******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally just finished an online chat about this... because you are modifying an existing reservation and not cancelling or creating a new reservation, GC are kept. GC are not considered a promotiin

Oooohhhh! How exciting for you! Screenshot that chat, too. I hope FD happens for you.

im debating if we should stay at cbr also with just QS DP.The gift cards are nice but I dont want to be in construction zone.Why are you having doubts may I ask?we stayed at POR last year very nice but wanted something new.
We are staying at CBR. We are only in the room from latest park closing to earliest park opening. There won't be any construction during that time. Just hoping for DDP now!!!

I am lost, sorry. I scrolled through the past 20 or so pages but didn't see any specific groups of dates rumored for FD other than the Google reference of August 21 through December 23. Has a breakdown of the dates and resorts included been speculated yet? Our family has 2 possible weeks we can go so I am wondering if there is any hope that FD will be offered during one of the weeks. Also, I did see it mentioned a few times that Mods may have only QS but didn't see anything mentioned for the Values. Is it looking like the Values will not have FD at all? TIA :)

We've stayed in values, mods and deluxe resorts and Pop is one of my favourite resorts. We love the vibe there! :goodvibes
My family and I love Pop. We stayed at Contemporary and Poly two years ago and decided we prefer Pop. For the amount of time you spend at the resort, it just isn't worth the price difference. Pop has a great vibe, a good food court and a devoted bus. Need I say more?

What time do you think you will be able to modify your existing reservations on Monday, if the rumors are true?

Once the offer drops, which as previous discussion on this thread indicates, in past years has been around 4 am ET +/- a couple hours.

The phones I believe open at 7 am.

SW

We have a Pop room and regular dining and base ticket package booked..should I change the base ticket to park hopper before free dining becomes available so the tickets don't have to be changed too? I assume if we don't get free dining, we can always change back to base tickets.

I think you can just sign up for PH tickets then. But if there is no harm in signing up for the PH I would do it in advance. I don't trust the Disney site when I know it will be going crazy that morning! I don't want to get Stitch during the ticket change and lose the FD I managed to get.

But, if you already got tickets before the ticket increase, they may be at a lower price. If you add PH and then end up not getting FD, you wouldn't be able to go back to the lower price. I don't know what the exact increase was, especially for multi-day passes.

Ok, i have a reservation at POR... If the rumors are true and it is NOT included, under the "change" button can I also change resorts to a hotel that IS included? Or, would I need to make a new reservation that day?

Yes, there was a change button for the resort. It popped up a page with the hotels that have availability. I think you would pick the one you were interested in, then see which rooms were available. So it would have let me change my resort, or room type, or tickets or add extras like dining plan. Just couldn't change the dates.

I am lost, sorry. I scrolled through the past 20 or so pages but didn't see any specific groups of dates rumored for FD other than the Google reference of August 21 through December 23. Has a breakdown of the dates and resorts included been speculated yet? Our family has 2 possible weeks we can go so I am wondering if there is any hope that FD will be offered during one of the weeks. Also, I did see it mentioned a few times that Mods may have only QS but didn't see anything mentioned for the Values. Is it looking like the Values will not have FD at all? TIA :)

See most recent info:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...wait-and-dream.3576059/page-381#post-57436691

Interesting how no hint of which dp will be offered.Like others said befire maybe Disney is testing the reaction before deciding.I really hope they see how disappointed we are if only QS is offered at Mods and how many are considering off site, etc.Especially with so many mods under construction and limited TS restaurants at some resorts like CBR

Thank you thank you !I wish they had listed type of dining plan oh well!Do u think it might update later?

Right? :) This information in the search engine listing isn't likely to change. First, search engines only allow a certain number of characters for the title and summary. So they didn't have enough room there for any details. And, once you've set Meta data for a page/site, you can change it the changes wouldn't be instantly reflected in the search engine listing. The change wouldn't happen until the next time the individual search engine crawled the site for changes. So it's important to get it right from the get-go if at all possible.

Isn't the cupcake just a cupcake with frosting? What is all the hype about the gray stuff?

No hype from me. Someone asked where the picture was from and because of the tiny cupcake I could tell it was BOG. I do not like their cupcakes at all and the gray stuff just taste like oreo whip cream.

It just needs to be in a different name if it's for the same dates as far as I understand.

I wish we could get confirmation on this. Some people are saying same name is fine some aren't. I will be booking same dates, so would love to know.

No hype from me. Someone asked where the picture was from and because of the tiny cupcake I could tell it was BOG. I do not like their cupcakes at all and the gray stuff just taste like oreo whip cream.

Completely agree. The icing on the cupcakes is way too sweet. And the gray stuff is nothing special...

Here's updated info.

Looks like free dining could be dropping on April 24. Minimum of 4 nights, maximum of 14, with park hopper and park hopper plus add on. Check in dates: 8/13-9/30, 11/14-11/20, 11/25-11/27, 12/3-12/23. It also appears that values AND moderates may get quick service, with regular dining only for deluxe resorts (I hope that is wrong).

As always, information is fluid and more detail will hopefully come.
Hi black,
Did you hear whether the minimum on the tickets have changed. Is it still the minimum of two days with the park hopper or park hopper plus?

I wish we could get confirmation on this. Some people are saying same name is fine some aren't. I will be booking same dates, so would love to know.

In the past I have had overlapping reservations in the same name, same travelers, for a few weeks while we sorted out which option we were going to go with. We then canceled the one we no longer needed.

Not sure if this helps though as I have no idea what Disney's official policy is.

SW

Page 380.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter