******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have offered significantly discounted 4 day tickets, 1 park per day now, for almost all of 2017. The prices still aren't quite right, but they are trying to discount the actual tickets to get people in...

You are right. This is the case I get with telescope vision. Because we like to space out our trips we tend to get 8-10 days of tickets. I had seen the 4 day rate but doesn't seem like that good of a deal to me because the day rate gets SO cheap once you are paying for 10 days. But for people who do shorter trips this is an incentive.

What's in the welcome packet? I don't remember.

Also for those that don't go check in. When can you use your MB for entry and dining? Like what triggers it? I would love to skip that part.
It has resort map and parking pass and info booklet. It used to come in a big folder. Now I think it's a big envelope. I just put that stuff in my scrapbook I make of every trip.

You can always book an entirely new reservation yourself online the morning FD drops and transfer it to your TA (if you choose)

True but I'd lose my gift card deal and that's only reason I'll stay there but I guess if it's the only mod offering FD I will book my own just to be safe.Hoping other mods will offer it for group of five

I

That really stinks. I've been doing free dining for years and it never even occurred to me that the AP would keep me from getting it. So my only deal is going to be AP room only discount? I'm pretty disillusioned right now.

I may be wrong, and I'm sure someone will correct me, but you can use your 4 day tickets after your Annual Pass runs out. Then while you're there, use it to upgrqde to your next Annual Pass.

Any chance they offer free dining a few days early to Disney Visa holders? Wish this was dropping tomorrow. I dont think I can handle waiting another week, lol.

I have one kid with anxiety and sensory issues. The other OCD and sensory issues. So I get the obsessive worrying that isn't always logical. Just curious what the difference is? Does he worry it will break, run out of batteries? Not asking for any other reasons of curiosity and understanding making plans to squish as much of this so they can have fun and be kids for awhile.

Honesty, I'm not really sure. He worries about turbulence, not being on time, no snacks, etc. Nothing major to me but to him it is. I told him I would buy all the snacks on united but it didn't ease his worries. Jetblue is at most 150-200 difference in flights if I book early. I'm not flexible on dates so if I had flexibility I could probably get a better price with other airlines.

Anyway I look at it the best deal is fd for my family of 5. Even if I have to upgrade from the QS plan it still saves me the most. Even two rooms at pop. The exchange rate sucks so the less it is in U.S. Funds the better it is for me!

Any chance they offer free dining a few days early to Disney Visa holders? Wish this was dropping tomorrow. I dont think I can handle waiting another week, lol.
it's been a few years now since that happened. :-(

last year Visa holders could book an extra week in August for FD which only helps if you want to go to Disney that week. Also some thought that there was a different "pool" of FD rooms for DVisa holders but not sure on that.

Used be great when DVisa holders got a 3-4 day head start on FD.

it's been a few years now since that happened. :-(

last year Visa holders could book an extra week in August for FD which only helps if you want to go to Disney that week. Also some thought that there was a different "pool" of FD rooms for DVisa holders but not sure on that.

Used be great when DVisa holders got a 3-4 day head start on FD.

Those of us in Canada had that extra week in Aug also

I have a reservation at POR Dec 17-26 to celebrate my 11 year wedding anniversary. I am new here, so how reliable is the news that just came out? We are taking our 4 year old, so should I go ahead and book a 2nd reservation for a standard room at POP just in case? I am afraid that if I wait until the 24th, rooms at POP will be gone. Upgrading from QS to the regular dining would still be less than my stay at POR, so saving money sounds good. My #1 choice is POR, but sounds like it wont be included, and even if it is, we would only get QS. We are wanting to take our daughter to all of the character dining spots.
If I'm understanding you correctly, that Pop is your backup plan in case you DON'T get FD at POR, then yes it makes sense to book Pop now.

Ok, maybe this is just me. I see people talking about staying offsite a lot. I went with a group once and we stayed offsite. I'm sorry, I just didn't enjoy it as much. Having to drive back and forth to the hotel that wasn't nearly as nice or as clean as the resort. Not being "immersed in the magic" the whole trip. I dunno. It just wasn't the same. For me anyway.

:thumbsup2I agree with you. Last year was our first complete onsite trip to DW for 14 days. :love:I loved that my husband got to relax and leave the driving to someone else. I didn't mind the waiting for buses or even standing when riding in a packed bus. It was just such a blessing to have been able to stay that long at POR.:littleangel: We are aiming at staying onsite this year again. However, if it's between offsite or no DW at all I'll take offsite with no complaints! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter