• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well DH threw a monkey wrench in my plans. He told me that if I waited he would let me pick ANY resort for December 2018 with an unlimited budget. :jumping1: Ugh how can I say no to that? So now I'm wondering if he'd let me take DD mid-week for a mini trip (maybe using the kindermoon promotion). He has serious FOMO so that might not work, but DD and I would have so much fun! :rotfl:

Is there a specific sort of room you have to book at POR to qualify for free dining?

When fd opens up, go online and you will see what rooms are available under the promotion for your specific dates. Last year I did not see any standard rooms available at POR, even after plugging in several different dates at 4am, the day FD opened. The garden and preferred rooms are limited and get snapped up quickly. The waterview Royal rooms will be the last to get booked up.

Is there a specific sort of room you have to book at POR to qualify for free dining?
Not necessarily, it just depends if Disney sets any specific requirements. Standard room amounts are often limited for free dining promotions. I think we will just have to wait and see this year

I still don't think Free Dining would come out before the Room only rates and passholder rates for June-August. I would happily be wrong, but I think we will be waiting awhile yet.

I really hope FD doesn't come out before they announce the dates for MNSSHP. My dates hinge on whether or not there will be August Halloween parties.

I really hope FD doesn't come out before they announce the dates for MNSSHP. My dates hinge on whether or not there will be August Halloween parties.
I'm pretty sure haloween party is starting the end of August if you check park hours MK closes at 7 pm on the 25th, 29th and the 1st. My only guess as to why would be the party.

We bring our own snacks and mostly drink water. The kids meals will get you a milk or juice. Our big splurge is a large pizza at Via Napoli. :)
When we went in 2015 we brought our own oatmeal and fruit for breakfast and shared lunches. If we could share a dinner we did but we also ate at many of the buffet's. We spent $ 800.00 for the two of us for ten days.

Well DH threw a monkey wrench in my plans. He told me that if I waited he would let me pick ANY resort for December 2018 with an unlimited budget. :jumping1: Ugh how can I say no to that? So now I'm wondering if he'd let me take DD mid-week for a mini trip (maybe using the kindermoon promotion). He has serious FOMO so that might not work, but DD and I would have so much fun! :rotfl:
That offer is hard to resist. But you would have to wait if he doesn't agree to the mini trip. Tricky negotiation. Good luck!

I'm pretty sure haloween party is starting the end of August if you check park hours MK closes at 7 pm on the 25th, 29th and the 1st. My only guess as to why would be the party.

I'm really hoping. But a few years ago, they had a 7pm closing on the Friday before labour day. Everyone was so sure it was a Halloween party, but they updated the hours to a regular closing, right before dates were announced. I think Disney may be considering those dates so they keep them at a 7pm closing for now, sort of as a placeholder, just in case.

When I search "free disney dining 2017" on my phone the first link that pops up is to a disneyworld.disney.go.com link that has a summary that says: "Enjoy a special room and ticket package offer that includes a free dining plan. Offer valid for arrivals most nights August 14...". Now, when I click the link, it doesn't work, but maybe they're working on it. Maybe it'll start 8/14? We'll see I guess.

When I search "free disney dining 2017" on my phone the first link that pops up is to a disneyworld.disney.go.com link that has a summary that says: "Enjoy a special room and ticket package offer that includes a free dining plan. Offer valid for arrivals most nights August 14...". Now, when I click the link, it doesn't work, but maybe they're working on it. Maybe it'll start 8/14? We'll see I guess.
Now THAT is encouraging news. All this MDE website nonsense over the last few days, coupled with the Stitch that keeps popping up, the missing modify buttons..and now you seeing an offer that disappeared, I am hopeful that A) it's definitely coming this year, and B) we will see it sooner than last year.
However, that being said, rumours haven't been heating up yet, our guru's are quiet, summer offers haven't been released yet, and I've seen them playing around with loading offers before and still waited quite awhile until they went live.

But it's nice to see the first hints that it will actually be offered this year. I like to speculate.... otherwise I just lurk and wait :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter