Official 2016 Star Wars Half Marthon - The Dark Side Weekend

I called Happy Limo. It's $71 to go from MCO to WWOS. It's an extra $25 to stop at Pop Century to drop off our luggage. I'll probably end up just doing that. We actually had a terrible experience with Magical Express last time.

Well, like I said... "in theory". I found some people talking about it on a board at easywdw. It seems people do it quite a bit, and the big risk is that if the airline loses your luggage, you'll be a step behind. I dunno. We might actually try it next week.
I just did this with a party of six last month. Worked like a charm! Our luggage was in our room when our room was ready.

I'm a first-time MORNING half marathon runner. I've the Wine and Dine a few times in the past, and I have generally ran in the evenings (due to my schedule). This next week I want to get my body used to the morning change up. Any suggestions on what time to have dinner the night before, and what time to be in bed by? I'm doing the Challenge, and this will also be my first Challenge ever.

Target.com canceled my preorder without alerting me! I called yesterday to see why I hadn't received a shipping notice and discovered this. They're sending a new one that should be here on Friday, but man... that stinks.
I don't have the Target one that I pre-ordered yet - bah. I did go to the store yesterday and got one - the girls were so excited to see it. The packaging was kind of a mess, it's really thin. I might need to pick up a different version.

I hope yours comes soon!

I'm starting to get really nervous about the race, and overwhelmed with trying to get ready to leave the kids and work for a few days. I just need to get on the plane and I'll calm down :) I can't believe it's almost here!

I'm a first-time MORNING half marathon runner. I've the Wine and Dine a few times in the past, and I have generally ran in the evenings (due to my schedule). This next week I want to get my body used to the morning change up. Any suggestions on what time to have dinner the night before, and what time to be in bed by? I'm doing the Challenge, and this will also be my first Challenge ever.

Supper the night before - simply put, nothing new. Fall back to an old reliable. If you usually had a chicken sandwich at lunch pre W&D night race, roll with it!

Supper the night before - simply put, nothing new. Fall back to an old reliable. If you usually had a chicken sandwich at lunch pre W&D night race, roll with it!

Thanks for the tip. I'm honestly not too worried on what to eat, it's more of what time should I eat. lol. I'm scared i'm going to eat too early/too late. Is 8-8:30pm a good time? I know we have an early wake up call, so that means going to bed earlier.

Thanks for the tip. I'm honestly not too worried on what to eat, it's more of what time should I eat. lol. I'm scared i'm going to eat too early/too late. Is 8-8:30pm a good time? I know we have an early wake up call, so that means going to bed earlier.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask. But, my personal routine is to eat around 6/7PM ... I am personally fond of any protein plus carb ... Burger, chicken and pasta, pizza ... Usually a couple of beers, especially when I know I need to relax some and you're at the start so darn early.

Bedtime is tough if you can't unplug your brain ... So I usually (attempt) to not break from routine the night before. If you usually go to bed at 10 pm, I wouldn't deviate a lot. If you're a midnight bedtime person, you may want to attempt a nap mid day, and then your normal midnight 'nap'.

Just my routine though .... Everyone is different and until you do it wrong, your way is the right way!

Brian

For the half next weekend, with a start time of 5am, I try to eat dinner by 6pm. Nothing too heavy - keep it fairly light and familiar. Then after the race eat whatever!!

On the subject of early morning runs, I bring a portable alarm clock with me and set both that and my phone alarm. I find it much easier to relax and shut down if I'm not stressed about sleeping through the alarm.

For AM Disney races, I try to eat an early dinner which is typically chicken or fish and some carbs between 3-4pm. Then around 7, I will have a light snack, a beer and a hot tub soak to help me unwind and relax. I try to be in bed at 8. I usually have to watch tv or read to try to fall asleep by 9, but realistically its closer to 10. Challenge weekends will include a late morning/early afternoon nap.:lovestruc

On the subject of early morning runs, I bring a portable alarm clock with me and set both that and my phone alarm. I find it much easier to relax and shut down if I'm not stressed about sleeping through the alarm.

I always schedule a wake-up call, too, if I'm at a Disney resort. It's always nice to hear from Mickey!

Bathroom question. Having run The Princess Half a few times - we knew there were "real bathrooms" around mile 7 at the transportation center as well as in the MK. Does anyone know if we pass "real bathrooms" during our time in Epcot or Hollywood Studios? Thanks

Well, aside from any restrooms we pass in Epcot, Studios, and Animal Kingdom... there's not a lot of areas that would have them. There might be some inconvenient ones on the Boardwalk if you were desperate.

This morning was my last SOS (Something of Substance) workout with the Hansons Half Marathon plan, so I am finally in taper mode. I'm starting to feel that I may actually be ready for my first rD event and the Dark Side Challenge. For whatever reason, it didn't really seem near until after this morning's workout.

Anyone know if there are bag restrictions going into the expo? I am considering just taking a cab/uber straight to the expo when I land Thursday, and will have my duffel bag(luggage) with me. If it is just an issue of being heavy, I might just wear it like a backpack into the expo, but if it is going to be a security issue maybe I will take ME & just be even later.

Anyone know if there are bag restrictions going into the expo? I am considering just taking a cab/uber straight to the expo when I land Thursday, and will have my duffel bag(luggage) with me. If it is just an issue of being heavy, I might just wear it like a backpack into the expo, but if it is going to be a security issue maybe I will take ME & just be even later.

Again referencing the delayed marathon plane event - no restrictions. We had to take all our luggage (as I had lost the ME tags and didnt trust them to pick up without the tags). Picture two people dragging their luggage around the whole expo, yep, that was us.

Again referencing the delayed marathon plane event - no restrictions. We had to take all our luggage (as I had lost the ME tags and didnt trust them to pick up without the tags). Picture two people dragging their luggage around the whole expo, yep, that was us.

Haha and now possibly me too--wonder if I should bring a roller bag instead!

This is exactly why I splurged and went for the rental car. We're making this such a short trip already, it lets us leave a bit later on Sunday, and go straight to the Expo on Friday.

Target.com canceled my preorder without alerting me! I called yesterday to see why I hadn't received a shipping notice and discovered this. They're sending a new one that should be here on Friday, but man... that stinks.

I don't have the Target one that I pre-ordered yet - bah. I did go to the store yesterday and got one - the girls were so excited to see it. The packaging was kind of a mess, it's really thin. I might need to pick up a different version.

I also haven't received mine yet. It had been sitting 3 hours from me in a facility for 2-3 days so last night I gave up and bought a copy while I was at Target running errands. This morning, I received an email update that it will be delivered in a couple of hours. This is why people go to the dark side :darth:

I called Happy Limo. It's $71 to go from MCO to WWOS. It's an extra $25 to stop at Pop Century to drop off our luggage. I'll probably end up just doing that. We actually had a terrible experience with Magical Express last time.

I used to have great luck with DME. Now lately, I swear I am always the first person in line having just missed my bus. Side note - I think it usually goes Coronado Springs - AKL? Or are All stars first?

THANKS, now I'm going to be incredibly disappointed if this doesn't happen.

If disney doesn't make an Epcot death star...I might just build my own now. You know, show of force.

Then around 7, I will have a light snack, a beer and a hot tub soak to help me unwind and relax.

For some reason, it never occured to me to have a beer before bed. I usually try not to drink the day before the race if it is an early morning. But hey, it has carbs right??

Haha and now possibly me too--wonder if I should bring a roller bag instead!

This will probably be easier actually - and my brother can help us watch it while we are in line!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter