• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sort of worried about the beds at the value too.
The beds at the values are a problem for my wife. Not because they are full sized, but because they are much more firm than the beds at Mods or Deluxes. She has a hip problem, and the firm beds cause her pain.

The beds at the values are a problem for my wife. Not because they are full sized, but because they are much more firm than the beds at Mods or Deluxes. She has a hip problem, and the firm beds cause her pain.

Yikes. I'm afraid of this. I was actually thinking about bringing a mattress topper. Black Friday you can usually get them cheap. Would be cheaper than a mod upgrade.

Yikes. I'm afraid of this. I was actually thinking about bringing a mattress topper. Black Friday you can usually get them cheap. Would be cheaper than a mod upgrade.
Our kids never noticed or cared. The firm mattress was actually good for my back, but my wife suffered. If you need a softer mattress, you should consider some sort of foam topper. You can get them for about $20 at Target or Walmart. The cloth ones probably won't help enough to matter.

Does anyone know what a special ticketed event @ MK from 7:45am-9am towards the end of August is?

We booked a standard room at CBR with FD last year on the day that it opened. Our travel dates were the 2 weeks after Labor Day. We ended up canceling our trip for other reasons, but standard rooms, though limited, were available at some Mods for some dates. So there is a chance, however unlikely.

Just depends on when you are going. I can't get a mod (that would be FD) at all right now for 10 nights anytime f on 11/27-12/18. So don't expect it for free dining since I can't book it without a discount. But I'm going to look. Who knows.

Our kids never noticed or cared. The firm mattress was actually good for my back, but my wife suffered. If you need a softer mattress, you should consider some sort of foam topper. You can get them for about $20 at Target or Walmart. The cloth ones probably won't help enough to matter.

Yeah they have the temperpudic ones that was what I was thinking. We drive from ATL so I have the luxury of throwing in what I want. Lol.

We booked a standard room at CBR with FD last year on the day that it opened. Our travel dates were the 2 weeks after Labor Day. We ended up canceling our trip for other reasons, but standard rooms, though limited, were available at some Mods for some dates. So there is a chance, however unlikely.
Same for me as well. I booked a standard room at CSR Sept 3 -9 on the morning FD dropped.

Usually beginning of December. Disney will know dates and usually can be found on the internet. Of course, only Magic Kingdom is effected.

For the past two years it has been in November, and last year they did some taping of some kind at EVERY park.

So when I was at DCA this weekend a CM almost hit me in the eye with the umbrella she was adjusting; it actually started to fall over with the point aiming right at my face and could have been bad. (Un)fortunately my reflexes kicked in and I ducked out of the way. My sister is annoyed I didn't take one for the team; could you have imagined how much of an awesome WDW vacation we could have gotten out of them-deluxe suite, VIP tours, free dining, etc!

Just saw this on a site that Dirty Steve gave us.

"Rumor that reaches me from above
icon_cool.gif
, it is possible that the promotion of Dining Plan 2017 for the second half of the year is reduced to a few dates.

In principle, I am told, it would not cover anything from October to November. Regarding September, it would only be until the Labor Day weekend, or until September 4 or 5.

August yes, almost everything.

It may fail, but everything indicates that reservations are very high at this time, so it is not necessary to "invite" more people by offering free food (that of "free" has nothing
icon_e_wink.gif
someone ends up paying)."

ok I have to ask how do you change your reservations? I have all the reservation number from my TA and I was told I can do everything through Disney or Through her. If I am up at 4 am (I'm in Arizona so I'm not sure what time things would be changing here) would I be able to call Disney (or go online?) with my reservation number?

icon_cool.gif
, it is possible that the promotion of Dining Plan 2017 for the second half of the year is reduced to a few dates.

In principle, I am told, it would not cover anything from October to November. Regarding September, it would only be until the Labor Day weekend, or until September 4 or 5.

It may fail, but everything indicates that reservations are very high at this time, so it is not necessary to "invite" more people by offering free food (that of "free" has nothing
icon_e_wink.gif
No news in December?

icon_cool.gif

icon_e_wink.gif
which is closer to what the BB offer was; ended a week or so into September and nothing until December.

icon_cool.gif

icon_e_wink.gif

That would be awful.
However with us set to check-in Sept 3rd I guess we would still be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter