******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so sad when the dates were announced though I was prepared for this to be the case. We are leaving Aug 20, but I am a Disney debit holder. So I called to see if that counts as a Disney Visa AND IT DOES! So we got FD for our stay Aug 13-20 (we have a room Aug 12 booked at CBR) at AS-S, upgrading to the DP and PH still saved us close to $200. (We were booked under the one QS free offer that was offered earlier in the year). I was pretty happy with that!

You poor thing, that's terrible!

For our 2014 trip I was booking for a big family trip. Similar experience, got cut off, hours on hold, maybe 4 hours all together. I have such an aversion to being on hold still to this day. No way I was calling yesterday, I feel sick just thinking about it. Anyway, big hugs your way. Hope you are recovered today! :-)
I just wanna say that I still HAVEN'T received a email from Disney Visa... So much for being a member lol.
me either lol

Been lurking here for awhile watching but never posted. I was up early yesterday but fell back to sleep before FD started to be offered. We have a res at Pop for 9/27-10/7 so I hoped to get FD. I tried all day yesterday and more last night but it wouldn't allow me to change. It just said no rooms were available so I went ahead for the room discount. Then this morning I loooked and FD was there so I jumped on it! Thanks to everyone for their info and it just goes to show you should never give up!

my wonderful TA got me free dining and I saved about $600! tried room discount first but free dining was the better deal :) got all my ADRs set and even added one just for me. Spreadsheet is now complete, just waiting on if ROL packages will extend to October :D

If we're staying for 7 days, 6 nights, is the FD good for the 7 days or only 6 since we're checking out on the 7th??

It's good until midnight on the day you check out. So if you want to fly back that night and spend your last snack credit on a Dole Whip, bully for you. =)

But you upgraded to the regular dining plan too?

I did upgrade to regular dining (I had that on my original reservation). In the end I saved about $6 and got park hopper added. The goofy (pun intended) part is the I had all my ADRs set and might make park hopping difficult unless I change my plans.

what are the odds that rooms will open up (for FD) going forward at resorts that say they have no availability?
We wanted to stay at POR but the dates we picked were blacked out...and all our TA was able to get us was a standard room at All-star music (grateful that she was able to snag this for us) but my sister has a disability and needs her own bed...so this leaves me with two kids in my bed (or one of us on the floor)
we are going November 27 to December 2nd. Hoping a room at CBR opens up for that time frame. Should I ask my TA to keep her eyes open for that (or am I dreaming of something that may never occur)
We got what we wanted about 10 days after FD started last year. What we wanted before had previously said no availability until that point.

I wouldn't say the bounce back has better dates then the general public. The free dining bounce back from 2016 for 2017 was worse then the one released yesterday. It only included the first 9 days of September and then exclded the remainder of September, October and November, with a couple of weeks available in June, July and August.
That's what I meant, dates at the end of may/june and the ability to get fd over the 4th of July was great for some guests. Much more availability without having to worry about switching resorts because the one you really wanted didn't have any rooms available. I always go the second week of September so I guess it just worked out but the ability to already have it with the option to make changes later is worth it to me. It was nice to be able to book a standard room at the Wilderness lodge and not be told the only rooms left were courtyard view or higher.

Last edited:
Curiosity makes me ask.....

We are taking advantage of the free dining promotion this year with an upgrade at POR for DDP. If we were offered a BB for next year and we booked it.....how flexible are the dates once you have it booked? or are you locked in for whenever you booked it and are out of luck if you can't go at that particular time. I am never 100% sure where my holidays are going to land until maybe Feb/Mar....it would be nice to know that I could keep the BB even if I had to change my dates.

We are taking advantage of the free dining promotion this year with an upgrade at POR for DDP. If we were offered a BB for next year and we booked it.....how flexible are the dates once you have it booked? or are you locked in for whenever you booked it and are out of luck if you can't go at that particular time. I am never 100% sure where my holidays are going to land until maybe Feb/Mar....it would be nice to know that I could keep the BB even if I had to change my dates.

I slid my dates back and forth and back and forth. I paid it in full and then I canceled it. (Dumb move in retrospect!) A CM will have to reach out to the Travel Company to make sure that your dates are available.

You can try to change the dates, as long as your new check in date falls within the bb dates. I booked the FD bb last August, and I was able to take a day off my original dates a few weeks back.

What is a chap shoot? Maybe you meant crapshoot? If not, I would really like to know. :) I know people say different things in different parts of the country/world and I have never heard that one before.
Not picking in you at all if it was a typo; I am curious if that is a real saying somewhere else because you are not the first person I have heard/read say that.

Aahahaha!! Autocorrect got me. It was supposed to be crap shoot (almost got me again but I was on the lookout). Now I'm imagining a very dapper English chap out for a duel.

Stacy

I have been scouring touringplans and looking at their room photos to see where I want to request. I have the subscription with them so they will send in my request for me (yay!). Did you have waterview rooms or standard?

I love my subscription there. I was just watching them live at Epcot

Stacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter