******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Off Topic....If I am staying at Poly and want to go check out Beach Club pool, can we? I know not for a full swim but just to walk around it and maybe dip our feet (in clothes, not bathing suits) or is there a gate that only Beach Club patrons can get into?

Last time we stayed at YC , CMS were at entrances giving out wristbands after checking magic bands. Id say no feet dipping, but they may let you walk through real quick. Or you could just get a drink at Hurricane Hannahs and look in through fence?

Last time we stayed at YC , CMS were at entrances giving out wristbands after checking magic bands. Id say no feet dipping, but they may let you walk through real quick. Or you could just get a drink at Hurricane Hannahs and look in through fence?

thank you

I don't know. I am guessing it won't be, simply because it's an all you can eat buffet and that would be a very good value for a quick service. I imagine it will be table service.. which kind of stinks given that they are ripping out a sizeable food court.
If we stay at CBR (still deciding) we've resigned ourselves to not eating at the resort. We would have a car.

Question for all : We have a standard room at POP right now. It would cost us $560 to upgrade to the regular DDP at Pop. OR it's $560 to stick with the counter service plan and upgrade to CBR.

I just can't decide. We are two adults and two teens. What would you do? Better dining plan but way less room at Pop? Or better room, better pool, but fewer amenities and only the counter service plan at CBR?

I can't decided for the life of me. If a Standard room opens at POR for my dates it's a no brainer. But there is nothing right now.
If it were me I would do better dining plan at pop. Right now there is no incentive to stay at CBR especially that the gift cards are no longer available. If they would give you the buffet is a quick service that might make up for some of the things that are closed. I get that you'll have a car and decided not to eat at the resort but if you only have QS dining your food options at the resort are very limited and unless you want to pay out-of-pocket for the buffet you really don't have many options. Good luck

Could someone post the link to the. WDW Dining 2017 site, please. I am waiting at hospital and don't have link on my phone. Thx in advance

HELP
If someone knows what could it be because
I change my resort this morning but in my Disney experience in my reservations I only see the first resort, no the new one
And I already got an email confirmation with the changes

HELP
I change my resort this morning but in my Disney experience in my reservations I only see the first resort, no the new one

It's happened to me before. Because the system is so busy it takes time to update. As long as you got the email you should be okay, but just keep checking on it. If it doesn't change I would recommend braving the phone lines and taking to a CM if you can. Or maybe try doing the online chat on the website?

Was able to move from ASMU to a standard CBR room this morning. Thank goodness - pirate rooms do not work for us and weren't worth the added costs, but I was starting to get antsy thinking of our family in a value sized room. I don't know why I freak out every year with free dining, haha. I always get I what I want eventually. Once even in June. Commercials promoting it don't even usually start until May in my area.

HELP
We are having the same problem. Called IT and they supposedly fixed it but it still is wrong in MDE. I'm hoping it will just fix itself after time.

Got my sil a room at pop! Now we need to choose between that and ASSp.......
Hi my last 3 trips have been at Pop and I just booked Sports for the Free Dining Quick package (I have a few nights of room only at ASSP to begin my trip) and I am very excited from what others have said over on the ALL Star Sports resort thread . Like have access to all the pools in the 3 resorts, have all the food courts available to us from all 3 resorts and being able to hop a bus from any of the resorts (if needed can grab Music and walk the short distance to Sports if that bus comes first).. I think it's going to be great! Good luck with your choice.. Michelle

First of all I want to thank Black, Steve and Ron for their valuable information! Some of you guys know how important this trip is to me, my daughter is very critically ill and I wanted this trip as a chance for her, my SIL, grandson and myself to have what is quite possibly our last family trip together. Thanks to knowing when dining was going to drop I was able to get free dining for the exact dates and resort we wanted (All Star Sports). I also was able to upgrade to DDP. The best part was I saved enough for us to be able to afford the Star Wars Fireworks dessert party AND we're going to do MNSSHP! I am so happy we have the opportunity to do this in this difficult time.

The only issue I had booking yesterday was I could only book standard view on one room, when I went to upgrade the second room only preferred was available. But I got some pixie dust today, I checked and was able to change the preferred room back to a
Home0standard room! I really wasn't expecting to be able to change it this soon, but was very happy to be able to do it.

Also need to thank the wonderful people here. I've been on the disboards a long time but never posted a lot because sometimes people could be sarcastic, or even a bit mean. This is the warmest, most helpful group I've ever encountered! So I thank all of you as well.

Terri

Terri- I wish you a magical trip and am so happy you were able to book what you wanted.

I finally booked our trip! DH and I are heading there 11/25 staying at CSR. Unfortunately, we had to cut the trip a day shorter than normal because CSR is STILL unavailable on 11/30 (has been for months), but 5 nights should be more than enough seeing as we continue to go back year after year, even after swearing we will go somewhere else next time. We have a preferred room but hoping to switch down to a standard if one becomes available. We settled on QSDP and will decide later on if we want to upgrade to DDP once I sort out schedules and ADR's if we decide to go that route. Now to be on flight watch and hope prices don't go up before we book!

That's great! Congrats!

Hey everyone, been off the board a full day, I needed a breather from all things Disney after getting up at 3:00 a.m. to book FD :) It would have been SO difficult to do without the help and advice of everyone on this board, so....thank you!!

I'd love some input on some changes I'm thinking of making....

Our current plan is CBR from 11/26-11/30. We have a std room and got FD, and do get the gift card offer, too.
We are booked at CSR 11/30-12/3.

Here are my options:
1. Keep current hotel plan (split between CBR/CSR), upgrade to DDP. (I feel like this would be worth it....but don't need to decide yet).
2. Change the last 3 nights of our trip to a Deluxe, and keep QS free dining.
3. Add one more day to our CBR reservation (Sun-Friday morning). Change the last 2 nights of our trip to a Deluxe, and upgrade to DDP. Note, this would give us one more day of FD.

I realize everyone's preferences are different, but do you think it would be better to have DDP for 5 days with 2 nights in a Deluxe, or QS dining for 4 days, with 3 days in a Deluxe? The numbers are working out to be do-able in either scenario, but a little less $$ for the 5 days at CBR option.

We would plan a half-day at the resort which we could do with either option.

It's happened to me before. Because the system is so busy it takes time to update. As long as you got the email you should be okay, but just keep checking on it. If it doesn't change I would recommend braving the phone lines and taking to a CM if you can. Or maybe try doing the online chat on the website?
Ok Thank you very much, this makes me feel better

Off topic question- Is an 8am reservation at Akershus, pretty much the only way to ride Frozen Forever without a FastPass(and without waiting 2 hrs)? Just wondering if I have any other breakfast options or ways in to beat the line. TIA!

I just checked, and there's a ton of availability for my dates still - Pop! is even still available if anyone is looking, our check-in date was September 9.

Hi guys,
I am new to this quest for free dining. At this moment, I have reservations at POP for 9/30 to 10/07 at the enchanted room package rate. I would love to get the free dining package, but my dates cannot change. My question is: "Is it worth it to keep checking the site or should I just give up?" If it helps, my party consists of two adults and a five year old with no park hopper. I would get it to get the offer, but it does lessen my amount saved.

I just changed my reservation -- so a preferred room at Pop is there now for 9/25-10/2.

Finding you guys here has truly been a wonderful thing. I was happy and grateful to even get FD (newbie) at Pop yesterday. Truly was. Now one of my DD is stalking this thread with me and she saw you were talking about looking at resorts and dates again to see if something opens up. She found us Coronado Springs for a week earlier with FD and that's no insult to Pop. I was looking forward to it. But we met a friend once at Coronado whose trip overlapped ours and I've ALWAYS wanted to stay there. I got it, FD, upgraded to TS. My dream trip. Thank you. Thank you! THANK YOU! You guys are truly the best.

Hi guys,
I am new to this quest for free dining. At this moment, I have reservations at POP for 9/30 to 10/07 at the enchanted room package rate. I would love to get the free dining package, but my dates cannot change. My question is: "Is it worth it to keep checking the site or should I just give up?" If it helps, my party consists of two adults and a five year old with no park hopper. I would get it to get the offer, but it does lessen my amount saved.

Totally worth it! Keep checking.

Thanks. Your story gives me hope. Did you check on the site or over the phone? If online, did you change your existing reservation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter