• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so free dining is not going to be an option for us. I know from following the thread last year the weekend before it dropped the room only discounts were also leaked. Is there any rumours about RO discounts floating around out there? Does anyone know if there is a fall RO discount thread? I can't seem to find one but I'm pretty new here.

I would like to see either one of those or James Earl Jones. We saw Blair Underwood in 2015 and he was really good. Just hoping it's someone good when we are there this year!!

Agree on James Earl Jones. Have seen the CP twice the narrator will determine whether to go or not in the future.

Ok, since it looks like we have another week to wait. This is off topic but are there any rumors for Candlelight Processional narrators? Also, who are some stars you would like to see do the CP?

Do the stars usually do a long stint as narrator or one offs?
I reckon Lin Manuel Miranda will do one if that's the case. He's made a massive cultural impact since late last year - Hamilton and his Disney projects - Moana and Little Mermaid music, filming Mary Poppins. Plus he's a well-known Disney nut.

Can I ask why people are all about POP? If I had to stay value I would probably be more interested in AoA, but everyone here seems to be prioritizing POP?

You can actually edit a page and not upload the latest version to a set date. This is fairly common and I do it all the time when I publish Disney reviews on my blog.

True. But would Disney have some one doing the edit at 2am EST on a Saturday? Where would their IT be? Could be possible if they're located in Hawaii!!

Because AOA small rooms are not included in FD.. historically
That and people prefer PoP generally over the All Stars.. I believe the AoA suites were always included, but the little mermaid rooms were not... correct me if I am wrong. Pop generally speaking for a value has great reviews.. We stayed there once and it was nice ( for a vallue). those budget minded folks, where FDing and character meals are a priority, consider Pop as a value and use the savings from a rack Moderalte to get the QS FD and upgrade to the DDP... I know many do that. Especially if the room is only used to sleep in and the extras a mod/delux offer are not that important compared to Disney Dining.

Can I ask why people are all about POP? If I had to stay value I would probably be more interested in AoA, but everyone here seems to be prioritizing POP?
We've stayed in values, mods and deluxe resorts and Pop is one of my favourite resorts. We love the vibe there! :goodvibes

AoA only has 2 room categories - standard Little Mermaid ones and Suites. Little Mermaid rooms are not included in free dining and the price for a suite is higher than a standard room at a moderate. If you don't need a big room, it's a lot of money for a Value resort.

So Pop gets the thumbs up for people wanting a standard or preferred room with free dining.

OK so free dining is not going to be an option for us. I know from following the thread last year the weekend before it dropped the room only discounts were also leaked. Is there any rumours about RO discounts floating around out there? Does anyone know if there is a fall RO discount thread? I can't seem to find one but I'm pretty new here.

Look above you!!

Here's the details from last year that dad's guide to WDW posted.

Here are the details -

Travel Dates - August 25 - October 1, November 15 - November 21, November 26 - November 28, December 10 - December 21

Book by - August 31

Details - get the Disney Dining Plan "free" when you book a 3-night or longer reservation in a qualifying Disney Resort. A 2-night Magic Your Way ticket with an option (Park Hopper or Water Park Fun and More) is required.

Thanks. I must have the minimum nights mixed up. But, for some reason, that just stuck in my head as 4 days. Forgive me. :thanks:

concerning the website posting from Disney last night... Some think Disney does stuff like this on purpose to get a feel for the reaction. Last year it was the 2 credits for some buffets that came up online.. there was an uproar and then nothing. Sometimes companies release things in the web/press to get a feeling.. Disney has been known to post and then pull things

These dates are different than the rumored dates....

The 13th start date may be for Disney Visa Holders who sometimes get an extra week of FD the GP doesn't. That would have the GP offer starting around the 21st. The end date is the same. As for the "most" dates, they only need to include 51% of the dates in free dining to be able to say "most".

Any news on Disney Visa cardholder FD? Should it be assumed that it's the same as the rumored dates? And starting the same day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter