******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird though all preferred and even suites in all values and moderates. Almost makes me feel like something is being glitchy. So much available last night at this time. I can't believe everyone took their Easter Sunday to book it up.

I'm thinking something glitchy too- I played with several dates late this afternoon with plenty of availability and now literally every value is booked. No way that's accurate

Yeah it is def acting up tonight. I am testing out 2 different sets of dates and one set has no availability for ANY hotel and keeps saying "this resort is not eligible for this special offer" Let's hope the special offer is FD!

I think what you'll see is exactly what we are seeing since Black made the announcement. Folks are already figuring out how to do their trip with more limited offers. I don't think people will give up going, they'll just figure out a way to go, whether it's cutting their trip short, only eating QS or staying off site. When you're in love, you make sacrifices but don't give up the relationship. Just my thoughts.
I am trying to figure out what is the best deal for my family, I am going no matter what if I can. Would a few things falling into place, help? Sure but I am getting a good deal without FD I just would feel better with a tiny cushion in case we need more while we are there. I can admit I have looked to off site places. We are hoping there is no reason to need to go off site.

Reposting this to help people who will need to change reservations:
I loved this, however it said it was held for 10 mins?

MY TA said she will be up and ready at 4 that day for her clients.
I am not sure if my TA is, maybe I should ask her?

Sitting here doing the same thing...was doing scenarios for different dates and costs with and without free dining and all availability just vanished. Even checked in July and August. Something is definitely up with the site. The chat window is gone too, but those folks may have just gone home.

I'm thinking something glitchy too- I played with several dates late this afternoon with plenty of availability and now literally every value is booked. No way that's accurate

I just did searches that are definelty not FD time. Early nov and oct and values all gone. Glitch. Panic over. (Talking to myself.) I really don't want to have depend on that change button!!!

I just did searches that are definelty not FD time. Early nov and oct and values all gone. Glitch. Panic over. (Talking to myself.) I really don't want to have depend on that change button!!!
Sorry didn't mean to set panic I should have known I wasn't only one playing with dates lol

What is the best number to call for the free dining and what time can u call at (Chicago time) I read people talking about 3 or 4 am is that online ?
I have reservations already just wondering what the best way to approach is . Last year I was on hold for 3 hours and my boss almost flipped !!

Sorry didn't mean to set panic I should have known I wasn't only one playing with dates lol

No no. I blantatly said I was freaking out. Lol. Every night I check and I just want to be able to make a new reservation and cancel my old one next Sunday/Monday Then there was nothing!!! We pretty much have this paid for if I get FD and I'm ready to move on. Lol.

So does anyone think that the start date of Aug. 13th is for GP or is it for Disney Visa and Canadians?

Going from previous years, it would appear to be for Disney Visa and Canadians.

Now I wonder if maybe it's blocks of rooms being sectioned off in anticipation of FD next week??

I really hope so... I checked earlier this afternoon, maybe a few hours ago and there was tons of availability in values and mods (including all room types at pop) for my dates in mid-september... Now I'm only seeing availability for some villas and deluxes...

Options

So far for my family, there are two real options and one dream.

We can do pop (preferred or standard) with FD and upgrading.

or we can try for music family suite This one my hubs is really leaning towards. I really though the extra 800 could be used for other things.

Option three is Po RR only if the DDP is included. (if the rumor be true of qs dining then I will have to give up on my dream lol

Help Please.... I booked a reservations for 2 rooms at POP with Park Hoppers and Regular dining, not QS, a month ago. One room for our son and his family and one room for my husband and myself. I made these thru Disney. The cast member said she had to give me 2 reservation numbers as it is for 2 rooms and I could go thru MDE and link them together. I did this and their room I am able to view and make dinner reservations. Here are my questions as I do not know how to handle this:

1) When/if free dining comes out can I go online and do something? If so what do I need to do as I already have and as of now paying for regular dining upgrade and would want to only pay the upgrade difference not all of it as I should get QS free. ( I know I am only saying if I am a lucky one and do get this offer opportunity)

2) Will I be able to do my son's reservation as well since I have a change/cancel button on each? I have not tried these as I do not want to mess anything up.
Help Please.... I booked a reservations for 2 rooms at POP with Park Hoppers and Regular dining, not QS, a month ago. One room for our son and his family and one room for my husband and myself. I made these thru Disney. The cast member said she had to give me 2 reservation numbers as it is for 2 rooms and I could go thru MDE and link them together. I did this and their room I am able to view and make dinner reservations. Here are my questions as I do not know how to handle this:

1) When/if free dining comes out can I go online and do something? If so what do I need to do as I already have and as of now paying for regular dining upgrade and would want to only pay the upgrade difference not all of it as I should get QS free. ( I know I am only saying if I am a lucky one and do get this offer opportunity)

2) Will I be able to do my son's reservation as well since I have a change/cancel button on each? I have not tried these as I do not want to mess anything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter