******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like someone brought this up before but I can't remember the answer for the life of me and I'm just on my lunch break at work so not a lot of time to look back but can you have more than one package booked on one MDE account? I was thinking if I wasn't able to modify my current package that I might just book another if free dining becomes available and then call and see if I can transfer whatever I've paid on the current one to the new one and cancel the old one . I currently don't have a modify button. So I'm just trying to plan ahead :bored:

Yes you can. :)

Well this storm is turning out to be a flop here on Long Island! It was supposed to be 12-18" now it's 3-6"... not complaining since my DH is in Denver where it's in the 70s and I'd be stuck here trying to figure out how to work a snowblower! lol Hope some FD news gets leaked today!

I feel like someone brought this up before but I can't remember the answer for the life of me and I'm just on my lunch break at work so not a lot of time to look back but can you have more than one package booked on one MDE account? I was thinking if I wasn't able to modify my current package that I might just book another if free dining becomes available and then call and see if I can transfer whatever I've paid on the current one to the new one and cancel the old one . I currently don't have a modify button. So I'm just trying to plan ahead :bored:

Yes you can have more than one.

Hi! We are thinking of going in September with the hopes of free dining. Historically is either POR riverside included in free dining?

I'm not sure about historically, but we went last year and got FD at POR. We were in a royal room though if that makes a difference. That's probably how we got the FD.

It is being reported (informed speculation) on sites that require membership (so I can't post link) that FD will not be offered in Oct, beginning of Nov, and not as close to Thanksgiving as it was last year, if Nov is included at all.

Last year DHS was pretty much cut in half with no Osborne Lights. This year with Pandora, more crowds are expected. Plus with the construction at CBR and CS the number of rooms in inventory will be less.

I hope not!!

I heard something similar as well... I heard it's only going to be about a two week range with maybe a few days in december.

I heard something similar as well... I heard it's only going to be about a two week range with maybe a few days in december.

That would be really disappointing. FD is what makes the trip affordable for us. Right now we're tentatively September 9 - 16th. Hopefully we can get FD in some capacity since we're very flexible on resorts (basically any values or moderates are okay, depending on total cost).

You will need to purchase a package that includes a minimum 3 night stay and 2 day tickets with park hopper or waterpark. You can always save either set of your tickets for another trip though.

So just to confirm: To qualify for FD, I could book a different number of nights at the hotel than the number of days for tickets? That is, a package of 11 nights plus 6 days of tickets would qualify?

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else, I booked room only and then purchased my tickets separate because they were heavily discounted for Canadians,. If free dining does come out , will I be eligible for it if my dates line up? or not eligible because I bought them separate although I booked both through the Disney site. TIA Lor
Maybe you can just purchase the required 2 day park hopper tickets and use the ones you bought discounted for the other days. I don't know how many days you bought or how long you're planning on staying. Maybe this plan would work

Well this storm is turning out to be a flop here on Long Island! It was supposed to be 12-18" now it's 3-6"... not complaining since my DH is in Denver where it's in the 70s and I'd be stuck here trying to figure out how to work a snowblower! lol Hope some FD news gets leaked today!
I know its only supposed to be in the low 90's here today. I had to turn off the air conditioning. It was too cold at 71.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter