• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually there are rumors and I start calling in the mornings at 7 am. For our trip two months ago, I believe I called three mornings in a row with the cast member telling me to keep calling each morning. On the third morning it was released.

Although
Is anyone able to confirm whether or not TAs can apply package promos (ie. Free dining) online, or if they have to wait until 7am and call in to do it?

As long as the system is not crashing and all "wonky" a TA can modify an existing reservation online as soon as the promo is available, and there is availability. One of the biggest things that can cause problems with modifying an existing reservation is if the MM is already in the package and may cause the TA to have to call it in. Hope this helps. princess:

Random question here for those who have already booked a reservation (no judgments please haha). Does anyone else have a strange code written in with their dining reservation and if so, do you know what it means? It's probably nothing but no CM can seem to, or doesn't want to, provide any explanation for. Just wondering.
I don't see a code. Where exactly are you looking?

Although

As long as the system is not crashing and all "wonky" a TA can modify an existing reservation online as soon as the promo is available, and there is availability. One of the biggest things that can cause problems with modifying an existing reservation is if the MM is already in the package and may cause the TA to have to call it in. Hope this helps. princess:

Any idea why MM seems to cause issues?

If you've come here just to tell us we're crazy, then obviously you're the one who has a problem. If you want to discuss FD (which will save my family $3000 but I guess I'm "crazy" to want to save that much money) than go ahead, otherwise, just go...
New to this dis board and totally agree! Why would someone join a thread specifically focused on free dining just to put others down?! It would save my family $2000, why pay for it when we can get it free? And why not have some fun while waiting?:hyper2:
I love this group. Its entertaining and insightful. There's just no need to bring negativity.

Last night before going to bed I checked the summer offer one more time for our dates and found A Poly Standard room. So I booked it. Now to figure out if FD is a better deal than RO offer.

I was also able to reserve the ROL dining reservation at Tusker House for last week in August.

All in all it was a good day.

Wow you snagged a Poly Standard room under the Summer Offer?! What week in Aug? I've been checking everyday and nothing. I am hoping they have some when/if FD is announced!!

Hi everyone! I've been lurking in this thread for a few weeks and decided to go ahead and create an account so I can join ya'll in the fun! I've been to WDW once in 2015, mid Sept with the FD. Last trip my SO (DH? I'm not sure what the terminology means, not married though :p) planned every single thing and I just got to pay my half and show up to the magic. This year, he wants a break (He's also booked/planned our last 3 trips to Universal) so I'm handling it all. I'm hoping for a early to mid Sept trip, with one of the days being an MNSSHP day. I've done HHN at Universal a couple of times and want to try something new. I'm literally about to start pulling my hair out if FD doesn't drop soon. Money is tight so this would be a big help. I'm just ready to start finalizing dinners, flights, MNSSHP etc...:yay:

So many good choices!!
I've never tried Boatright's despite staying at POR twice. If we stay at POR I think we should this trip. I forgot about Boma and Sanaa too. I love love love both of those. I think AKL really has the best tasble service restaurants of all the resorts, but I am sure that comes down to food preferences.

And I didn't mean to exclude anyone on the QSDP!! Please include favourite quick serve as well. I'm looking forward to trying Blaze this trip and we always love Wolfgang Puck Express and Cookes of Dublin. We love the Disney Springs choices for quick serve.
We ate at blaze in September and it was one of the best pizzas I have ever had.

Last edited:
We do not do to many TS ADRs, as we pay for those out of pocket since we get the free QSDP. But we love Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue, Via Napoli, Crystal Palace.

QS, we love Be Our Guest, Pecos Bills, FlameTree Grill, ABC Commissary, (I know, but we love the burgers and cupcakes haha)

Although

I have to ask what is MM?

Doing Deluxe Dining for the first time and most excited about...

Narcoosees
Yachtmans
Sanaa

We are a family of foodies. And no we aren't just about stuffing our faces all day. My kids are all athletes and physically fit and we all excercise but we love good dining experiences. Food is always a big part of our vacations which is a good reason I want to score free dining...to enhance our experience and save on the cost. Myself and my daughters are obsessed with Disney and hope my husband and son will be after this trip. The other two short trips we have taken we ate crap quick service and a couple of table service but have since learned about researching and doing Disney right. So excited and appreciate the info I have learned in this thread.

Kinda :offtopic: MY TA just told me something I did not know. Disney takes a hold of 3 days without a $200 deposit? Is this true? She said I could do it online if a deal comes out and I want to grab a 3-day hold. This ensures I don't lose the deal until she and I can talk. Anyone else done this 3-day hold thing and if so online?

Yes, you can do a hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter