******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I've been lurking in this thread for a few weeks and decided to go ahead and create an account so I can join ya'll in the fun! I've been to WDW once in 2015, mid Sept with the FD. Last trip my SO (DH? I'm not sure what the terminology means, not married though :p) planned every single thing and I just got to pay my half and show up to the magic. This year, he wants a break (He's also booked/planned our last 3 trips to Universal) so I'm handling it all. I'm hoping for a early to mid Sept trip, with one of the days being an MNSSHP day. I've done HHN at Universal a couple of times and want to try something new. I'm literally about to start pulling my hair out if FD doesn't drop soon. Money is tight so this would be a big help. I'm just ready to start finalizing dinners, flights, MNSSHP etc...:yay:
:welcome: Yes, it's comforting to know there are others stressing over the "drop"! I'm not even eligible this year, cause we are staying offsite, but next year is a big graduation and a definite on property stay. My sweetie is not going with me this year....it's a bit to hectic for him, and he doesn't like the heat. He's going on his own road trip out west. But I'm all in. I'd go every year if I could. So I'm looking to see what will drop this year, to guess what may happen next year. It's all about the fun, and the stress mixed together!

I have her direct number, which I called and left a message on. My next message is going to be to cancel my trip. I've just decided that she obviously doesn't care about me or my vacation, so she doesn't need to make money off of my trip. It actually works out better that way, because I really want to plan everything myself. I don't know why I booked with a TA in the first place, I'm planning obsessed! So, part of me is glad that she gave me a reason to cancel with her, though I never would have if she was doing her job.
I used a TA once because the offer was for a really good room discount at Poly. We didn't use the FD plan that year because the room offer was much better. So it was pretty simple. I wouldn't use a TA if I wanted to try for FD. I would definitely book on my own and cancel with her.

Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with this question. I already have a booking and all my dining booked. If I were to book again to get free dining, can I then transfer over my existing dining reservations to my new booking? (and if so can anyone tell me the easiest way to do so?) Thanks so much- free dining rookie here!

This is off topic, but I'm thinking of upgrading to deluxe dining. I have a six year old how does that work with his credits are they 7adult credits and 7 kid credit or 14 credits? I just used 7 as an example. I guess I'm just asking if they are together or separate. I'm confused with deluxe.

14 credits
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with this question. I already have a booking and all my dining booked. If I were to book again to get free dining, can I then transfer over my existing dining reservations to my new booking? (and if so can anyone tell me the easiest way to do so?) Thanks so much- free dining rookie here!

Your ADRs are not linked to your resort reservation, so they will not change.

They will automatically switch over since it is not connected to your reservation. It is connected with your MDE account I think.

The dining is attached to your MDE account, not your resort reservation. You can change/cancel your resort reservation and it will not affect your ADRs.

Some people even book a resort so they can get their dining reservations locked in 180 days out, then they cancel their resort booking and stay off site. As long as you can show the credit card you booked under (or your Magic Band linked to your MDE if you have one) it's fine.

They're like any normal restaurant reservation. The only difference with ADR is they let you book earlier than the general public if you have a resort booking. But once you've booked it's a stand alone thing. They don't even care if you don't have park tickets. I'm sure plenty of people have booked ADRs for park restaurants and missed their booking because they didn't know you had to have a park entry ticket to get in to the restaurant!

Last edited:
Thanks all, and I looked to see what perks I can use from the Disney visa..there isn't any for this type of package so I think I will just keep the 200 in the account its in and be ready to use it online when FD is released.
And
:welcome: to those who just came and joined us.

I am praying for your daughter. She is lucky to have you.:love:

It's so strange that you and others have posts like this on here today (actually yesterday --it's after midnight now!), because I've been debating whether or not to share on here my own situation. I decided to, though, because I wanted to thank everyone here for being so friendly and helpful, and such a welcome distraction from my medical situation. I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, had a double mastectomy, and finished radiation 2 months ago. I was told that I have a good prognosis. However, I go to a neurologist for chronic migraines, and Friday they saw something that makes them suspect I may have a brain tumor. I have to get a brain MRI, but they have to set up a surgery for me to take out the tissue expanders (part of the breast reconstruction process) first as the expanders have magnets or metal in them, so have to wait on the MRI. Anyway, if I didn't have this board to look at every day, I would go nuts! Sorry to be so :offtopic: . I'm actually a very positive person -- that is what has helped me through all this, that and my wonderfully supportive DH and other family. . . so on that note I am wishing for FD for everyone!

Even more positive vibes coming your way. I'm glad some of us have shared what we've been through and are going through now. Hugs to everyone.

I just decided to read thru the 2016 thread to see how far out the info came and how amped everyone got - so much reading on an old thread and now I am even more anxious! I wish we knew it would be a 4am drop again that night, whenever it is, is going to be a long one

:welcome: Yes, it's comforting to know there are others stressing over the "drop"! I'm not even eligible this year, cause we are staying offsite, but next year is a big graduation and a definite on property stay. My sweetie is not going with me this year....it's a bit to hectic for him, and he doesn't like the heat. He's going on his own road trip out west. But I'm all in. I'd go every year if I could. So I'm looking to see what will drop this year, to guess what may happen next year. It's all about the fun, and the stress mixed together!

Haha. I did that last year.

I just decided to read thru the 2016 thread to see how far out the info came and how amped everyone got - so much reading on an old thread and now I am even more anxious! I wish we knew it would be a 4am drop again that night, whenever it is, is going to be a long one

I did the same thing but felt like it wasn't that active right before and after but so many thread split ups maybe some were posting elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter