******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are guaranteed connecting rooms when it's just two adults and three or more children (between ages 3-17). This type of reservation can only be booked by phone since it will be booked as two rooms under one reservation number.

I stand corrected, thanks for pointing that out!

:woohoo::offtopic: So I was randomly checking my Southwest flights this morning and the price had dropped on one leg of the trip! I bought them on the release day and thought I had the lowest price possible...they've gone up over $100 since then. I got back almost $300 dollars today for future flight funds ( there are 9 of us going) so I'm doing the happy dance. They're back up to my original price tonight. Now I have one more website to check constantly along with this one "just in case" something happens. But I take this as a good sign--it's all coming together... I WILL GET FD, I WILL GET FD.

Depending on when you are going, if your thinking PoP. Don't forget the room upgrade might include a queen bed.

Thanks! We are going in September, so they may have a good block of them available. We've never stayed at Pop so we watched some YouTube tours last night. It looks fun! :)

Thanks! We are going in September, so they may have a good block of them available. We've never stayed at Pop so we watched some YouTube tours last night. It looks fun! :)
I checked online and for pop rooms it only shows double and king beds are there some unlisted that are queen? One of the readings that we wanted a moderate was bc we did not want double beds

I checked online and for pop rooms it only shows double and king beds are there some unlisted that are queen? One of the readings that we wanted a moderate was bc we did not want double beds

From what I've read they are remodeling rooms. The new rooms will include a queen bed and full Murphy bed. Someone on the Pop thread said they will put the new rooms in inventory in June.

I love Garden Grill! I think it's the most under-rated character meal at DW. Also, with all the talk of food poisoning, not to be argumentative, but food poisoning (especially at a place like WDW) is rare, stomach bugs are not. Typically if it is food poisoning, multiple people are affected, not just one family,especially at DW where many people are eating at the same place. It's possible for some family members to get sick and others not due to immunity some may have from having had the bug in their past. Also, the symptoms of stomach viruses such as the norovirus are pretty much the same as food poisoning. I'm a Nurse Practitioner at busy practice (though currently a stay at home mom) so I know what I'm talking about. Just my 2 cents. There's also what many refer to as "disney diarrhea" which can also include vomiting, which comes from viruses due to the close proximity of soooo many people.

You are entitled to your opinions, but I know what we dealt with. Also, we would not have known if others were affected because Disney is certainly not going to advertise that one of their restaurants gave their patrons food poisoning. I worked in the food industry and know that poor food preparation can certainly cause food poisoning. All of that being said...It would not stop me from going back to Disney, only to those restaurants.

:woohoo::offtopic: So I was randomly checking my Southwest flights this morning and the price had dropped on one leg of the trip! I bought them on the release day and thought I had the lowest price possible...they've gone up over $100 since then. I got back almost $300 dollars today for future flight funds ( there are 9 of us going) so I'm doing the happy dance. They're back up to my original price tonight. Now I have one more website to check constantly along with this one "just in case" something happens. But I take this as a good sign--it's all coming together... I WILL GET FD, I WILL GET FD.

Wow, nice!! Southwest hasn't even released flights for our dates yet. It's kinda driving me nuts...

I have read thru and I may have missed it but is the rumor still that POR will most likely be excluded? We are going 9/16 for a week. We go every year and stay at POR (for the past 14 years). Usually, we have booked free dining on the BB but last year it was only offered thru 9/9 and it did not work for us. We are going no matter what but if free dining is offered and POR is excluded it makes sense for us to go Deluxe. I have 3 growing boys who would can and will eat! I am a little nervous about switching hotels however because one of my sons has autism and the routine of the same hotel helps him. So many decisions to make. Fingers crossed POR is not excluded.

My oldest barfed in the middle of the night after eating Garden Grill dinner... And then about 3 buckets of popcorn, a Japanese snowcone, and a mickey bar...

guess I can't really point the blame at GG huh? #noregrets

oh poor kiddo, lol, not funny but I understand the temptation to overindulge on their yummy snacks!! :)

Meanwhile prices for the flights i'd be taking if I go went up $25 on the way down and $30 on the way back between yesterday and today.
I sure hope they go back down if we decide to go.

I have read thru and I may have missed it but is the rumor still that POR will most likely be excluded? We are going 9/16 for a week. We go every year and stay at POR (for the past 14 years). Usually, we have booked free dining on the BB but last year it was only offered thru 9/9 and it did not work for us. We are going no matter what but if free dining is offered and POR is excluded it makes sense for us to go Deluxe. I have 3 growing boys who would can and will eat! I am a little nervous about switching hotels however because one of my sons has autism and the routine of the same hotel helps him. So many decisions to make. Fingers crossed POR is not excluded.

I stayed at POR last year with FD Labor Day weekend. I believe it was excluded for stays starting in October through December.
Rumor seems to have it that it will be excluded after September this year as well.

Meanwhile prices for the flights i'd be taking if I go went up $25 on the way down and $30 on the way back between yesterday and today.
I sure hope they go back down if we decide to go.

Have you thought about setting up a price alert through a third-party flight search? Also, how do you search for flights? Do you go directly to the airline's website or use a third-party? If you go directly to an airline's website they will track your searches and the prices tend to go higher. If you're going to visit an airline's website do it "In Private Mode," so your cookies aren't logged.

Just wanted to say HI.. Been stalking this thread for a week or so.. We are currently booked at CBR Nov.12-26.. Hoping FD works out for us.. split stay or take first 2 days off.. We have 3 rooms booked. My husband, me and our 4 kids (DS12,DD turning 8 while there,DS6 and DS4) in 2 rooms hopefully adjoining.. my mom,her bf and my brother in another room. We are so excited. I can't wait for the dining to just drop already so we can get to the fun parts of planning like booking our reservations. We love doing character dining. planning on celebrating DD birthday in the castle. SOOOO EXCITED

Just so you and others know you want to put connecting on your reservation. Connecting means there will be an inside door between the two rooms. Adjoining does not mean that there is a door on the inside connecting, it can just be next to or near the other room.

Lesley Wake said:
So, new game-what is the best Character Meet you have had?

It was actually at the Contemporary many years ago during a character breakfast. My DD who was 6 at the time dropped her plate at the buffet station. She was so embarrassed she started to cry, I felt so bad for her. A wonderful CM saw this and grabbed Donald by the hand and dragged him over and scolded him in front of her playing a prank and greasing the dishes so that the guests would drop them! The Donald character was so good, he/she hung his head, wrung his hands and "looked" like he was sorry and gave her a big hug. She ended up walking away laughing through her tears. I'll never forget that!
This was over 20 years ago when my oldest was about 2. Back when the characters used to just show up here and there, and people would crowd around and form a line. It was SUPER low crowds at DL and Pocahontas came walking in to the store where we were shopping in Frontierland. My DD walked up to her with a book she'd found on the shelf. Pocahontas sat down and pull DD up on her lap and read the book to her. Then she gave her a little flit doll from a near by barrel. DD just thought Pocahontas was her friend, DH and I knew how amazing that encounter was, even for way back then. Times sure have changed.

Have you thought about setting up a price alert through a third-party flight search? Also, how do you search for flights? Do you go directly to the airline's website or use a third-party? If you go directly to an airline's website they will track your searches and the prices tend to go higher. If you're going to visit an airline's website do it "In Private Mode," so your cookies aren't logged.

The only option for Southwest is their website or by phone.

That would be awesome!!!!! I was chatting with a CM today as well, just trying to see if anyone is willing to give me any tiny bit of information. All he would say is, "Keep checking the specials page." But, after I asked for the 3rd time, he said, "keep checking the specials page, shortly." Again, might mean nothing, but I really hope this drops soon. It is testing my patience. lol :)
Will the Disney Visa promotion show up in the Disney page?

Y'all are freaking out this germophobe with all your talk about viruses and food poisoning. I do not cope well with throw up.....

That being said, my DD's chicken drumstick looked a little off to me at GG on our first night at Disney- sure enough she was throwing up that night. So, maybe GG again, but we will try breakfast

curious for those that think they had food poisoning, what the suspected food culprit was... my family can avoid chicken for a few days!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter