******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
We frequently visit Disney and have always done the dining plan. In 2015 when we got free dining we were required (for the first time) to add either park hoppers or the water park option in order to get free dining. Does anyone know whether that will be the case this year as well? Thanks in advance.

We frequently visit Disney and have always done the dining plan. In 2015 when we got free dining we were required (for the first time) to add either park hoppers or the water park option in order to get free dining. Does anyone know whether that will be the case this year as well? Thanks in advance.

It was part of the bb requirement last year, so I can't see that going away.

I was told when I made my reservation that I should go ahead and add hoppers because when the FD pops up that's how I have to qualify for it. Just spoke to the CM two days ago.

I just saw this thread and thought I'd pop in for a word of encouragement! I watched these threads for the past 4 years in a row waiting for Free Dining to be announced, while filled with anxiety and sweating profusely because I really really really wanted to get Free Dining for my family! Last September I booked the Bounce Back for Free Dining while I was at CBR. I hope and pray that they announce FD soon and that you all get the resorts that you are hoping for! :love:

In 2015 when we got free dining we were required (for the first time) to add either park hoppers or the water park option in order to get free dining. Does anyone know whether that will be the case this year as well?

They did it last year as well. When I made my reservation for this September I went ahead and added park hoppers assuming it would be a requirement this year, too. I can always take them off if it's not a requirement.

They did it last year as well. When I made my reservation for this September I went ahead and added park hoppers assuming it would be a requirement this year, too. I can always take them off if it's not a requirement.

we always get PH anyway as we travel in the Fall when the hard ticket parties close MK 4 nights/week; makes touring easier.

last year our dates (November) did not qualify for FD so by the end of April I booked with a TA that has exclusive deals. Watched the boards for months and I did not see one single post that anyone got a UOC (PIN) for FD last year. I don't get them anymore but my sis does and was hoping she might get one.

Pixie dust that there are some FD UOCs this year.
Every year I hope for a pin code and I have been lucky enough to have gotten them for the last 3 years. Unfortunately I keep getting them for summer dates and not for the fall when we like to go.:sad1: I am always checking the prices of different room categories and leaving a reservation in the cart so maybe that's why I've gotten them? It is a mystery why they are sent out!

Last edited:

I just saw this thread and thought I'd pop in for a word of encouragement! I watched these threads for the past 4 years in a row waiting for Free Dining to be announced, while filled with anxiety and sweating profusely because I really really really wanted to get Free Dining for my family! Last September I booked the Bounce Back for Free Dining while I was at CBR. I hope and pray that they announce FD soon and that you all get the resorts that you are hoping for! :love:
Thank you!
The worst part of this year's anxiety is that during our October trip to Universal my son and I spent one night at Pop to go to a MNSSHP. I texted my dh while we were there about booking bounceback but our dates weren't firm so we didn't bother. Stupid.
Our exchange rate right now is pretty bad and free dining would save us thousands. If we can't get it, it will be a very different trip.

Every year I hope for a pin code and I have gotten them for the last 3 years. Unfortunately I keep getting them for summer dates and not for the fall when we like to go.:sad1: I am always checking the prices of different room categories and leaving a reservation in the cart so maybe that's why I've gotten them? It is a mystery why they are sent out!

When they send you PIN codes are you getting them in the mail or by email?

We are booked @ POR 8/18 to 8/27 does anyone think these days will be included?

I don't have the modify button available to me so I am kind of nervous:eeyore:

We are booked @ POR 8/18 to 8/27 does anyone think these days will be included?

Strictly speaking historically, you're cutting it close. In 2014 FD started 8/31, 2015 it started 8/28, and last year it started 8/23. I'm fairly new to the whole MDE thing but it seems like you should have a modify button available in case you change your dates at the very least. But that's just me.

Since you're staying at POR you should jump over to the POR Official Dates thread (https://www.disboards.com/threads/port-orleans-official-dates-thread.3579620/page-3#post-57198284) and plug in your dates.

Is anyone starting to get anxiety yet or am I the only one?

I don't know if anyone remembers last year but free dinning was released when the disboards went under construction and all of us on the thread moved to a chat room (forgot what it was called). I had problems with the Disney website because I had a package in my cart and it took me a half hour to get it fixed so I didn't get my first pick. I will say all of you on this board are amazing and helped me try to figure out what was wrong till I got it. I haven't booked my vacation yet because FD is all based on supply and demand. This year though, I'm booking for my hubby's family also so it's more crucial.

Is anyone worried about the dates of the bounce back that were for 2017 and think they will be similar for FD?

Is anyone starting to get anxiety yet or am I the only one?

I don't know if anyone remembers last year but free dinning was released when the disboards went under construction and all of us on the thread moved to a chat room (forgot what it was called). I had problems with the Disney website because I had a package in my cart and it took me a half hour to get it fixed so I didn't get my first pick.

That's one of the reasons I use a TA. Let them deal with that. I don't have the time or the patience. Doesn't mean I don't keep an eye on things. But I don't have the time to be on the phone at 6 a.m., on hold for an hour, so I can get a discount. That's what they get paid to do and I'm sure they have better ways of doing it.

That's one of the reasons I use a TA. Let them deal with that. I don't have the time or the patience. Doesn't mean I don't keep an eye on things. But I don't have the time to be on the phone at 6 a.m., on hold for an hour, so I can get a discount. That's what they get paid to do and I'm sure they have better ways of doing it.

The downside is they're trying to do the same thing for a whole bunch of clients. And they can't do them all at once. So depending on where you are on the list...

And also having to change resorts, room levels, etc. They may not know exactly what you're able/willing to do on the fly.

So I think there may be upsides and downsides to each way. Whatever works for each individual!

Yes, I use a wonderful TA also, and she does stay on hold for hours when something is newly released. The advantage is that the TAs have a special line and can do more than one reservations at a time - not a lot, but more than one - before having to call in again.

And also having to change resorts, room levels, etc. They may not know exactly what you're able/willing to do on the fly.

I've already told my TA, whatever it takes, do it. If it's not acceptable to me then we'll cross that bridge when we get there. But in the heat of the moment, whatever it takes.

Yes, I use a wonderful TA also, and she does stay on hold for hours when something is newly released. The advantage is that the TAs have a special line and can do more than one reservations at a time

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter