******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody posted in another group that the past 3/4 years that Free Dining went live on a Monday (to general US public / not Canada or including Visa).

So maybe April 10, 17, 24th?

Anyone want to start a calendar pool like you do when a baby is due haha

I just looked at the calendar. I vote for April 17th, even though I'm hoping for sooner. I like to lower my expectations and then be excited!

Somebody posted in another group that the past 3/4 years that Free Dining went live on a Monday (to general US public / not Canada or including Visa).

It went live to everyone at once. Canada, US public and Visa.:)

Genuinely curious - why are we ruling out April 3? Don't the current offers expire March 30?

Any rumor of what time frame the offer will cover? What I'm hearing is really, really slim. Pretty much follows the BB offer. Some of August, first week or so of September, none of October, hardly any November, and a little December. Anybody hearing anything else?
I think everything up till now is just that, a rumor.

I would think, if they are adding the end of may beginning of June days that this would start a little earlier.

Sometimes TA starts seeing "anomalities" in their reservation system. In that past, it had helped guestimate FD dates... Any TA here can corroborate?

I spent last year lurking on the free dining thread & even though the wait & speculation likely took a few years off my life (lol) the group was amazing & the tips from the experts were super helpful. I'm back for the madness this year! My dates are October 22- Nov 2 so even though I would love free dining I'm just hoping for a room only discount. Good luck to everyone!

I have a BB offer booked with FD in September. If/when FD comes out I want to play with the numbers as there is a CDN ticket deal out right now (until May) that would save me $ IF I was allowed to combine offers. Waiting to find out if I can.

I have a BB offer booked with FD in September. If/when FD comes out I want to play with the numbers as there is a CDN ticket deal out right now (until May) that would save me $ IF I was allowed to combine offers. Waiting to find out if I can.

You buy the Canadian tickets separately. You will not be able to combine the offers. And be aware, if you give up your bb offer, to book through the new FD offer, you'll be paying more for your resort and tickets since prices have gone up since last fall.

You buy the Canadian tickets separately. You will not be able to combine the offers. And be aware, if you give up your bb offer, to book through the new FD offer, you'll be paying more for your resort and tickets since prices have gone up since last fall.

Thanks @Disneylover99. You could be right but I'm not positive about that. I book a lot of trips for family and friends and I have already booked 3 different trips (one family leaves tomorrow!) with a room discount and CDN ticket discount applied too.

I'm guessing I won't be able to combine them but I'm not giving up hope until I run the numbers if/when the FD offer comes out. The CDN ticket deal is quite substantial (35% off tickets 4 days and greater and we purchase 8 day tickets) so even if the tickets and rooms have gone up in price, I may still save.

Just waiting to play with everything then decide what is best. Regardless, if it works out I'll book the second reservation and then cancel the first one just to be on the safe side.

Thanks @Disneylover99. You could be right but I'm not positive about that. I book a lot of trips for family and friends and I have already booked 3 different trips (one family leaves tomorrow!) with a room discount and CDN ticket discount applied too.

I'm guessing I won't be able to combine them but I'm not giving up hope until I run the numbers if/when the FD offer comes out. The CDN ticket deal is quite substantial (35% off tickets 4 days and greater and we purchase 8 day tickets) so even if the tickets and rooms have gone up in price, I may still save.

Just waiting to play with everything then decide what is best. Regardless, if it works out I'll book the second reservation and then cancel the first one just to be on the safe side.

It is different with FD. You have to buy the package (room and tickets). You might be able to buy the minimum amount of tickets and then buy they rest of your tickets at the discounted rate. I am not sure though.

It is different with FD. You have to buy the package (room and tickets). You might be able to buy the minimum amount of tickets and then buy they rest of your tickets at the discounted rate. I am not sure though.

Yes, you're quite correct that I have to buy the pkg for Free dining BUT, when I booked the room discount package for my friends the discounted ticket price automatically populated the screen when I was booking the package. I booked all components together as a package - discounted room, tickets at the CSN rate + dining.

Yes, you're quite correct that I have to buy the pkg for Free dining BUT, when I booked the room discount package for my friends the discounted ticket price automatically populated the screen when I was booking the package. I booked all components together as a package - discounted room, tickets at the CSN rate + dining.

That would be awesome if you can.

Typically there are no stacking of discounts with FD. But hey, you never know. :goodvibes

It's fun to have hope! :)

I will admit to being shocked the first time the system started stacking room only and CDN ticket discounts as I didn't know this would be possible either!!

It's fun to have hope! :)

I will admit to being shocked the first time the system started stacking room only and CDN ticket discounts as I didn't know this would be possible either!!

So then that's very different than stacking free dining. You got a room only discount and then a ticket discount--two things that I assume could have been bought separately and each qualified for its own discount.

The only way to get free dining is to book everything--room, tickets, dining--together in one package. So then none of those three things is eligible for an additional discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter