• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Ron said:
BREAKING FREE DINING NEWS!!!

Here's what I have:

FD "will" drop Monday.

POR "is" included until Sept. 30th, but it's excluded for November and December.

Values and Moderates are getting Quick Service.

That's what I have. I will be away from this site for 2-3 hrs, but will be back by early afternoon.

ENJOY!!!
---------
Thank you Ron

Wish we could stay at AKL but we are traveling with my sister and her family of five so we need to stay somewhere that can accommodate their family as well. Thinking Boardwalk because they still have standard rooms available for our dates. Decisions, decisions...
Good luck...wherever you decide to stay will be awesome.

Depends on the restaurant. Some PPOs will give you an advantage to get on a popular ride early (BOG - SDMT, GG - Soarin, Tusker House - Safari, Akershus - FEA). Other PPO reservations, like Crystal Palace, could take awhile and put you behind the RD crowds.
keep in mind that what was a PPO ADR when you booked it might not be when your trip finally comes. Disney has been changing parks hours a few weeks out. I made a BOG PPO ADR last May for our November trip. 2 weeks before we arrived it was no longer PPO.

I don't agree or disagree completely with your saying, but what I do think Disney has done is hurt people with larger families. As a family of 5 we don't have many options. We choose mod hotels because we can all be together. If I go to a value and get 2 room, which usually cost more, I still run the risk of not being in a connecting room or even in the same building which then splits up my family. Considering it's a family vacation that option is off the table for me. There are no standard rooms in a deluxe resort that sleep 5. The least expensive room I found is approximately $2000 more then my current reservation and my kids wouldn't even get an actual bed. They would get to sleep on a pull out couch for our entire stay. If the cost to upgrade to a deluxe hotel was similar to the cost of upgrading the dining plan it would be something to consider but it just makes no sense to me to pay that much more to upgrade to a deluxe. I would rather just keep what I have, there is no way I would spend $2000 on food for my family while we were there. Disney might be pushing smaller families to the Deluxe hotels but they are forcing larger families to value resorts or off site. I wish Disney would start considering adding murphy beds to their standard rooms in the deluxe hotels and even the value resorts so I would have the opportunity to actually have more options and make decisions that are best for my family.
Yes, my daughter and her family have this issue...family of 5. They have to book 2 rooms, and they really can't afford to stay at the more expensive resorts.

Disney Ron said:

Here's what I have:

FD "will" drop Monday.

POR "is" included until Sept. 30th, but it's excluded for November and December.

That's what I have. I will be away from this site for 2-3 hrs, but will be back by early afternoon.

ENJOY!!!
---------
Thank you Ron

Blah!!! That QS thing for moderates is a deal breaker for me.

You need to do what you most want WITHOUT free dining. Take it out of the equation and book your vacation, then go from there on Monday.

I phrased that question badly - my apologies. my question was CAN i change a package into a RO? or do I HAVE to book a RO for that discount? (Sorry guys I don't mean to hijack the thread)

Good to know I'm getting the same info as someone else's about the GC! I have also been told that if I add a day, I will not get the extra GC.
I added a day to my reservation at CBR to the beginning of my trip by calling. I currently have the GC offer. I was told I will receive the extra day of GC since I made my reservation before the construction was announced. As long as you are modifying the original reservation The GC offer is still valid and will include any additional days you add.

Last edited:
My brain isn't working today. Lack of sleep and too much FD excitement! Can someone help me out? If FD is for the dates of 12/3 and on then I'm good. If the 12/8 date that has been mentioned a few times is accurate then I have a split-stay question.

Assuming 12/8 is the date and I check in on 12/4 with check-out on 12/10, how would the split stay work and can I access my park tickets prior to the 8th? I get that I would have to book a room 12/4-12/8 and then another room 12/8-12/10 but how exactly does this all come together?

Is my question clear as mud :confused:

Here's what I have:

FD "will" drop Monday.

ENJOY!!!
It's cool to hear information and I'm thankful for Disney Ron taking the time to share, but..... Does anyone else notice that his tag line is "it's not a lie if you believe it"?!?! :scared1:

Disney Ron said:

Here's what I have:

FD "will" drop Monday.

ENJOY!!!
---------
Thank you Ron
Not too thrilled mods are only getting QSDP but at least POR is included for the first part!!! Anyone know what time it's expected to drop?

I totally agree. Families of five. Need. More options.

I grew up in a family of five and the motels/hotels we stayed at always had a roll-away bed option for us. The Value rooms might be too small for that, but if offered would you pay an extra $15-25/night for the roll-away? I ask out of curiosity and am not doing any kind of market research.

I added a day to my reservation at CBR to the beginning of my trip by calling. I currently have the GC offer. I was told I will receive the extra day of GC since I made my reservation before the construction was announced. As long as you Modify the reservation And don't cancel.

But did you add your extra days before the March 20 (I think that was the date?) cut off? I made a res on March 8 and got the GCs. Then I called up to modify it to add 2 days, but I did this on March 15, so those 2 extra days get the GCs. Perhaps if people are modifying after the March 20 cut off, the GCs won't be given for the additional days added to the reservation.

If booking a moderate and upgrading from QS to DDP, can that be done later or does it have to be at the time of booking?

My brain isn't working today. Lack of sleep and too much FD excitement! Can someone help me out? If FD is for the dates of 12/3 and on then I'm good. If the 12/8 date that has been mentioned a few times is accurate then I have a split-stay question.

Assuming 12/8 is the date and I check in on 12/4 with check-out on 12/10, how would the split stay work and can I access my park tickets prior to the 8th? I get that I would have to book a room 12/4-12/8 and then another room 12/8-12/10 but how exactly does this all come together?

Is my question clear as mud :confused:

I don't think you'd qualify for FD because the rumor is that there's a minimum of four nights. 12/8-12/10 is three nights.

If you were to extend until the 11th, your tickets would be attached to your FD reservation. Other people have said that the CM at your resort can activate your tickets early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter