******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was so quiet last night now a million newbies with questions - thank goodness it's almost done bc the repetitive questions is driving me bonkers - more than I was over FD
Yeah, but the same questions have been asked and answered for the last 6 weeks. Just because we've been here doesn't mean they have and it would be hard to read though ALL these pages. It's ok, we're all getting a little bonkers, I get it.

CCV will open July 17. The rooms aren't available until then, and it is expected that most or all of the construction will be done by when they open. Certainly the major stuff will be -- eg the new pool is also scheduled open then too. The new QS & lounge restaurant Geyser Point is already open. Roaring Forks is supposed to reopen by then as well. At least some of the cabins will be ready, as will some amount of the south wing, if not all.

There are a few threads on here that talk about the renovations and where they are at, including pictures.

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information and Questions Thread
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...las-information-and-questions-thread.3372315/

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors’ Edition)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/vwl-groupies-lovers-thread-special-collectors’-edition-updated-17-april-17.3242976/

BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread
https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...ilderness-lodge-dvc-expansion-thread.3410778/

SW
Thank you, this is a real help!!

Ugh. The ticket length is such an important piece of info for me. It's $750 more if I have to get 4 day tickets . If it's 4 days I am room only or offsite . I wish we knew for sure .

Yeah its an extra $175 each for my sister and I if the 4 day PH is required and we only want/need the 2 day since we'd only be going from a Thursday evening to a Monday afternoon.

Ugh. The ticket length is such an important piece of info for me. It's $750 more if I have to get 4 day tickets . If it's 4 days I am room only or offsite . I wish we knew for sure .

I'm sorry. I know this does not affect that many people and rumors on this came out so late (days of tickets.) Just have to wait and see I guess.

I am getting so anxious!! Can't wait to see what is dropped tomorrow. Wondering if all the rumors will hold true.

yes, they call it breakfast but you can use it whenever you want on whatever you want (withinQS)

Ok that's a little better.
My family does not really eat much for breakfast and we just like to have something like a granola bar from home and then we do early lunch.

Can I get your opinion? I stayed at Pop with FD last year and I really liked Pop. Planned on doing it again this year but after adding PH and whatnot, FD would only save me $50. So of course the crazy Disney wheels in my head start turning and I got a monorail resort bug.

I don't really love anything about the Contemporary except for its location but I can get it for about $1,700 more than Pop. Just typing that out I see it is a ton of money. But I have a 3yo and a 5yo and the location just seems so convenient and it would be nice to just see that side of things and see the fireworks at night and not have to deal with buses and whatnot. I am getting a bonus at work that I planned to use for savings so I could swing it but it's definitely not the smartest financial move. So I guess what I am asking is, is it TRULY worth it? Would you do it?

FWIW, we are staying at AKL the last 3 nights of our trip (rented points).

Our first trip was 2 nights at the Contemporary, our last trip was a week at AKL. With a 2 night trip, it was worth saving travel time. But I didn't really like the Contemporary, it has all the charm of a business conference hotel at 5 times the price. AKL on the other hand was heaven. It's gorgeous, the views of the Savannah were awesome, nicer pools. If you really want to see the fireworks from the Contemporary just book a dinner at California Grill. You can go whole hog and even take an Uber home and you would still save around $1,500 from staying there.

Lurking for years but first time posting -- how does everyone feel about modifying a CBR res with GC online? (Sorry if this has already been covered, this thread is hard to keep up with.) Don't to wait til the phones open but don't want to risk losing the GC if CBR rooms are available either. Should I just book a new res and call later to have it switched to my original reservation or do you think I'll be able to modify my res to the free dining offer?

So if I end up booking FD and then discussing it with my sister later in the day and we decide not to go how long does the $200 deposit refund take?

I am so bummed, about the mods probably getting CS plan. Still hoping that is wrong. With purchasing dining upgrade to DDP and hoppers...my deal is evaporating!
I know this would make my fastpasses a cluster...but could I buy the four-day hopper plus and then "upgrade" to a 10-day regular (one park a day) when I get there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter