******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more then a tad upset. Booked with a ta. She never told us we could love to Saratoga with no cost change. Now she's saying I can't. What the heck! NEber using a ta again

Did anyone notice the main page said the quick serve dining was 2 meals 1 snack but when you click on the link to quick serve dining link it says 2 meals 2 snacks? I have a bounce back for earlier free dining dates but prefer to check in later in September. I don't want to lose the 2nd snack per night! Can someone who calls in ask if this was a typo from last year when dessert was included?

Yes! I noticed this and had a brief moment of "oh bummer!", but the quick serve plan is definitely 2 meals and 2 snacks, so I'm going with typo!

Found this interesting....It's still showing that you get Quick Service with Value resorts and Regular Dining Plan with Moderate and Deluxe resorts. This is only coming up in the Offer Details after you've selected your dates - when it shows all the resorts and prices. It is listed correctly on the main offer page - just looks like the individual offer details haven't been fully updated.
Too funny!

View attachment 233025 View attachment 233026

Got FD at all star music, (which is what we wanted) but had to upgrade to preferred room to do it. Will have to crunch numbers but it may not be worth it at this point, the upgrade was over $370 more for our time there (10 nights) and with only 2 of us traveling the FD may not be as good a deal as a room discount since we had to upgrade. Usually room discounts are minimal at the values, but now with the upgrade it just may cancel out the FD benefit. :(

I know as time goes on things open up as people let go of reservations they aren't using- would still love to go back to standard room... so fingers crossed for all of us still looking...

Last edited:
This is false. I've booked free dining every year up until last year and if ticket prices go up- you have to pay the increase if you switch to FD. It is ultimately re-booking you. This comes up every year.
I thought that was the case too but I had a FD BB booked and I needed to change the dates a little earlier and was only charged $40 more (that earlier week was originally $40 more) I thought I was going to have to pay about $240 more because the ticket prices had gone up about $200 but they didn't charge me. Wondering if that only happened because it was a BB? I have heard you have to pay new prices if you change but I didn't!

I have been on hold for a little over a hour was unable to do anything online the page just kept thinking ? The first 20 minutes on the phone was technical difficulties and it hanging up on me. Little annoying and there wasn't any hold music either so I was like OH LORD is this even working lol now the music is atleast working so that's a little more comforting. I am booked at CBR hoping to get the FD. I did hear a rumor that they are only offering Quick service for the moderate?? Anyone know about that?

No room only discount for November and no mods available fo FD means I guess a trip isn't happening this year after all :badpc::worried:

Glad most people were able to get what they wanted. I'll keep checking but CSR has been sold out for months and only pirate rooms available at CBR.
Just reading through last nights thread now so I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet but last year they had 2 Fall Room only release dates. They did a 2nd Room Discount release for most of November and December in August.:)

Last edited:
i don't understand how anyone is even getting through the phones. I literally have been calling every second to 2 different numbers on 2 different phones.

I'm fine with the taxing on it, cause ultimately we'd be paying tax if we buy food out of pocket too, right? (same as tips if applicable to where you're eating) So even though it's not something I would have thought about, I guess it is kind of "expected"...

I'm fine with the taxing on it, cause ultimately we'd be paying tax if we buy food out of pocket too, right? (same as tips if applicable to where you're eating) So even though it's not something I would have thought about, I guess it is kind of "expected"...
It's okay with me too! I just wanted to know the "why"! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter