******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys keep booking, and filling those resorts up, then Disney won't need to offer free dinning to get folks to come in. Just saying.

I totally agree! Say it all the time when planning our Disney vacations now. Months and months of planning. I'd rather go with the flow on my vacation but the way its structured now you really can't.
You can still wing it as long as you travel to WDW during slower times and are okay missing out on some of the most popular ADRs. We are going in September, right after Labor Day. We have booked BOG and we will book our FP+ for the Avatar rides ahead of time. The rest will all wait until we arrive. We would rather miss things than have a rigid schedule each day.

If you guys keep booking, and filling those resorts up, then Disney won't need to offer free dinning to get folks to come in. Just saying.

Does this also refer to ADRs? Wouldn't Disney notice that all the restaurants are booked? Truly wondering. I completely understand the reason that we shouldn't book resorts, but I've also read a bunch of people talking about getting their ADRs...

I called Disney to modify my reservation dates. The girl said she couldn't do it on the phone so she'd submit a form and I should be set, and I'd get a confirmation email in about 24 hours. It's only been 25 hours, but I haven't received an email and my dates haven't changed. Should I call again, or give it time?

ETA: called and the cast member (who I got the name of this time) looked and the last can hadn't even submitted the form...Grr...She submitted it and I got her name so hopefully it'll all get resolved here soon.

Last edited:
I called Disney to modify my reservation dates. The girl said she couldn't do it on the phone so she'd submit a form and I should be set, and I'd get a confirmation email in about 24 hours. It's only been 25 hours, but I haven't received an email and my dates haven't changed. Should I call again, or give it time?
Did you book through a travel agent?

Yep. We know. As a group we are only booking what we will do if we DONT get free dining. Might be a few outliers but the majority of us are playing this smart.
I don't even think that this is playing it "smart". I wouldn't pre-book without my desired discount unless I had my heart set on a specific room type at a specific resort that is likely to sell out, and I was willing to keep that room even if FD was released and did not include that room type.

Imagine if everyone who is hoping for FD simply canceled their bookings today. The report is that bookings are already above 75% in September, with no discounts released. September - the month that used to see bookings below 50%. Drop that number down near 50% and you will guarantee a significant FD promotion. If that number creeps up to 85%, it isn't going to happen at all.

So, pre-booking isn't smart if you really hope for FD.

Atmosphere was neat at corral reef but was not impressed with the food itself. Especially considering there's literally a "world" of other options around Epcot:cutie:
I hear you about the food, nothing too exciting but....it is the quietest restaurant in all of the parks. I can totally relax here, so for me, it's worth it. And they do have delicious lava cake for dessert.

I'm curious were you attempting to drop days from your reservation? Asking since I heard that it is no longer easy to book a long stay and then drop days like it use to be.
I would definitely call back if it were me

I found that planning two meals a day really put a kink in our fun. My family said they felt like we spent most of our time running around trying to make it to our reservations on time. Especially if they weren't at the same park we were at. The first time we went we spent a lot of time on buses and the monorail trying to get everything in.
Totally agree with this....we made a plan to modify where we eat based on location. We dropped several resort restaurants because it just took to long to get there and back to the parks after dinner.

OMG did y'all see the comment on the bottom of the Chip & Co. announcement where someone was pissed that it was a joke and said "people" were calling in to get the FD? And by "people" she probably meant her. :rotfl:

I don't even think that this is playing it "smart". I wouldn't pre-book without my desired discount unless I had my heart set on a specific room type at a specific resort that is likely to sell out, and I was willing to keep that room even if FD was released and did not include that room type.

Imagine if everyone who is hoping for FD simply canceled their bookings today. The report is that bookings are already above 75% in September, with no discounts released. September - the month that used to see bookings below 50%. Drop that number down near 50% and you will guarantee a significant FD promotion. If that number creeps up to 85%, it isn't going to happen at all.

So, pre-booking isn't smart if you really hope for FD.

I would usually agree. But with moderates being worked on I think availability this year is not normal. I also don't know if I'm going to use FD. Might use a room discount. Just depends on dates and resorts and room types available for FD. I'm here stalking because I know that is the best way to try and I'm really loving this group.

But I do get your point.

Sitting here listening to the freezing rain on March 31st, looking forward to (NOT) April Fool's Day snow here in New England. At least it's not the 2 feet we got on the same date in 1997 - anyone remember that?! So grateful I have a trip to plan, dream about and look forward to!
:beach:
NH here. It's been snowing all night, got about 5 inches so far...it's a winter wonderland, everything is covered in white...ugh! Am so looking forward to some springtime.

There's a new post on kennythepirate about FD saying that people who already have a package booked have "beat you to the punch" and makes it seem like they will get it before you, unless you go to his sponsoring TA and they can get you a res now and transfer it when FD drops. People who don't know much about FD might believe this...I guess Ken is just like Dad...
That's too bad. I just dropped Dad, don't have Kenny the pirate but sounds similar, too much advertising for TA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter