******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there are a lot of things that we won't know until FD actual drops I want to get some things clear. Can someone who's been through this before answer a couple of questions?

I have my choices of resorts in order of preference, so do I just start out booking my first choice, go to check out, wait through the queue and see if it's actually available, then move on to my next choice if not? Or will I know what's available before that?

When I click on the deal will it show me resorts and then rooms available with the deal and prices and I can just click on what I want?

I'm not sure what happens if you're modifying, but if you're booking a new reservation, it should work the same way all special offers do. My advice is to go to the website tonight, click on special offers, choose one and see how that one works. FD should be the same.

I am still so conflicted. We are going with 5 adults 3 kids 2 standard rooms at CSR for the second week in November. From what I can figure, it will cost about 1200-1500 more to add free TS DDP for 4 nights of our trip. We don't need the 4th day or the PH option tho they won't go to waste if I have to get them. I estimate my TS costs to be something shy of $800 (3 meals) and we will be eating off site at least 2 maybe 3 days. My gut tells me get a RO discount & only the tickets I need & the savings will feed us. What do you all think?

Exactly....people who are mean, just need to leave the thread and leave it for the true good Disney fans.

If I remember right Black left for awhile a couple of years ago because people got mad he might have been a day off or so and ripped him and accused him of working for Disney ....etc. all of them are trying to help. Nothing is set in stone.

I don't think anyone has been mean?? Unless I missed something. I read the OP comment as jest because of the running joke that they're all the same person. Even Disney Ron was playing along.

I am still so conflicted. We are going with 5 adults 3 kids 2 standard rooms at CSR for the second week in November. From what I can figure, it will cost about 1200-1500 more to add free TS DDP for 4 nights of our trip. We don't need the 4th day or the PH option tho they won't go to waste if I have to get them. I estimate my TS costs to be something shy of $800 (3 meals) and we will be eating off site at least 2 maybe 3 days. My gut tells me get a RO discount & only the tickets I need & the savings will feed us. What do you all think?
I think you take the room discount. FD was an amazing deal when hooked on to moderates. Now, not so much if only QS. We have learned how to still go to TS restaurants, split some things, get waters, and still have a great experience (while saving a few dollars).

I have a current reservation for September (Tickets+Hotel+Regular DDP+Memory Maker attached to that reservation).

What happens with the Memory Maker when you cancel such reservation?

If I need to book a new reservation can I still keep the Memory Maker somehow?

Ok my OT comment, visited DD last month & got my first look at Disney Springs. Can I say YUCK?!?!? IMO they took everything I love about DTD and squished it into a corner then shoved an outlet mall in the middle. They did a beautiful job on the mall but ITS AN OUTLET MALL not my lovely relaxing DTD. Except for a quick trip to EOS not sure I need to go there anymore ☹️
Your post has made me feel a little better. I have been a little bit sad that I can't seem to find time in our schedule to get to Disney Springs. If it's just an Outlet Mall, I don't have to feel bad about missing it. I have enjoyed it on past trips. :(

I would go with the RO. I think it would be the best option in your case.

I would consider booking a two bedroom villa at SSR. You will get the DDP with it and the price difference will be less than upgrading the dining.

So do we think the dates are a definite? I'm checking in 11/7 and cannot change my dates.

Should I hope for a room to come out later in the year??
unlikely the rumored dates will change this late. Last year we were locked in for November 12-19, I watched carefully and the first November date for FD was 11/15 as had been rumored.

last year RO dates for August-November 5th came out the same day as FD. Another set of RO dates came later

I have a current reservation for September (Tickets+Hotel+Regular DDP+Memory Maker attached to that reservation).

What happens with the Memory Maker when you cancel such reservation?

If I need to book a new reservation can I still keep the Memory Maker somehow?
Not sure I know in the past some have had to call when they had mm on there reservation mm and me can make the modify button not work.

I just rechecked my dates and their appears to be rooms open in all categories at most value and moderate resorts. That gives me hope for tomorrow night. Right now we have CSR reserved for 12/14 - 12/20. If our rumors do hold true, I'm going to try a new reservation for POP. I think POP will be over a $500 savings if mods get QSDP, and we upgrade. I say "think" because I have been crunching numbers for so many days they have all run together. We have never stayed at POP. Do you guys think it's worth $500 for CSR? The $500 will definitely feed us for the second leg of our trip (2 nights at Universal) or pay our TS tips at WDW. I'm leaning towards POP, but having never stayed at a value, I'm a little nervous. I'm so tired of second guessing myself. I'm so ready for Monday morning.

Will they let you use your meal credits at ts locations now with only one person on the plan? It use to be you could only use plan credits to buy meals for those on your plan. If you had 2 adults you could only buy 2 ts meals at a time etc. I ran into that using qs credits even in the past.
that's kind of my thought., didnt think I could use credits for her if she wasnt on the the plan.

unlikely the rumored dates will change this late. Last year we were locked in for November 12-19, I watched carefully and the first November date for FD was 11/15 as had been rumored.

last year RO dates for August-November 5th came out the same day as FD. Another set of RO dates came later

So I should watch for RO Monday morning?

U might just break even between FD and RO without PH... u can have to factor in 8 QS meals every day... I will go with FD.. so that I can try extra snacks

Quick question. If Mods only get QS dining free, would we be able pay the difference and get regular dining?

Same question for values? I'm thinking we may move to a value if we have to pay the difference anyway.

I think you take the room discount. FD was an amazing deal when hooked on to moderates. Now, not so much if only QS. We have learned how to still go to TS restaurants, split some things, get waters, and still have a great experience (while saving a few dollars).

Seems like so many hoops to jump thru. Room only for the first 3 nights, unnecessary PH & 4th day tickets, TS upgrade charge. Maybe it's just not worth it this time much as I want it to.

Quick question. If Mods only get QS dining free, would we be able pay the difference and get regular dining?

Same question for values? I'm thinking we may move to a value if we have to pay the difference anyway.

Yes! A lot of people do it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter