******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we had a room booked now and FD comes out and happens to overlap with our stay, what do we need to do to upgrade to the FD offer? Will a simple phone call to reservations suffice? Is there an extra charge or will the booking need to be tweaked. Will any initial reservation work or should we book something unique, like club level or a premier view? Can a simple standard room at Poly booked now, for instance, be eligible for a FD upgrade should the FD offer overlap?

When/if FD becomes available, only Disney knows how many rooms and what kind of rooms. The announcement will include dates and resorts where it MAY be available. Just because you have a room at one of those resorts and on the correct dates does not guarantee you will get FD. They may only allow water view rooms there. They may only have garden view. Or they may have standard or some other category, but you won't know if what you have or want is available until you either check online or call. Online usually opens before 7 a.m. which is the earliest you can call. If you have a room booked, and your check-in date is within the FD dates, you can try to modify/change it online. If that doesn't work, you could book a completely new reservation with FD and cancel the other one. Or you could wait and call in at 7 a.m. along with about a million other people.

:tigger:Hey everyone! I've been stalking this thread for a few weeks now hoping for FD in November. Luckily our dates are flexible but want to finalize those ASAP so hoping for it to drop soon! Anyway, I'm following users that folks have mentioned gave some early leaked details in past years - so far I have black562 and danny25. Are there any others I should be following? TIA and happy planning to you

Yay for your first post!
:welcome:

This is way off topic and a huge downer but I'm super sad today because we are putting our sweet doggie down. He has cancer and it's time. Lots and lots of tears in our house today. We are at the park now. Just gave him a cheeseburger and an ice cream cone. I could use some pixie dust for sure!!!
I'm so sorry. It hurts so much.

This is way off topic and a huge downer but I'm super sad today because we are putting our sweet doggie down. He has cancer and it's time. Lots and lots of tears in our house today. We are at the park now. Just gave him a cheeseburger and an ice cream cone. I could use some pixie dust for sure!!!

So sorry to hear this. I just lost a cat that had been a part of our family for 17 years. She was older than all three of my grandsons. It was very hard when the time came, but my vet is very good with animals and their owners. She even asked if any of us wanted to stay with her during the procedure. (We chose not to.) But our vet assured us that it was time and the right thing to do. Your dog will be missed, but you provided him with a good home and love. What else could any of us want?

Wouldn't it be so nice to wake up tomorrow and see that Fabulous Free Dining offer!!!

With dates available that fall within all of our desired travel times!!!

I think it'd be hilarious if FD dining dropped overnight. Everybody on here staying up all night all of these Sunday nights...and then it drops on a Thursday morning with no warning? You'd be able to hear the heads exploding. :scared1:

I know, but if we're paying for it, we're gonna use it. Most likely to hop to parks in the evening for nighttime entertainment. MVMCP is going on several nights while we're there, and we've already done the party several times, not doing it this year. So we'll go to MK on a party day (usually very uncrowded on party days), and maybe hop to Epcot or somewhere else for their night time entertainment.
This is why we ❤ ph to go to another night time show or restaurant

What MK sign?

jZeHlPp2.jpg

ANother day with no fd. Although in better news my dh gets to pick his vacations tomorrow so at least can firm up our dates. :wave:

I feel like the past 2-3 years we had a "heads up" about FD. I knew for sure the night before, I think the dates/resorts were not 100% accurate though

I thought I was the only one who hadn't tried a Dole whip yet!:teeth: With 2 snack credits per person this year I think I will try it this time too. I think the one's at the Poly are slightly different. Does anyone know what the difference between the Dole Whips are?
From what I can tell, it looks like you can get either the regular dole whip or add vanilla swirl to it at the Poly, but at MK it's just the regular dole whip. I asked the girls which one they wanted to try and of course they said "both".

Oh I'm so so sorry! Pets are sure an important part of the family! Sending hugs and lots of pixie dust your way today and all the days to come!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter