• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are booked for 11/12-11/17 in a standard room at WL. Should I be in hopes that a FDP will be offered during our stay? Is it better to book your trip in advance rather than waiting for the FDP to drop? I've always waited for the plan to drop before making our reservations but I'm always struggling to find rooms.

Is there any advice you can give me on what to plan/think about or caution for if there is a FDP offered?

Did anyone received an offer yesterday that actually had a working code attached? Also, it was mentioned on this board that Disney was made aware and that new emails would be coming out. Anyone receive a second email yet?

I received two emails the first day with no code. (different email accounts)

I received two emails today that included the code.

So we have a date! The morning its gonna release what do you do, how do you organize yourself? I plan on getting up a few minutes earlier before 4, drink cofee, open a browser.Will have my notes next to me with various scenarios and options , and price comparisons.That way I can know agead of time if a certain resort will be a savings or not, etc.I also will open up my airline site to see if a fare increase is necessary If I changed my Disney reservations. I am certified type A with OCD :)

So we have a date! The morning its gonna release what do you do, how do you organize yourself? I plan on getting up a few minutes earlier before 4, drink cofee, open a browser.Will have my notes next to me with various scenarios and options , and price comparisons.That way I can know agead of time if a certain resort will be a savings or not, etc.I also will open up my airline site to see if a fare increase is necessary If I changed my Disney reservations. I am certified type A with OCD :)

For me, I need my credit card handy, iPad fully charged, strong coffee and I do a few finger stretches and exercises so I don't hit the wrong buttons. :teeth:

Just booked Pop for Oct 4-10. Figuring no FD during that time. Good deal I thought 6 nights, 5 day hopper with 1 day at a water park for me and my DD13....$1529 total. QS dining plan would be about $600. First time going without FD or buying meal plan (once) since I've been staying onsite. Figure the 2 of us can eat for less than $600 for the 6 nights.

Last edited:
I have a question that is a slight deviant from the conversation but still has to do with the dining plan ...

Has anyone dined at Narcoossees for brunch? If so, how was it? Did it feel like you got your 2 credits worth?

We already have reservations and I booked another family on a seperate reservation. We can be flexible with dates. Our reservations are linked. How can I adjust their reservations?

Yeah I'll get up about 3 and make some coffee. Get awake! Have notes ready and hit refresh. Once have it try fo my first hopes and work from there...

Last year I had my gift card and credit card on the desk by the computer along with a list of my dates and resort choices. I didn't play with flights til later. I was to nerveous about messing up the FD!

However this year, there are 3 of us, staying a full week and my boyfriend is a bottomless pit when it comes to food. In fact, we want to upgrade to the DxDP.
Lol, I don't even want to calculate by menu item because we would be eating at a lot of TS locations that just those prices, and the streamlining of payment with the DP feels like a no brainer to us.

Assuming you're staying in a mod and have the free DDP, you're upgrade cost is only $37 and change. I'd say that's definitely a no brainer for the DxDDP.

So we are booked for 11/12-11/17 in a standard room at WL. Should I be in hopes that a FDP will be offered during our stay? Is it better to book your trip in advance rather than waiting for the FDP to drop? I've always waited for the plan to drop before making our reservations but I'm always struggling to find rooms.

Is there any advice you can give me on what to plan/think about or caution for if there is a FDP offered?

Well, there's always hope, but last year's Nov dates didn't start until the next Tues. If your dates are flexible, that's going to be your best bet of things to plan/think about. Other than that, you need to have back up resorts and rooms and what moving to them will cost you.

I got that same one on Monday and got really excited too until I realized what it was. I figure at least I'm in the system and receiving emails :)

I got one today and yesterday for 30% off a room, but it's linked to our old mailing address for some reason. When I booked our trip last year, everything was in our new mailing address. They said I'd have to call to change it and get details on a trip :faint:

It's so sad guys....but I'm still recovering from Monday's "trial run". Not going to lie....that 3:50 wake up was rough. :scared: :crazy: Though I'm excited that we have another prospective date....

Here's to hoping that the next early wake up is better than the last...:genie:

Assuming you're staying in a mod and have the free DDP, you're upgrade cost is only $37 and change. I'd say that's definitely a no brainer for the DxDDP.
Yes, a mod :D Oh, is that $37 per person/per night?

We are crossing our fingers for POFQ to be included this year because of all the mod construction. But, we most likely would do POR :)

I just have a question about getting the QS FD option at a value resort. Say we are able to book that online the day it's released. Is there an option on MDE to upgrade to the regular DP online right then or would I have to eventually call and upgrade that? Does it need to be done when the FD is added?

I have a room booked already and this is my first time experiencing adding FD. Am I correct with my thinking of how this all works...when FD is released do I just modify to add FD and nothing else changes? My room rate doesn't change right?

I apologize for likely repeating questions, but this newb has just a few more.

I've read every blog I can find and watched the podcast posted but I'm still confused about the logistics of FD and what it looks like.

If you haven't booked, do you go online at 4am? Is there an actual promo code? Do they crash?

If you have booked, can you modify online (if so, how?) or do you have to wait and call at 7? If you work with an agent, doesn't it take too long for the back and forth if you need to change dates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter