******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know exactly what the construction entails...like for example is it on the main building, the rooms or something else. Just want to make sure that I won't be lying in a room listening to hammering on the other side of the wall.

Per the Disney website "Please note that noise will be heard while our resort is undergoing refurbishments, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00am daily. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause." They also list what is going to be under construction at certain times. It looks like the food court/restaurants mostly.

We plan to rent DVC if we don't get free dining. We'd like to make a decision once reliable "predictions" come out!
Have you done this before? I'm wondering if this is better option for us. I feel like I've run the numbers every which way and a value resort + FD is the only way we would be able to go. But I never thought to run the calculations with DVC points. I think the thing that scares me the most is that it's non-refundable.

Have you done this before? I'm wondering if this is better option for us. I feel like I've run the numbers every which way and a value resort + FD is the only way we would be able to go. But I never thought to run the calculations with DVC points. I think the thing that scares me the most is that it's non-refundable.

Yes, we've rented DVC (through David's) before. Our calculations is that we can stay at AKL in 2bedroom for the same price as two rooms at CBR (using this as it's where we'd book if FD). If it weren't for possible FD we'd do DVC again straight away but FD would be huge and we'd take the 'lesser' room for that.

At least with David's, the only issue for us is that there is absolutely 100% no cancelation, changes, etc allowed. So, if you have an emergency and don't make it you lose your vacation. I do believe you can purchase travel insurance (which we will do this year as we're traveling with Grandparents).

I'm booked at POR for the last week of September. I'm really, really, really hoping the FD plan is offered for my stay. :worship:

Since POFQ is almost never included in FD, I guess I'll have to console myself with being at WDW for the first time in ??? years. :hourglass:dogdance:

Oh yeah, hey, Azjenn! I see you've posted your dates on the Official Port Orleans dates thread. Looks like you'll be getting there the day before we do. Maybe we'll bump into each other! :wave2: Please, please, please let there be FD while we're there! :worship:

I've been fortunate enough to book a FD BB for the last few years, but I'll be stressing like I did back in 2013 this time (it was fun though). Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky again. Fingers crossed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter