******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I originally booked 9 nights at CBR, then got the GC offer, then got switched to AoA Nemo for no additional cost. My TA just got thru to try to add FD, and they offered to add QS for only 146 more, but then offered to add TS for 1400 more??? That's bizzare. I took the cheap QS for now, will try to upgrade to TS later at a more reasonable cost.

you are right it is one cost no matter how many days it is. I think it is $75.00 so if you got a one day ticket $75.00 dollars or a 10 day ticket it is still just $75.00

From memory when I priced it last week, Park hopper is an additional $70ish on top of a one day ticket, $65ish on top of a 2 day or 3 day and 4 days or more it is capped at $80ish which is when the value starts increasing as it is spread out across more days.

Will you even be able to modify since you don't own the reservation?
If I can snag something she said she can pick it up and drop and switch so I don't lose my discounts. I'm just clicking refresh refresh refresh. We've saved for three years and free dining would be very helpful

Unfortunately most TA's working with top Disney agencies only make a small percentage of a trip and have absolutely NO control over what their agency will offer. Most TA's only make 6% commission on a trip, and we have to pay taxes. Its not so easy to replace things in this type of a situation. ( I had a client upset over the Hurricane last year wanting compensation which there was nothing I could do other then to call Disney and ask, when that wasn't good enough I asked my agency who said they could do nothing.. & it is what it is. )

Oh I totally understand/agree with things outside their control (weather, customer situations, etc) but this sounds like it was just a BIG mistake on the agents part, and the agent, or the company the agent works for, should have to make it right. Any other business they would have to.

Unfortunately most TA's working with top Disney agencies only make a small percentage of a trip and have absolutely NO control over what their agency will offer. Most TA's only make 6% commission on a trip, and we have to pay taxes. Its not so easy to replace things in this type of a situation. ( I had a client upset over the Hurricane last year wanting compensation which there was nothing I could do other then to call Disney and ask, when that wasn't good enough I asked my agency who said they could do nothing.. & it is what it is. )

Someone seriously wanted compensation for the hurricane, a work of God. They should've bought insurance and then they would've been covered. I had to cancel my Savannah portion of my trip last year due to the hurricane, which included a ghost tour, and definitely didn't expect any sort of compensation. Weather is out of everyone's hands unless they are mother nature. Just goes to show how some people think they are entitled.

Do Not Give Up -- just got word from my TA that our existing CBR reservation has been modified this evening with FD for 11/18-11/23. There's still a chance!!!

This morning we were lucky enough to book a package with free dining - but had to rebook at the All-Stars sports - which is totally ok - we have never been there before so sort of looking forward to it. I have not been able to cancel my previous booking online and it is impossible to get through the phone at this time. Does anyone know if they can transfer the money paid on a previous reservation to our new one - or does it have to go back our credit cards?
I think it goes back to the card. That is what my TA told me today then I can just pay it back toward my package one I get it back on the card.

How much time do you plan on spending in the room? How far could the farthest cabin be from a bus or the check in, what ammenities do they have and lastly what does the rest of your party think?

We will be in the room Just to sleep. My husband and kids are just excited to be at Disney world, I'm the only one that worries about the details:).......I didn't even think about the cabin being far from the bus, I was thinking value resort would be more of pain for buses but I should look into that, thank you!

The system will allow you to book FPs for the total number of tickets you have available in your MDE account. The tickets won't actually be used until you enter the tapstiles. We went to Guest Services to have them designate which tickets were our primaries, so the system didn't use days from the wrong ones.

I was going to ask the same question, so when you check in at your resort do you just say that you want to use the Park Hoppers and leave the others for the future. I have purchased a 6 day base ticket with the CDN discount but only 4 day PH and I don't want them mixed up.

Finally, after trying for 14+ hours, was able to get the button to change my reservation online and.....all values are completely sold out of FD rooms for our dates. :headache::sad:

I'm sorry, I know it is frustrating but KEEP TRYING. I am amazed at how many posts I have seen from people holding 2, 3 even 4 FD reservations until they can decide what one they want to actually keep. I really think there will be rooms open up here and there for the next week or so at least. Hopefully you will stumble upon one that will work for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter