• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

it doesnt work because we havent received bibs yet...so theres nothing to track...

The issue in the original post wasn't that tracking information wasn't coming up, it was that the site appeared to state that the race had been cancelled.

Fortunately, the tracking site seems to have removed the cancellation verbiage.

How soon do we think we'll see the course?

I'm assuming the courses will be the same as last year. At that point last year Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge construction was already going on so the previous years courses had been altered to take that into account, and I don't believe there are any new construction projects that will get in the way. Although we probably won't get official word from Disney until we see the course maps in the online event guide, which I think usually comes out two weeks prior to the event.

Here is a video I took from last years 10K course. it took me like 58 minutes to finish the race, and I cut down the video to 20ish minutes. So it gives you the highlights of the 10K course, and for those who are preparing for their first runDisney race it might give you an idea of what fun is coming your way!

https://www.usatf.org/events/courses/maps/showMap.asp?courseID=CA17050RS

Saw that posted on the facebook groups. Half marathon course. Never seen one in that format before.

That looks very similar to the one that was run last year based on my memory. The major differences I see on first glance is that the course seems to stay to the "inside" of the Honda Center instead of going around it and looks like it avoids the river/canal pathway prior to Angels Stadium that provided a potential bottleneck. That river/canal bed looks like it might currently be populated by a homeless tent city if the videos I've seen on FB are correct. Also, the entrance and exit to Angels Stadium seem to be through different gates, although the vagaries of the map format make that hard to confirm. I'm sure sharper eyes than mine can spot other differences.

I am SO happy we can avoid the dirt trail this year. It was strange enough having security out last year for us.

I'm a happy surprised that the trail is out. That's been part of the race for at least as long as I've done it. It will not be missed.

Also it looks like we don't go back into the DCA backside? Am I reading that right?

For some reason the Angels stadium section reminds me of the Angels 5K I ran before where you did the stadium, then by/through the big A, and then the outside of the parking lot.

I'm excited to run the bases in reverse. Excellent course upgrade this year - excited to see if I can snag that PR! :)

I was chatting with a friend about the course changes. Apparently there's construction on the trail so that's why they took us off of it since they apparently kicked the camp out for the construction. Or at least that's according to her what's going on with that.

Need some advice on getting from SNA to my hotel on Harbor. Used the shuttle service last year, but it seemed quite overpriced and slow with all the people being packed into the van and being one of the last stops. I was thinking that Uber or Lyft might be a better, cheaper and quicker option, but I have never used either service before. Does anyone have any feedback/advice on what the best option might be and what I would need to do to go about setting it up? Thanks!

Need some advice on getting from SNA to my hotel on Harbor. Used the shuttle service last year, but it seemed quite overpriced and slow with all the people being packed into the van and being one of the last stops. I was thinking that Uber or Lyft might be a better, cheaper and quicker option, but I have never used either service before. Does anyone have any feedback/advice on what the best option might be and what I would need to do to go about setting it up? Thanks!
I used SuperShuttle from SNA and liked it - I'd go with them or Uber (haven't used Lyft yet).

I used SuperShuttle from SNA and liked it - I'd go with them or Uber (haven't used Lyft yet).

It was SuperShuttle that I used last year. It was $70+ dollars round trip as part of the Disney package and we were crammed like sardines into the van. I was the last drop off of 4-5 hotels and was the first pick up of 4-5 hotels on the way out. Maybe it was just bad luck, but it did not seem like a good value for the time that I spent on the shuttle.

I always fly to sna and we always use uber to get to our hotel. you just download the app and schedule a pickup =). we have never had any issuses!

It was SuperShuttle that I used last year. It was $70+ dollars round trip as part of the Disney package and we were crammed like sardines into the van. I was the last drop off of 4-5 hotels and was the first pick up of 4-5 hotels on the way out. Maybe it was just bad luck, but it did not seem like a good value for the time that I spent on the shuttle.

We had a similar incident with SuperShuttle when we were trying to get home once in Denver. Last stop and driver hated having to so far out (which we weren't exactly but our zip code causes all sorts of fun things with drivers).

Used Uber for the first time at Peachtree when I left my MARTA pass at the hotel (whoops). I would use them again, probably over a traditional taxi.

Not sure why it double posted...

Last edited:
wow, really? For me it was $35ish RT and we made 2-3 stops. It was the shared van option. I booked it myself, not as part of the package. :confused3

I used Uber last year for DLH and would highly recommend them. I was picked up right outside of baggage claim and was at the hotel in 32 mins. Looking back at my account it cost me $19.93 and I tipped the driver because he helped me with my bags. I have also used Lyft, the service with them was great too but I haven't used them in Cali. If you do go with either Lyft or Uber look for promo codes for your first ride, they can be as much as $20 off. You could use one for your arrival and the other one for your departure and get free (or almost free) transfers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter