• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out and saw blacks post of fb and said to my dd, the boards will be crazy tonight! Not using FD this year, enjoying watching after being on the hunt last year. But was hoping for next year. Not sure a moderate will be worth it to me but the values are going to go quick. Cheering you all on!

I was out and saw blacks post of fb and said to my dd, the boards will be crazy tonight! Not using FD this year, enjoying watching after being on the hunt last year. But was hoping for next year. Not sure a moderate will be worth it to me but the values are going to go quick. Cheering you all on!
It makes the Deluxe more desirable as well.

Looks like free dining could be dropping on April 24. Minimum of 4 nights, maximum of 14, with park hopper and park hopper plus add on. Check in dates: 8/13-9/30, 11/14-11/20, 11/25-11/27, 12/3-12/23.

As always, information is fluid and more detail will hopefully come.
How many days on the park tickets?

THanks for posting the info, but it really seems like Disney is nickel and diming FD to death, which is probably their intention. So now, it seems like not only do you have to upgrade to PH tickets but now you have to add PH+ option as well? That's another chunk of change in addition to the seeming QS only for values AND mods. At this rate, free dining really will be dead in a couple of years. The difference now, between what really was free dining a couple of years ago and now for my family is about $700, or basically a wash.
Last year for us going to Disney. I hope the rich people spend a lot of money.

Last edited:

So I have a reservation at CBR Nov 10-17 and I'm already getting $75/night in gift cards. The only other week that has available rooms during FD is the week before Christmas. I would rather get a full week of free dining but I'm worried I'll lose my gift cards Switching to a value resort won't work because we are a family of 5 so I'd need 2 rooms. Anyone know if we lose gift cards for switching dates?

According to the 2 CMs I spoke to (one was a supervisor), both assured me I would not lose my $75 gift cards just because I altered my dates. The gift cards are linked to your reservation number, so unless you cancel your reservation and make a new you, you should be good.

Ok, I need your help. Our dates are 8/15 (arriving late, no park) & leaving 8/21 (picked up early) at CBR with $75 gift card. 5 day pass purchased with Disney dining plan. We are set on that plan, we love sit down dinners. If we can get free dining, is it worth it to drop to a 4 day pass w ph and water park (it's all one now, right?), and upgrade dining? Do you think we'd be able to get dining w gift card? Thanks for the help!!!!

Ok, I need your help. Our dates are 8/15 (arriving late, no park) & leaving 8/21 (picked up early) at CBR with $75 gift card. 5 day pass purchased with Disney dining plan. We are set on that plan, we love sit down dinners. If we can get free dining, is it worth it to drop to a 4 day pass w ph and water park (it's all one now, right?), and upgrade dining? Do you think we'd be able to get dining w gift card? Thanks for the help!!!!
Or should we go to pop? My husband is over 6 feet and likes a larger bed. That's a concern...

Oh, man, this is so exciting!
We are going November 12-19, though. Do I try to book a separate FD package for November 14-19, then see if I can modify my original one for November 12-13??

OK, I don't know who this blacks' is but can someone link the post or the details ?

*** Cancel, I found it, pg 380

Can two reservations be combined? I have a RO reservation at POP for December 5-8 and package with hoppers and dining from 8-18. If I call can they combine both reservations so I can apply the free dining offer when it's released?

Well I just talked to DH and we are going to book outside of Disney. We may get 3 day Florida resident tickets no PH and eat one CS meal in Disney for lunch. If this is what will be offered it is just not worth the money to stay on property. We are now also looking at Universal for 3 days and one day at Disney. We shall have to wait and see. :sad::sad1::sad2:

Personally I am shocked that FD includes check ins up to Dec 23rd... so tons of folks are going to have FD over Christmas and NY break? That does not make sense from a money standpoint to offer that when it is always heavily booked. I am happy for folks that will get it!!!! Just confused as to why it is happening.

Also, any idea why AS Movies is excluded? That is what I was hoping for if POP was booked when I need it. ( planning for 9/6-9/13 but can move a day or two either direction) Any tips on booking if my first choice is not available? Best to move a day each way and try again, try AS or ?????

Thanks, and good luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter