• Controversial Topics on DISboards.com. Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get my rooms for free dining!!! Woohoo!! I was on at about 5:40 am EST (3:40 for me in Mountain) and was finished before 6:00 am!! I was booking two rooms at AS Sports, which is what I wanted, ended up getting standard rooms which again is what I wanted (cheap as possible is the name of the game for this trip). This will be a sister and kids trip, so 2 adults and 4 kids and we are super excited! However, in all my drowsy excitement I accidently booked my room for one extra day. So far today I have been unable to change that in my reservation, I keep getting "no availability" which is odd since it is available for 6 nights but not 5?? If all else fails, I should be able to call and get an agent to drop my extra day without having to rebook the reservation, correct? Thanks in advance for any insight.

I would think so but I keep reading posts about how disney has gotten difficult about adding/dropping days now.

Thank you! I did a little research last night about rooms and was leaning toward the Hoops section as well! My husband will love the theming, he plays basketball. Plus like you said, it isn't like you are staring at the theming anyway while inside. I will check out the boards, thanks!
we have stayed at ASSp twice most recently last November. not a big fan of the themeing, but that was the Value that our TA had a deal on for our week. Requested and got a room in the Center Court section; very quiet. Resort is compact, bus service was great. Had seen on the ASSp thread on the Resorts section that they had a new chef and the food was very good, we ate there several nights. Plus you can walk over and use the pools at Music and Movies.

We enjoyed our stay.

Ok I could of worded that a little better. I could not ever see my self paying that even if I could afford it. :rolleyes1
Must have been club level. I got a garden wing room for around $400 a night. Was that the average cost or did you click on all available rooms?

Long time lurker here. I got FD for boardwalk inn standard room. Does anyone know why there is such availability for this one? Will I be disappointed in the boardwalk? Its our first visit.

I was going to ask the same question, so when you check in at your resort do you just say that you want to use the Park Hoppers and leave the others for the future. I have purchased a 6 day base ticket with the CDN discount but only 4 day PH and I don't want them mixed up.

Not
I was going to ask the same question, so when you check in at your resort do you just say that you want to use the Park Hoppers and leave the others for the future. I have purchased a 6 day base ticket with the CDN discount but only 4 day PH and I don't want them mixed up.

Not sure if they can take care of it at the resort, but definitely one of the Guest Relations widows at one of the parks or Disney Springs. Even after you have them designate in your account the tickets that you want to make primary, you still need to watch your MDE account to make sure everything stays correct. We had APs last August and additional park hopper tickets that were purchased as part of the free dining promotion. I made sure to have them assign our APs as our primary tickets for our trip, but I happened to be looking on our MDE account a couple months later and noticed that my son no longer had a 10-day hopper. After a mild panic attack, I called Disney and they were able to reassign his tickets.

Long time lurker here. I got FD for boardwalk inn standard room. Does anyone know why there is such availability for this one? Will I be disappointed in the boardwalk? Its our first visit.
Boardwalk is great! Walk to EPCOT and HS, beautiful resort. I'd be very happy with that!

UGH, this morning showing music available the dates of my trip- booked at sports....got all the way to the last screen and it said error occurred. Started all over and room gone now :sad:

ok so this is strange.....under my res it says i still have sports but when i go to modify it, it shows my resort as music. any chance my modification actually went through earlier??

ok so this is strange.....under my res it says i still have sports but when i go to modify it, it shows my resort as music. any chance my modification actually went through earlier??
Same thing happened to me yesterday. I change a reservation from my phone during a meeting and when I got back to my desk to look at it it was not changed in my reservation page but if I went in to modify it was changed. It took a few hours for it to update and show in the reservations.

Has anyone had luck with the Disney Visa extended FD days? I saw the deal yesterday, but didn't book anything because I couldn't get onto my MDE account to update my current package. I'm actually traveling there Aug 14-21st, so this would might actually helped me out; but I can't get a call through. I did finally get into the website by using a different browser, but the deal is now gone. Any thoughts?

I've made updates that took a few hours to show up properly. I'd let it simmer for a bit and re-check. Disney is obviously having issues keeping up with this right now and I'd guess that's part of the problem.

Thank you everyone! I'm content with Boardwalk. DH is the issue. He has been going to Disney since he was a kid and his parents always stayed on the monorail. So he hates the idea that we have to take a bus to his favorite park-MK.

But the chance to use snack credits at the boardwalk bakery has helped him deal.

The kids flipped when I showed them pics of the boardwalk so 3 out of 4 of the family are excited. DH just has to suck it up and deal with the fact that the monorail resorts are not the only cool places on site.
Maybe your d
ugh that is what I want but not available for my dates, STD is ok looks out over the front of the resort and some facing Epcot rooms can see the high Illunjmations and Eiffel Tower

OMG Disney phone lines are down this morning I guess Disney can never seem to get it right .

Yeah, they are saying they are busy, but wont let you stay on, please hang up they say!

Has anyone had luck with the Disney Visa extended FD days? I saw the deal yesterday, but didn't book anything because I couldn't get onto my MDE account to update my current package. I'm actually traveling there Aug 14-21st, so this would might actually helped me out; but I can't get a call through. I did finally get into the website by using a different browser, but the deal is now gone. Any thoughts?

Mine still show availability, just not what I want.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I change a reservation from my phone during a meeting and when I got back to my desk to look at it it was not changed in my reservation page but if I went in to modify it was changed. It took a few hours for it to update and show in the reservations.

So that means I probably got it?! :yay:

Wish I could call them . Want to do due diligence. For Visa days I have a UOC reservation. But would still work better with swapping that for QSD. Site only shows RR. Its a long shot but cant hurt to call to make sure that's all they can do,,want pool or anything really except RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter