• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now according to the free dining rumor my dates won't be available for the promotion. I'm planning on changing my dates, should I go ahead and do that now? Then modify my package for free dining?

What were your dates again? And you were switched to SSR right?

I have a question and would love some advice on it. I am also stalking this thread and hoping for the best on FD. This is the first year I have used a TA too, usually I plan everything and I am fanatical about it. We are staying at CBR for 10 nights with 2 rooms. In one room only 2 adults and other is 2 adults and 17 & 10 year daughters. We requested adjoining rooms because the other two adults are my children too. If the rumors are true and the mod's only get QS would it be a good idea to upgrade only the room with the 2 adults to the deluxe since we have at the least 36 TS we want and most would be 48. I figure if we can do that it would save us over $500 rather than upgrading everyone to the DDP. I have figured we will have more than enough QS meals to last all 6 of us as well.

Does this sound like a good plan to anyone and am I right in that the meals from the deluxe can be used as TS for all 6 of us? Just trying to get this straight in my head before I contact my TA so I don't sound like a crazy loon! ;) LOL

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
That sounds like a good plan to me!

Yes, I was switched to SSR. Right now it's booked for Nov. 10-18. Planning on switching to Nov. 27-Dec. 5

I would probably try to do it now, just in case there are any issues with switching the dates while maintaining the prices from CBR. That way it's all taken care of before the free dining drop. I was told when we made the change to SSR that we couldn't add days/people/etc. Not sure how true that is or how it would work for changing dates since that could affect pricing, but just wanted to let you know. The CM who said that was a bit snarky as I recall. Good luck though!

I would probably try to do it now, just in case there are any issues with switching the dates while maintaining the prices from CBR. That way it's all taken care of before the free dining drop. I was told when we made the change to SSR that we couldn't add days/people/etc. Not sure how true that is or how it would work for changing dates since that could affect pricing, but just wanted to let you know. The CM who said that was a bit snarky as I recall. Good luck though!
I'm going to go ahead and try. Thanks!!!

Just curious as to what is making some think that mods will only get QSDP?
This would be the first year that that has happened that I can remember.
I really don't want to pay $270ish for a POR-RR to then have to decide whether I want to stick with QSDP or pay $21ish per person per night more to upgrade to DDP.
If it ends up only being QSDP we may be better off spending a whole lot less and staying at POP and then upgrading.

I will say flame tree BBQ in ak is amazing such value and quality for a qs

sadly, my family got food poisoning from flame tree BBQ and Cosmic Rays. separate times on the same vacation. Horrible. 3 out of 5 of us down and out! :( We won't ever eat there again. It was tasty but NOT worth the pain.

Ok friends, we are under a tornado watch, so I'm out for a bit. I am super loving the chat group though, so I'll be watching my phone for those alerts along with weather alerts (priorities, haha). DH asked what the heck I was doing and I told him I was following FD without even being on the boards, whaaaat!:rotfl:i super love this thread, you guys are keeping it so fun!

Ok friends, we are under a tornado watch, so I'm out for a bit. I am super loving the chat group though, so I'll be watching my phone for those alerts along with weather alerts (priorities, haha). DH asked what the heck I was doing and I told him I was following FD without even being on the boards, whaaaat!:rotfl:i super love this thread, you guys are keeping it so fun!

be safe!!

Hi everyone! I've been following this thread and love the excitement and energy! Eagerly awaiting FD, hoping my dates work out. I've tentatively booked WL for 04/12 - 10/12... I'm open to changing dates if I need to but the standard rooms at WL seem to be few and far between around my dates. Fingers crossed all of our FD wishes come true pixiedust:

Is it Monday yet?!?

sadly, my family got food poisoning from flame tree BBQ and Cosmic Rays. separate times on the same vacation. Horrible. 3 out of 5 of us down and out! :( We won't ever eat there again. It was tasty but NOT worth the pain.
Omg that's awful!! Last time I was at cosmic rays I got super turned off two bites in and now don't plan to return

Be safe.

You live in my hometown so I am really hoping all that weather passes you by!!

Thanks for the suggestions! My boyfriend got really excited when Flame Tree came up because it's his favorit QS

Cosmic I feel weird about myself; never too many good foods there.

I was debating Pecos and possibly Satuli. But I don't know.

Be safe!!

Just curious as to what is making some think that mods will only get QSDP?
This would be the first year that that has happened that I can remember.
I really don't want to pay $270ish for a POR-RR to then have to decide whether I want to stick with QSDP or pay $21ish per person per night more to upgrade to DDP.
If it ends up only being QSDP we may be better off spending a whole lot less and staying at POP and then upgrading.

A Brazilian site that has been linked to on here a few times on here lists QS for values and mods and regular DDP only for deluxe for the free dining offer they have that's supposed to drop on the 24th. Not sure if that is what Black is basing his rumours off of, but he has also predicted QS for mods. Plus with both CBR and CSR under construction and being down some rooms, there is less inventory to fill. POFQ fills quickly and hadn't offered free dining the past couple of years, POR also fills quickly and has only offered it in aug-sep the past couple of years. With less rooms available at CBR and CSR, plus the CBR gift card offer which enticed a lot of bookings there and many others receiving free resort switches to the other mods, overall the mods don't have a lot of availability for the fall. Disney probably doesn't see a need to offer as good of a discount when most of the rooms are already booked up. Plus, several people have pointed out that Disney wants to phase out free dining, so this could be a step in that direction.

As for staying or moving to value, only you can decide. More kid friendly theming at Pop, but no pool slide, no hot tub, double beds (or if you get a reno'd room they are currently working on, 1 queen and a double size Murphy bed). Pop will probably also fill up for free dining relatively quick.

We love Crystal Palace. Coffee Is good. Service is good. AC is very cold though( my wife always carries a jacket or sweatshirt) we have been there several times but always for breakfast.

Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds the AC there uncomfortable. At first, coming in out of the heat it feels great. After a few mins though, I'm freezing! The character hugs are nice and warm though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter