• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think perhaps this woman is nuttier than we are.... article titled "woman charged with choking teen for blocking view at Disney fireworks show". I really don't know what to say. Hope I have a better grip than this woman lol!!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...kes-teen-for-blocking-view-at-disney.amp.html

Insane
However, I also get so sick of stalking an area getting a seat and then having someone stand up in front of me or holding the kids on their shoulders.

FWIW, the Air Canada Disney promo page is down right now. Which means exactly.. nothing - but I felt it worth mentioning :rotfl:.

I'm quiet today because my dog decided to get me up at 4am and I couldn't go back to sleep. I also woke up to snow. Neither of things make for a happy pigletto. :crazy2:
It's still down; I don't know why, but I see this as a really good sign; along with the link I posted yesterday with the booking end date of Aug 7th, we may yet be getting somewhere; fingers crossed; of course I could be totally off base as well:oops:
:tinker:

Closer to the beginning of this thread, I didn't have the Change Reservation button and MDE. I finally got it about a week or two ago, only to find that it still told me I had to call to change my reservation. Today I go on and I have the actual CHANGE button on the reservation details page!!!! It would let me add a discount if one was available. I'm so excited!!! Now I won't have to call and I can add FD, if available, when it drops! :yay:

Also, I'm at CBR with the GC. I asked a CM if modifying the ressie would eliminate the GC and she said no. The only way it would change is if you change resorts. She said they spoke with the reservation department last week because lots of guests were asking if they could still get the GC and FD if it comes out at CBR. They said yes (but we already knew that).

I was concerned that I would have to call to keep my gc because I didn't want to mess anything up, but she assured me that I could go online and add the discount and still get to keep the gc since the it was booked before Mar 20. Just passing this along and I know others were asking the same thing early on.

Has anyone heard anything different than this?

Insane
However, I also get so sick of stalking an area getting a seat and then having someone stand up in front of me or holding the kids on their shoulders.
IMG_20150922_192518.jpglast year at world of color in Cali adventure this wonderful person pushes his way in front of all of us that had been waiting for about an hour in a fastpass viewing area. Mind you, he was about 6'4" on his own without the girl. I almost lost my mind haha :)

While I agree that she shouldn't have choked the girl, I understand why she might have wanted to! I know several times we've staked out a spot for parades, fireworks, whatever, got there early and waited, only to have someone try to squeeze right in front of us when the show starts. When I was a kid (about 11) my mom yelled at someone for literally pushing me back and plopping her kid right where I had been standing (in front of the railing in world showcase) waiting for illuminations. This woman put her hands on me and pushed/pulled me backwards! My mom is very ladylike, and I'll always remember this as the only time I've seen her get angry and nasty with someone

Closer to the beginning of this thread, I didn't have the Change Reservation button and MDE. I finally got it about a week or two ago, only to find that it still told me I had to call to change my reservation. Today I go on and I have the actual CHANGE button on the reservation details page!!!! It would let me add a discount if one was available. I'm so excited!!! Now I won't have to call and I can add FD, if available, when it drops! :yay:

Also, I'm at CBR with the GC. I asked a CM if modifying the ressie would eliminate the GC and she said no. The only way it would change is if you change resorts. She said they spoke with the reservation department last week because lots of guests were asking if they could still get the GC and FD if it comes out at CBR. They said yes (but we already knew that).

I was concerned that I would have to call to keep my gc because I didn't want to mess anything up, but she assured me that I could go online and add the discount and still get to keep the gc since the it was booked before Mar 20. Just passing this along and I know others were asking the same thing early on.

Has anyone heard anything different than this?
Great that your modify button works and thanks for sharing the CBR info; I'm really hoping they will include it in FD :Pinkbounc

oh man, no way would I be ok with that. I would have said "We have been here holding our spot do not block our view. and I, unfortunately, get loud. He would have known he was being shamed for trying that in front of my family.
these are almost reasons to pay for the party and desert party things. I hate hate hate when someone thinks that's ok.

View attachment 229922last year at world of color in Cali adventure this wonderful person pushes his way in front of all of us that had been waiting for about an hour in a fastpass viewing area. Mind you, he was about 6'4" on his own without the girl. I almost lost my mind haha :)

Back when it was possible we devoted quite a lot of time to getting the perfect parade spot. I would say that stopped with our 2011 trip. We waited probably 2.5 hours on the curb as we had always done. Then 10 minutes before a family sits on the road where the parade is going to come right in front of our curb spot. I told them they wouldn't be able to stay there (kindly) but of course they just ignored me. Then when the castmember came by who had seen us waiting there for a long time, she told them to scoot back. I politely said we've been waiting here (i have multiple health issues but so far have kept walking and been able to not have to go ecv and kind of needed that sit spot) to the castmember. The CM ignored me and just told everyone to scoot back. I wasn't going to start a thing over it but that was the last time we did that. Now I just get there when I get there and see what I see. We've even just watched the fireworks from behind the castle.

oh man, no way would I be ok with that. I would have said "We have been here holding our spot do not block our view. and I, unfortunately, get loud. He would have known he was being shamed for trying that in front of my family.
these are almost reasons to pay for the party and desert party things. I hate hate hate when someone thinks that's ok.

Selfish people can't be shamed though. That is what I have found.

The CM I talked to said we should call to add FD to a CBR ressie. She said she wouldn't risk it because its a different type of promo so it might not automatically stay with the change.

I had a horrible nightmare last night where I dreamed I woke up in the morning to find that FD had dropped in the middle of the night with no warning and everything was gone!!! Then I had another dream that all the flights shot up in price while I was waiting for FD to drop and I couldn't afford my plane tickets. This wait is doing nothing good for my psychological well being.

I'm quiet today because my dog decided to get me up at 4am and I couldn't go back to sleep. I also woke up to snow.

Let's hope your dog is training you for 4am Monday! :)

It's still down; I don't know why, but I see this as a really good sign; along with the link I posted yesterday with the booking end date of Aug 7th, we may yet be getting somewhere; fingers crossed; of course I could be totally off base as well:oops:

It's up again but no changes. :(

UPDATE: The website is back up and it is the old offers; no hints of FD :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter