******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
FD in a value would only include qs right? so to upgrade id need 540 to upgrade to the DDP. So Then it matters how much it cost's to go to mod instead.

I'm not sure how you did the math, but saw one post that had incorrect values. Cost to upgrade from QSDP to DDP is $21.16 for adults and $4.07 for kids.

Too early to tell if that date is accurate. I think whoever started that rumor was taking a stab. If the CBR is included, be ready to take a pirate room.

And just in case anyone else is not aware (I wasn't) the pirate rooms do NOT have queen beds; they are doubles just like the values.

Ok so Mod resorts that could come on the FD are CRB, and PO, but what is the art of animation (suites) are included? Would you choose a (royal room, Port Orleans standard, pirates, orCRB standard over a suit? I have heard that PO and CRB have bad bus's and that Art or Pop can have a better bus system. Is this worth staying at a value instead of upgrading to the moderates?

I doubt that there will be standard or garden rooms available at any mod. I bet you'll definitely see some availability in the highest priced rooms though.

We definitely prefer the buses at AofA and Pop over any of the mods. But I'd still choose a mod if you can find one at a reasonable price over Value if you want regular table service.

The answer is based off what you want. We stay away from values as they will have full size beds instead of queens in double rooms. Now, my guess is that CSR and CBR will be the only mods included in a potential FD offer. The availability will be extremely limited. I also believe that any offer will wipe out the gift card at CBR. That may open additional availability there as people cancel reservations that were place holders.
Do you think the Cabins at Ft Wilderness have a chance of being included in free dining?

Edit...sorry just saw someone else already asked and it was answered!

Has anyone ever signed up for Free Dining and then only bought the minimum 2 day park hopper and used an AP for the rest of their park tickets? We just booked a 9 day stay at Port Orleans Riverside in the Fall but have not bought our tickets yet. We are planning on coming back in the Spring, so an AP would be cheaper. Should we just add the 2 day park hopper tickets onto our current reservation now before 4/17 and then buy the AP separately so that we'll get Free Dining, and then when we check in have them use apply our AP for the remaining days?

Too early to tell if that date is accurate. I think whoever started that rumor was taking a stab. If the CBR is included, be ready to take a pirate room.
For my dates only thing available at Cbr is water view pirate room and nothing at csr. That's 12-21 of September by the way.

Has anyone ever signed up for Free Dining and then only bought the minimum 2 day park hopper and used an AP for the rest of their park tickets? We just booked a 9 day stay at Port Orleans Riverside in the Fall but have not bought our tickets yet. We are planning on coming back in the Spring, so an AP would be cheaper. Should we just add the 2 day park hopper tickets onto our current reservation now before 4/17 and then buy the AP separately so that we'll get Free Dining, and then when we check in have them use apply our AP for the remaining days?
I'm fairly certain you can upgrade the FD tickets to an AP. I would do the full amount of days you need and then you get your fastpass+ for all your days. Upgrade at anytime before the tickets are used up.

We have bought 2 day tickets for FD several times when we had a current AP. It sounds like you don't have an AP yet though, so buy the number of tickets you need now for your upcoming fall trip so you can make fp's for all your days, 60 days out, then upgrade to AP's once you get there.

We have bought 2 day tickets for FD several times when we had a current AP. It sounds like you don't have an AP yet though, so buy the number of tickets you need now for your upcoming fall trip so you can make fp's for all your days, 60 days out, then upgrade to AP's once you get there.
Instead of using the price of the 2 day tickets to upgrade to AP's, I thought I read that you could just buy an AP for the full price and then you would be given the 2 day tickets back as a refund. I'm wondering if these would be transferrable? We might have other family members join us for our Spring trip, so we were thinking we could just apply the 2 day tickets to their MDE accounts so that they won't have to buy tickets. Could this be an option too?

Hey guys! Lurker coming to join. My family is looking to go the weekend after labor day for a week long trip. We are hoping to get free dining. Will wilderness lodge be included? We will be bringing a toddler and I want something closer to magic kingdom.

Instead of using the price of the 2 day tickets to upgrade to AP's, I thought I read that you could just buy an AP for the full price and then you would be given the 2 day tickets back as a refund. I'm wondering if these would be transferrable? We might have other family members join us for our Spring trip, so we were thinking we could just apply the 2 day tickets to their MDE accounts so that they won't have to buy tickets. Could this be an option too?
You can certainly buy an AP at full price and buy two day tickets and save them for future use, but you would not get a refund on them. If someone has an MDE account linked to yours, I believe you can transfer those tickets to them.

YEP. Here's what we do. Our APs expire November 28th each year. We buy the tickets required to get free dining and make sure our AP's are the primary ticket listed in MDE. At the end of our trip, we use those tickets towards the renewal of our APs for the next year.

As a side note, there is a possible way to use your tickets and upgrade on the last day of your trip. This would essentially make your AP start on your last day at the park. For instance, we took a FD trip in November 2015 that started on the 19th. We had a 10 day PH and were planning all along to upgrade to the AP at the end of our trip. I had asked several days at different parks about upgrading and each gave us the same answer, that they would expire 11/18/16. On our last night at the WDW, 11/28/15, I found a CM at HS who made it happen. Virtually an additional free week added to our AP. This past year, they were offering 13 months for the price of 12.

Very YMMV but it happens and I can verify first hand.

alright. how close or easy is it to get around from CRB or CSR resort in comparison to art? Are the busses as bad as some say? FD in a value would only include qs right? so to upgrade id need 540 to upgrade to the DDP. So Then it matters how much it cost's to go to mod instead.
Stayed
alright. how close or easy is it to get around from CRB or CSR resort in comparison to art? Are the busses as bad as some say? FD in a value would only include qs right? so to upgrade id need 540 to upgrade to the DDP. So Then it matters how much it cost's to go to mod instead.
We stayed at CSR and figured out that we needed to walk over to the bus stop that picked up first. Our room was closer to the front pickup but by the time the bus gets to the front, its already packed because the front pickup is technically the last stop the bus makes before it goes to the parks. I would request a room that is close to the first pickup(it's #4 I believe.) Also, they don't have the cattle gates out front to form lines for the buses. Everyone kind of sits around on all the benches until their bus pulls up then they rush it. We haven't found any buses that beat POP.

You can certainly buy an AP at full price and buy two day tickets and save them for future use, but you would not get a refund on them. If someone has an MDE account linked to yours, I believe you can transfer those tickets to them.
Thanks for the reply, I was finally able to chat with someone on MDE and they said the tickets would be non-transferrable, so buying the tickets and paying the difference for the AP sounds like the way we will be going.

:( I have been really hoping for POR. We'd try CSR but POR is our home.
What you're saying makes sense, I just hope you're not completely right (I want POR, dangit! Lol)

We love POR too. The CSR renovations from a couple years ago changed it for us though. Our favorite section is the Cabanas and we always request a first floor corner room, in either 9A or 8A. These put you very close to El Centro and The Dig Site.

We normally tend to gravitate toward moderate resorts. Since our children are classified by Disney as adults, it is normally less expensive for us to stay at a moderate during free dining. My favorite over be past several years has been Coronado Springs. For many different reasons. It is closer to home, easier to leave when we are done with our trip, spread out enough so that we aren't not on top of everyone else, and throw in the beach and hammocks and you have a wonderful resort.
CSR is our favorite too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter