******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so torn right now... I was settled on a preferred room at Pop with my friend. In the past, I've always done Mods with the free DDP with my mom (we've gone every 2 years since i was a CP in 2011). This year, I actually want to do the QSDP because it'll give my friend and I a lot more flexibility and time to do the extras she wants to do that I normally don't factor into the plans.

Here's the thing... I've been fantasizing about POR. I really love POR and I've never stayed in the mansions section. It would be a little more than $400 to upgrade for our 6 night trip. My friend would prefer the trip cost to stay small and I'm thinking about offering to pay the difference. I'm just debating if it's worth it. My part would still stay under the amount I was budgeting when planning with a different friend... but $400 is a lot of money. Thoughts?

Have you asked your friend? Maybe discuss the differences in the two resorts with her. It's possible she may be willing to spend a little more to be in a more relaxed resort with a hot tub. Honestly, not having a hot tub is and has always been a deal breaker for me any time I stay at a hotel.

Not trying to sway you or anything, but you might be able to request a 2 bedroom lockoff villa where you have 2 different entrances and just a lockable door between the two parts- basically just like connecting rooms. Even the dedicated 2 bedrooms have separate bedrooms where you can go to get away...

Nope, not separate enough. Same resort same building is ok but maybe different floors?!?!?!

Nope, not separate enough. Same resort same building is ok but maybe different floors?!?!?!

Haha, I get it, I really do. My mom and brother are joining us for our trip. We originally had them in a separate room when we were at CBR, but then all got moved together into a 2 br at SSR. My husband is definitely a bit worried about sharing the villa, but I assured him he can go back to the villa alone whenever he wants to during the day to get away. And it helps that we will be walking distance from DS and Raglan Road had an Irish beer called Kilkenny that's hard to find and DH loves...

Travelling with family can be tough though. Good luck!

You can now use your credits to buy meals for people not on your plan, so no problem.

Based on your nights, so you would have 6TS, 6QS, 12 snacks for DDP. You can use them until midnight of your check-out day.
Thanks for the update on how you can use your meals! Good to know.
I don't NEED to spend it on anything else, but there's stuff i could buy with it that that would be a lot more practical and should probably be a higher priority... I really love POR and my friend hasn't been to Disney since she was really little, so she's relying on me for all the planning. I know she would love it when she got there, but i'm having trouble explaining to her why it's worth the extra money
How much time do you think you'll be spending at the resort? Has your friend ever stayed on site before? Does your friend enjoy the Pop type theme or does your friend prefer fancier landscaping? We have always stayed at a value so I don't know what I'm missing, but we enjoy the values and don't spend much time at the resort or in the pools.

Second week I was thinking December 8-15 third week December 15-22
We have been there both weeks. Starting around the 21-22 it starts getting very busy. Don't plan on doing much in the Magic Kingdom particularly on the weekend. We only went in on the weekend to watch the shows from the Christmas Party. They started showing them along with the parade after the last party was held. The Magic Kingdom we found to be the busiest the closer you got to Christmas and schools got out for break. Go in with a plan and you will be fine though. Also go prepared for both cold and hot weather. The temps. vary a lot in Dec. Warm days and cold nights/mornings. Some days gloves and a coat were required even.

I need to book 3 rooms. Will I be able to do this in one transaction or will I need to login 3 separate times?

Can I ask a question, why don't I book now, where I want to go (pop standard room - not really where I want to be but all I can afford) and add the free dining later? Am I missing something?

Great question and there's been a lot of debate over it. Me personally, if you want to stay at Pop, I'd reserve it now. A ton of people on here aren't very happy about the rumor that the mods are only going to get QS. And a lot of those people are talking about dropping down to a value, taking the savings, and upgrading to DDP. And a lot of those people are talking about switching to POP. If all of that is true, once FD drops, Pop is gonna fill up pretty quickly. And, yes, you can add FD later. Let me make one thing very, very clear. Having a reservation doesn't guarantee you'll get FD. It doesn't even help you one way or the other. The only thing it would do, if you made your reservation before FD drops, is it would guarantee you a room. Hope that helps.

I need to book 3 rooms. Will I be able to do this in one transaction or will I need to login 3 separate times?
All will require separate Reservation number, separate $200 deposit. I have always called for the three and four rooms I have planned, but I don't know about booking all at the same time online.

Need any help?
I think my biggest issue is deciding what's valuable. I don't know if I should stay at CBR and pay an upgrade and pay for a PH or just go earlier(my yougest DD turns 3 October 30th) and stay at either AK in a bunk bed room or somewhere else completely. It's just too many options and with finals my head hurts...lol

All will require separate Reservation number, separate $200 deposit. I have always called for the three and four rooms I have planned, but I don't know about booking all at the same time online.
I guess I can try and if it doesn't work, call at 7:00 AM.

I want to go to the Facebook page also but I can't figure this out.
Maybe this would make it easier:
"The Horse _____" -(movie with Robert Redford).
Hitchhikers ____ to the Galaxy.
fill in the blanks-they are titles of movies
City nearest our obsession. (the city we are all headed to-lol)
The ______ _________ to _________
edited to add right name! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter