******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY?? I have been researching like a psycho to set up my plan B,C,D etc and I keep seeing people complain about Poly even though I understood it to be amazing? People say it is dated and dirty etc etc...I am struggling. We are booked at BC and I have BW as my 1st back up but was looking at Poly as my plan C because if I can't get FD or an amazing RO discount at my first 2 choices, I'd rather get more for my money...But i was also looking at WL or AKL savannah room...except I have a 2 year old and a whiny 8 year old and convenience is definitely a big factor.
I have a whiny 4 and 5.5 yo and we're doing WL standard. I have a FD BB but WL has the boat so it's a lot cheaper than poly and still close to MK! WL renovation should also be done by July so lots of new features!

Travel related question - I'm thinking of changing our dates from the end of September to November 14-20 (20th being the Monday before Thanksgiving). Just curious about opinions on the cost of our return flight that Monday. Will it be ridiculously expensive or is it far enough ahead of Thanksgiving not to be too effected? Thoughts?

Any official word on if the general Public can book beginnings August 13 or just Disney Visa holders? I read an article today mentioning something that was different from the current predictions!

There is a Canadian and Disney Visa early extension to the offer from the rumors. Canadians/Disney Visa can get it from August 13, everyone else August 21

How about storms or rain on September?

Well that's certainly a concern. Esp hurricanes. We went the last week in September and I think it only showered a couple times for a short amount of time. But I was worried and paranoid checking weather everyday like a crazy woman.

Travel related question - I'm thinking of changing our dates from the end of September to November 14-20 (20th being the Monday before Thanksgiving). Just curious about opinions on the cost of our return flight that Monday. Will it be ridiculously expensive or is it far enough ahead of Thanksgiving not to be too effected? Thoughts?

You can check Google flights or Hopper app for future flight prices

IMG_1677.PNG This showed up early one morning last week then disappeared. The link didn't work. I believe it means 8/21 start for GP and possible 8/13 for visa and Canadians.

I used to use a TA until I realized that the TA controlled everything and I could not call to make changes and she always seemed late to the game.

Now I book everything myself and I like being in control of every aspect.

I feel for those that have a TA and are unsure if they are gonna be able to alter their reservations

I'm trying. We typically take Southwest and those dates aren't open yet. I'm comparing other airlines but I think I'd throw up if I had to pay those prices in real life :D Just didn't know if anyone had any experience with it.
I flew back from a wedding in New Orleans the Sunday before thanksgiving last year. I booked SW the day it came out. It wasn't terrible but the price crept up really high soon after!

Finally caught up, fingers crossed I can get my 1 st or second choice. Good luck All!!!

it's 1 o'clock at night here..it means again little sleep, not due to my cold but to FD
Normally ik book through the UKsite but for this year i was too late
Last year i had 3 weeks FD at CBR. For next year we have to book this year..No CBR, they only offer the pirates room for the free dining 2018

This year i have my eye on ten days all star sports.. Do i have to decide now about upgrading to DDP? or can it wait
And do i have to make reservations for all the restaurants or just the popular and character ones?

I compliment you all for your schedules.. in never done that before, i think that we are lucky to have tons more vacation days in a year..
I am going for three weeks but i wanna add some beachtime and a cruise
Which company do you prefer RCL or Carnival?
It's just me with my 14 year old son
I'm always so jealous when those of you from UK or AUS post about taking three week long vacations! I can't imagine how awesome that is.
I believe you can wait to upgrade your dining but it must be done several days before check in. I always recommend reservations for any TS restaurants no matter when you are going.
I prefer RCL. It's nothing against Carnival, it just seemed like something was missing with them vs our RCL cruises. But, you are still on a cruise so it can't be that bad no matter who you choose!

I used to use a TA until I realized that the TA controlled everything and I could not call to make changes and she always seemed late to the game.

I feel for those that have a TA and are unsure if they are gonna be able to alter their reservations

THIS. Using a TA I was unable to make my ADR's for the entire stay. It only let me do 180 days. I had to call and by then an hour had passed and I missed out on some of the reservations. It was so frustrating watching the times become unavailable between 6 and 7am. I was also unable to make payments online, I had to tell her to make a payment and wait on her update my price each time. I know it's silly, but I decided to do everything myself this time.

Very true. TA works in order the reservation was originally made and have to "touch" each one before yours. So depending on how soon you booked means a lot when working with a agent.

How about storms or rain on September?
September has been our month to go, and we have gone multiple Septembers. We always carry ponchos with us. There can be a complete downpour for about 10 or 15 minutes, and then be sunny the next minute. You just never know. Count on rain at least part of most days. I go to the dollar store before we go down, and purchase their cheap ponchos. We just throw them out. I usually take enough for two or three for each family member.

So I'm 99% sure I know the answer to this, but if I just checked my dates/ resort online to crunch some numbers, and the resort I currently have booked is showing zero availability for our dates, I'm assuming that means that my chances of getting free dining are zero? Dates are set in stone, so that can't be changed, and the resort is a done deal too for this particular trip, so I can't make any changes just to get the dining unfortunately. Anyone ever have luck scoring FD when their resort was showing no room availability in the days leading up to the deal release date?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter