******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honesty, I'm not really sure. He worries about turbulence, not being on time, no snacks, etc. Nothing major to me but to him it is. I told him I would buy all the snacks on united but it didn't ease his worries. Jetblue is at most 150-200 difference in flights if I book early. I'm not flexible on dates so if I had flexibility I could probably get a better price with other airlines.

I understand. My eight year old worries too.

Joining in on the watch! :wave2: we are booked for Contempt (first time ever yay!) - but our check in date is Oct 1!! We will just miss it and there is no availability to switch! I'm a visa holder so I'm hoping there is some truth to the separate pool of rooms! Good luck everyone!

I apologize if someone has clarified this previously, but I don't see anything about it. I'm a newbie at FD promotions--we've never had a vacation coincide with (rumored) FD.

I currently have an August 11-17 reservation at CBR. I have checked online and I do have the change reservation option, so it looks like I'll be able to make the changes without calling in.

So I know I will need to change my dates (thinking 13-18 at this point, if available). I'm assuming I would change the dates first.
Question 1: Do you think I should change my dates before the 24th, or do you think I'll be ok to do it on the 24th?

Question 2: Then do I need to select "Change Vacation Offer", or do I need to go down to "Add Dining Plan" to add the FD? I'm just not sure where the offer will be hidden on this page.

Thanks in advance for the advice you experienced FD folks can offer!

I would think you'd have to change the vacation offer. Adding the dining plan definitely won't get you the free dining offer.

I apologize if someone has clarified this previously, but I don't see anything about it. I'm a newbie at FD promotions--we've never had a vacation coincide with (rumored) FD.

I currently have an August 11-17 reservation at CBR. I have checked online and I do have the change reservation option, so it looks like I'll be able to make the changes without calling in.

So I know I will need to change my dates (thinking 13-18 at this point, if available). I'm assuming I would change the dates first.
Question 1: Do you think I should change my dates before the 24th, or do you think I'll be ok to do it on the 24th?

Question 2: Then do I need to select "Change Vacation Offer", or do I need to go down to "Add Dining Plan" to add the FD? I'm just not sure where the offer will be hidden on this page.

First, from the Disney homepage click "Special Offers" and you will see Free Dining promo when it becomes available. If, for some reason you don't see it when others on here are confirming it's available, clear your browsing history and refresh. Disney's website can be a little wacky sometimes. Especially when it's experiencing heavy traffic.

Second, I personally have never needed to modify an existing reservation so I'm not very helpful with exactly how that process works. I know it's done often I'm just not sure of the exact process on the website. If, when FD drops, it seems like too much of a hassle to modify, or if the website tells you it can only be done by calling on the phone, you can always book a completely new reservation then cancel your existing reservation. Phone lines will have hours-long hold times the morning FD drops. Even if it is the same dates, resort, etc. that you currently have. If you have already made dining reservations they will not be affected. They will remain intact.

I'm sorry if this was already answered. I have a reservation but the "change reservation" takes me to a page that does not work - stitch saying the page is broken. So will I be able to make another exact same reservation online when free dining drops if that reservation is still active or do I need to cancel my current reservation prior to free dining? I have been nervous cancelling because we are going either way but I want/need freee dining Thank you so much for your help!!

There are people more experience so someone else chime in. Just quiet around here today.

I would change my dates ahead of time.

You will need to change your reservation and select the offer. Just adding dining won't get you free dining.

I'm sorry if this was already answered. I have a reservation but the "change reservation" takes me to a page that does not work - stitch saying the page is broken. So will I be able to make another exact same reservation online when free dining drops if that reservation is still active or do I need to cancel my current reservation prior to free dining? I have been nervous cancelling because we are going either way but I want/need freee dining Thank you so much for your help!!

I would try to make a new reservation if that doesn't work then call at 7am. Don't cancel your reservation you already have especially if you are going regardless.

Yes you can book an entirely new reservation first, then cancel your existing one. Only caveat is you will have to pay a new deposit for the second reservation when you book it. Then when you cancel your first reservation Disney will refund the deposit you made for that one. It can a few days for the credit to post back to your bank account, credit card, or whatever method you used to pay it. So if having a second deposit tied up for a few days doesn't bother you it's all good and will work fine.

Ok, I'm sure this has been answered, sorry, but where are we getting the 4 am time from? Last year it was 6 am (I'm in central time.) Did that change? I'm already not holding my breath since my resort has no availability, but I want to be ready just in case :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter