******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
How fast do these rooms typically go? Is this a case of you better be on right when it releases (or within a few hours), or do you have a couple of days to usually book what you want with plenty of availability? I'm assuming it's better to check back frequently, but I guess I'm asking whether I need to be on at 4am every day looking for it (we're Disney Visa holders FWIW).

They go fast. I booked mine online last year at about 4am as soon as it went online. If you miss out, they do seem to release new waves of rooms, within a week or two of the promotion release, but they also go fast. Last year I think release date for FD was April 26th.

I hope we are able to book this year. Our big trip is non Disney and bratty me wants to go to Disney too. I want to go during food and wine or near Christmas.

Joining in on the wait! We have had free dining every trip so far from 2006 on. We are currently booked at POP 8/26/17-9/5/17! First time going that week. Normally we arrive the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. We will upgrade to the regular dining plan if free dining is available.

My advice is just from what I've seen on here; we've never taken advantage of free dining as the military discount is almost always a better discount.

So, you don't have to be on every day at 4 am, but you should be watching here. There will be some good intell of when it is about to happen. That is when you will want to be up and on at 4 am. I would have my choices made with back up plans in place as well. Last year there were free dining rooms available for quite some time, but your choices of where to stay do get fewer and fewer with each passing day. If you don't care where you stay, then you don't have to keep such a diligent eye.

Great info. Any idea what resorts were lingering on? We love Pop, but would be willing to move to another value. Not really able to move to moderate or above this go round...

I'm booked for 12/9-12/16. I'm hoping, based on last year's dates, that we're looking good for the free dining but you never know! We got lucky last year - checked in the Sunday after Thanksgiving, right in the middle of a three day window for free dining. The only part of free dining i don't look forward to is the inevitable leftover snack credits the last day. We end up running around using them up on snacks for the car ride home![/QUO

We're going the same days. What time did they announce the Free Dining for you last year?

Haven't booked yet. Holding out hope for free dining for our Sept/Oct dates.:)

Haven't booked yet. Holding out hope for free dining for our Sept/Oct dates.:)

If you're going to go anyway, even if you can't get free dining, you might as well book now. If you can convert it to free dining, GREAT (won't hurt, or help, chance of getting free dining at all). If you can't get free dining, you'll at least have better room choice for your dates.

We've never done the DP before, but thinking about trying for FD this year. Question--we're checking into CSR on 9/29. Last year FD blackout dates started 10/2, if they stick close to that this year, and we check in while FD is still going on, with check out 10/6, would we get FD for our entire stay? I understand I'll have to change my room only to a package, just curious about the length

Joining in for the wait popcorn::we are going Sept 23-Oct 7. Crossing our fingers for POR. It wasn't included in 2014 when we went. Here was my experience last time. If you definitely are locked into a date or hotel preference you definitely want to be online bright and early when it drops and be prepared to call in also. There were reports of people being on hold for 7-8 hours. The second thing I do is make a spreadsheet that has every hotel we consider staying at so that if my first choice isn't available i know where to go quickly.

Joining in the watch. We're flexible on dates but were hoping for mid-november, late-november (after Thanskgiving week) or early december.

We've never done the DP before, but thinking about trying for FD this year. Question--we're checking into CSR on 9/29. Last year FD blackout dates started 10/2, if they stick close to that this year, and we check in while FD is still going on, with check out 10/6, would we get FD for our entire stay? I understand I'll have to change my room only to a package, just curious about the length
FD has to be offered the day you check in. You could always book a room only reservation for a few nights and then switch to a FD package once the promotion is offered. You can access your tickets early for your room only reservation, but you cannot access FD early.

As long as 9/29 is within the FD promotion, you're good until the end of your stay no matter when the promotion date ends.

Joining in the watch:surfweb: it was so much fun last year! I do hope Disney will add dates for November. Now, if only those FD rumours would come out earlier this year:goodvibes

Joining the wait! Looking for Late November early December dates! We have planned our trips around free dining the last few years and love it!! Hopefully it works out this year too!

Anyone know how the FD dates have historically stacked up against the Bounce Back FD dates?

My question is if I already have a reservation booked with no dining how will I go about getting the free dining added on and could I do it online?

My question is if I already have a reservation booked with no dining how will I go about getting the free dining added on and could I do it online?

Maybe...technically you're supposed to be able to and Disney has said the technology is there...you would "modify" your existing reservation. Having said that, in years past there have been many times that the "modify" option wouldn't work and I had to call, so be prepared to call just in case.

If you can modify it, you would login under your MDE account, go to your reservation and there would be a modify button.

Anyone know how the FD dates have historically stacked up against the Bounce Back FD dates?

I think they are pretty close. The bounce back does have more dates though. We went in September of 2015 and booked a FD bounce back for June 2016. They had the bounce back for a week at the end of May beginning of June and fall. I think the fall dates were pretty close.

Maybe...technically you're supposed to be able to and Disney has said the technology is there...you would "modify" your existing reservation. Having said that, in years past there have been many times that the "modify" option wouldn't work and I had to call, so be prepared to call just in case.

If you can modify it, you would login under your MDE account, go to your reservation and there would be a modify button.

Thanks!!

Just joined to hop in this thread. Looking at August 26- September 3rd. Thinking Port Orleans FQ or Caribbean Beach (just hoping for a preferred room). Never have actually used the free dining offer. I'm a Disney Visa cardholder so I'm assuming there's going to be a early release date for us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter