******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to keep up with the board but the pages are adding up quickly!

What's the latest word on December 3 vs December 8 arrival date? I've seen both dates on the post.
Thanks

It's 12/8, according to all our sources :)

There is a popular WDW site that has officially posted that FD will be available tomorrow. I'm not sure if I can post the name but they are saying that guests must book a minimum 3-night-stay with 2 days of Park Hopper or Park Hopper+ tickets. They say that it will be available tomorrow April 24, 2017 and that the travel dates will be between August 21st and September 30th, 2017 (starting on August 13 for DV and Canadian guests) Also offering selected dates between November 14th through December 23rd. Not a word about being a rumor. Sounds pretty official! If you google it, it'll come up!

We are traveling Aug 15-22. I have booked a room at POP. Tomorrow if FD drops, I would be able to modify my reservation to add the FD, correct?
Also, if we want to upgrade to TS do we need to do it for all members in my party (DS17, DS13, DD13 and I) and for the duration of the trip (would only want 3 nights)?

You can modify, but they have an allotment of rooms for the promo and it has to be available for you to do so.

And yes, you have to have it for the duration and for all people on the room

It's my wife and I who are going, in September (We are also going down for two weeks in 14 days with the kids) Doesn't make sense to buy the tickets, spending almost $900 and get the free dining plan; when it would cost us $694 out of pocket. We just got our AP so it would be another 12 months before we would use the hard tickets. Not sure if they would expire before than.
Don't understand why the AP wouldn't supersede the PH/PH+.
Mouse always wins in the long run

It's probably not worth it, just for your wife and you. Like, I said, maybe a decent room only offer will be available for your dates at a Deluxe. Current tickets expire December 2018, and can be upgraded upon arrival. Even if they do expire, you will not lose the value of what you paid for your tickets, so it is an option. We have AP's and we take advantage of FD.

So wondering if I have a disney visa if I have to wait to call, since I want the week rumored to be only available with the visa, or if I can book it online, or in my case, modify

Thank you! Do think there's more a chance for swimming weather in November? I know it's only a few weeks a part, but I'm just trying to have something sway me one way or another
We have gone in November. Some days were cool and others days we were in the pool. Most of the evenings required a sweater. Have fun.

You get a 20% discount on most food and merchandise as well as AP room discounts, so rest assured, you're saving! Probably more than free dining!

I didn't book this room with the AP discount. I got the room through *********** and rented someone's DVC points that were expiring so I was able to get the room for VERY cheap. I'm excited to use the AP discount at a few dining places as we try to not to get anything that isn't covered by the DDP but the kids really liked Crystal Palace so we are doing it and using the AP discount and paying out of pocket.

There is a popular WDW site that has officially posted that FD will be available tomorrow. I'm not sure if I can post the name but they are saying that guests must book a minimum 3-night-stay with 2 days of Park Hopper or Park Hopper+ tickets. They say that it will be available tomorrow April 24, 2017 and that the travel dates will be between August 21st and September 30th, 2017 (starting on August 13 for DV and Canadian guests) Also offering selected dates between November 14th through December 23rd. Not a word about being a rumor. Sounds pretty official! If you google it, it'll come up!
The 3 night, 2 day PH ticket makes most sense to me. Each year they change one thing, it seems. No DDP at mods is this year's, not ticket requirements. Just my 2 cents . . .

I didn't book this room with the AP discount. I got the room through *********** and rented someone's DVC points that were expiring so I was able to get the room for VERY cheap. I'm excited to use the AP discount at a few dining places as we try to not to get anything that isn't covered by the DDP but the kids really liked Crystal Palace so we are doing it and using the AP discount and paying out of pocket.
If you've already got a deal on your room, you definitely don't qualify for FD anyways since you can't stack your discounts.

If we get FD, we are hoping to upgrade our tickets to AP's. Has anyone done this? If so, does it matter how many days we purchase (we will need 8 days) since you pay the difference? Or would it make more sense to buy fewer days? Thank you!

The wait it driving me nuts!!!

I booked 2 rooms at CBR for 11/19-11/25. We have the gift cards. The rooms are booked 1 under my name and one under our friends who are going with us. 2 adults for them, 4 Disney adults for us.
My question is will i be able to modify both reservations on the phone tomorrow since i booked them together.
I don't want to do it online, i am afraid of losing the gift cards.

Can't get free dining renting DVC points anyway you have to pay rack rate on your room to get free dining.

So wondering if I have a disney visa if I have to wait to call, since I want the week rumored to be only available with the visa, or if I can book it online, or in my case, modify
Depends. Some folks who have DV can pull that offer up from their "Special Deals" page on website. The system knows that you have DV and allows those options on the deal section to be chosen. I have had DV for years and never have been able to do that, so I call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter