental car with me, but my plane is currently scheduled to land MCO at 10:50am.

Careful... Luggage only transport is forbidden in theory. I've searched all over for something definitive on this. I have read that they may not load your luggage unless they see you have scanned in at DME pickup (and there are two check-in spots), and leave it at the airport. But I have also heard of people doing this and the luggage got to their rooms after all, but I don't know if that was before or after all the magic band stuff.

So, due to poor flight times, I ended up adding a night at All Star Sports before our DME leaves at probably 6 or 7am for the airport. I ordered MB's just to make sure we had them properly linked to THAT reservation and could go straight to the room at the end of the night and not deal with checking in and making sure the bands we are using at the Poly prior are properly linked to open the door.

Disney magicband center just called me. My MB phrase was forbidden. She couldn't even repeat it back to me or spell it. So I looked online. "A_Sports'16"

That _ is also an S, changed so the mods don't flag me. All. Star. Sports. First, I can never look at the resort the same way. Second, I am a little offended-ish that they thought I was someone who would curse on a MB?? And finally, really, no one could figure out what I meant?? I explained it to her and she laughed and was going to tell her supervisor and let it go but I just said forget it, change it. So long as I know it is for sports so I don't get it confused, I do not care what it says. :crazy:

So, due to poor flight times, I ended up adding a night at All Star Sports before our DME leaves at probably 6 or 7am for the airport. I ordered MB's just to make sure we had them properly linked to THAT reservation and could go straight to the room at the end of the night and not deal with checking in and making sure the bands we are using at the Poly prior are properly linked to open the door.

Disney magicband center just called me. My MB phrase was forbidden. She couldn't even repeat it back to me or spell it. So I looked online. "A_Sports'16"

That _ is also an S, changed so the mods don't flag me. All. Star. Sports. First, I can never look at the resort the same way. Second, I am a little offended-ish that they thought I was someone who would curse on a MB?? And finally, really, no one could figure out what I meant?? I explained it to her and she laughed and was going to tell her supervisor and let it go but I just said forget it, change it. So long as I know it is for sports so I don't get it confused, I do not care what it says. :crazy:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

lsknerklhjkkklksje.

My preordered bluray is floating off somewhere with UPS :(

Target.com canceled my preorder without alerting me! I called yesterday to see why I hadn't received a shipping notice and discovered this. They're sending a new one that should be here on Friday, but man... that stinks.

For the delayed flight marathon incident (i.e., was going to miss the expo) we were on a bus to AKL and told the driver our delimma. He said, you'll never make it, get off at Pop (the first stop since the bus went to multiple ones) and take a cab to WWOS. He even got off the bus and went to the taxi stand to make sure we got to the right place.

What I'm saying is as long as you get on the right bus, they don't care where you get off.....

I honestly didn't know the "luggage only" transportation wasn't allowed. Perhaps we'll just take a taxi, swing by Pop and drop off our stuff and then head over to WWOS. I've never booked a cab from the airport but it can't be that hard?

I honestly didn't know the "luggage only" transportation wasn't allowed. Perhaps we'll just take a taxi, swing by Pop and drop off our stuff and then head over to WWOS. I've never booked a cab from the airport but it can't be that hard?

It's not hard at all, but a little pricey. You might be better off using Uber.

Well, like I said... "in theory". I found some people talking about it on a board at easywdw. It seems people do it quite a bit, and the big risk is that if the airline loses your luggage, you'll be a step behind. I dunno. We might actually try it next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter