• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
My MDE did the update... and I can't figure out how to go to the main page to see how many days till my trip, nor can I find how to get back to edit my ressie!! I'm sure it's something simple but I feel like I have clicked on everything!! Any tips?!

Never mind.... I can do it from logging in from the website, just can't do it from the MDE App!!

Last edited:
I have two rooms booked at POP for December. I do not have a modify button on my reservation online. I called disney and they told me that it's 50/50 if they do or not. I don't feel real positive about being able to modify when FD drops.

My TA did double check my original booking with the Savory Summer Offer and to upgrade to the QSDP it is $30.25 per adult. It's $605 for the two of us to upgrade for 10 nights.
Wow...so different than other people are reporting. I wonder what she would say the cost is to upgrade to the DDP from Summer Savory. It seems to be going up!

Has anyone heard what the cost will be for the breakfast/dinner buffet at CBR that is going to replace the food court during renovations? I called and asked Disney about 10 days ago and they didn't have the pricing set yet, just wondering if anyone has an update? We usually get breakfast at the resort oop, then use the dining plan for lunch/dinner in the parks...

I have two rooms booked at POP for December. I do not have a modify button on my reservation online. I called disney and they told me that it's 50/50 if they do or not. I don't feel real positive about being able to modify when FD drops.

I do not feel comfortable attempting to modify my existing reservation with the change button since in the past I have had it work and at other times in the middle of my checking out a pop up said I needed to call.
If FD or a Room discount is offered for my week I plan on just booking a new reservation.

We LOVE the Halloween party!! Here are just a few reasons why....
  • Boo to You parade (Headless Horseman rides at the start of the parade)
  • Hallowishes fireworks (my favorite)
  • special SotMK card
  • dance parties
  • special party merchandise
  • Halloween party magic shots
  • low wait times for rides
  • special character meet and greets
  • Haunted Mansion CMs all decked out for the party (great photo op)
  • Cadaver Dans
  • candy, candy, candy
I feel like I'm forgetting something :scratchin. :laughing:

Very excited about mnsshp. Never attended before and your list is a guideline and a teaser to things to come

No the last year for gratuities was 2007, maybe part way through 2008.

My first FD was after the change in 2008. If I remember correctly, Value resorts still received the DDP up to 2010. I can't recall if that year I booked a bounceback or not so it may have been different if it wasn't a bounceback.
That's right! We were there dec 07 in a value with FD. Forgot it was the regular ddp and no gratuities! Oh how things have changed!

Can I pay for this with my CBR gift card?
Is it worth the cost and time, what exactly happens at this party?
I think someone answered your first question already and yes, technically it is allowed but it depends on if the party has already been sold out or not. What I've heard is that we're getting the GCs upon check-in. Some days (particularly those nearest to Halloween) sell out almost every year, others are random. If you are okay with missing the party if it's sold out then you can wait to buy until you get there an have the GCs. Another note is that day-of prices are generally a few dollars higher than advanced sales. It's up to your preferences!

As far as if it's worth it, this will be my first one but based on what I've heard/seen/read then I think it's worth it for me. I love dressing up for Halloween so the costume side of things is attractive to me. The parade is supposed to be spectacular, as is the Hocus Pocus show (personal fave of mine). There are special Halloween fireworks, character appearances, trick or treating, themed treats and merch, and other shows. Not to mention parties are generally less crowded than a normal day at the MK so ride lines (most attractions will be running during the party) are much shorter! So if those things sound fun to you and your family, then I would go for it.

Has anyone heard what the cost will be for the breakfast/dinner buffet at CBR that is going to replace the food court during renovations? I called and asked Disney about 10 days ago and they didn't have the pricing set yet, just wondering if anyone has an update? We usually get breakfast at the resort oop, then use the dining plan for lunch/dinner in the parks...
Somewhere I believe I read the breakfast buffet would be a qs credit. But no price. And if it's buffet could you load up 1 plate and take it back for everyone to share?

My MDE did the update... and I can't figure out how to go to the main page to see how many days till my trip, nor can I find how to get back to edit my ressie!! I'm sure it's something simple but I feel like I have clicked on everything!! Any tips?!

Never mind.... I can do it from logging in from the website, just can't do it from the MDE App!!
Click on or swipe up where your character avatar is

:offtopic:It seems to be a bit slow this morning. So I'll ask this question: Where is your favorite place to just sit and relax in any of the parks?

This is our plan if we end up with free dining. We'll be there opening weekend unfortunately so there will be crowds but we plan to eat around the World Showcase in the afternoons and then hop to another park when the evening crowds roll in. Hopefully that will work. We've never been for food and wine and it was a nice surprise that it was starting Labour Day weekend this year! :)
Thats our plan too!! So excited to sample everything!!

I have 0% confidence. That's why I will just make a new reservation and cancel mine.

Also to those that said MM is nonrefundable. It is completely refundable before 45 days out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter