"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the first parade is pretty packed - as I expected. I think we are committing to the second parade and just hope we can hop in somewhere around the hub for fireworks after the first parade. I just think we can get more done if we knock out all the characters we want before settling into the hub area for fireworks, HP and second parade. LOVE reading everyone's reviews and experiences! :lovestruc

Edited for spelling

Will there be at least some Oogie Boogie buckets at every party (like a certain amount including the final parties)? I have a NBC obsessed 3 year old who saw a picture of it on my phone while I was on instagram and she lost her mind over it.

Costume question:

We are doing the Mermaid Theme for costumes and the Sebastian costume is a felt, pullover sea character. the front covers the body just below the belt in the front, the tail goes to the knees in the back. It does not drag on the ground nor does it cover the face. In essence, it's more of less an oversized pullover vest.
A base layer of clothing has to be worn underneath for modesty as the sides are open. Am I going to run into any problems with security? Can I send a photo to Disney to ensure it can be worn during the party?

Last edited:

I was so excited to see this video of Daisy de la Cruz!!! :cool1::banana: This is my costume for MNSSHP!!! (And my DH is going as the Man in the red and white boxers with no pants!) So excited - going next Friday night (9/30)!!! :dancer:

Can anybody tell me the suggested time to start lining up for the 7 Dwarves??

Last edited:
I'm thinking you mean the 8:15 Hocus Pocus show? I haven't tried this (we usually watch the second parade), but my immediate reaction based on walking through the HUB area around this time is that I don't think there will be any nearby curb spots available after the Hocus Pocus show. People definitely start grabbing spots for the first parade more than an hour before it kicks off, especially in the HUB area or anywhere that you would be able to view both the parade and the Hocus Pocus show from. You may be able to leave the Hocus Pocus show and head straight to Liberty Square/Frontierland and still find a spot. If you really want to watch the parade from the HUB/Main Street area and you want to watch the 8:15 Hocus Pocus show, you will probably need to find a spot that you can stay in for both and probably start looking for that spot much earlier - maybe around 7?

I think in October the show moves to 8:35? Anyway, that's kind of what I suspected but was hoping not to be true! Thanks for the advice! I am leaning toward doing the second parade and midnight Hocus Pocus now...

This is what I was thinking too! We're doing MK (and let's be real, a little bit more F&W thank you monorail, RIP express transportation) on our party day, and I've honestly never rented a locker! Can I ask a couple of totally ridiculous questions, how much are lockers, and do you have to have coins? LOL thanks!!
They have a really nice new locker system and it takes credit cards. A medium locker cost 10 for the whole day, and you can very in and out of it all day with no issues!

Has anyone had the experience of going to the party at a later time? If we were planning to get there around 9pm, we can still see the parade, the show, and the fireworks, which is really what we're more into.. Is this advisable?

So...I know you can get your bands and do they treat bag @ main street @ 4. We only have a party ticket, so that is when we will be entering. Is it advisable to just go into the park without going through the madness that seems to exist at 4 and get the band at another location or come back to the Main St location and get it later?

Can anyone tell me how late the photopass photographers are out doing the magic shots? Are they still available after midnight or the last Hocus Pocus show? TIA!

I think in October the show moves to 8:35? Anyway, that's kind of what I suspected but was hoping not to be true! Thanks for the advice! I am leaning toward doing the second parade and midnight Hocus Pocus now...

You are right! It does! We have really good luck watching in Liberty Square on the side of the street near Hall of Presidents, right where the road turns. I thinking because of the curve there the characters have a little more time to interact with people - then you can follow the parade into the HUB area and find a spot for the Hocus Pocus show. Have fun!

Meet my son Knave of Hearts from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland!!!

upload_2017-9-20_20-56-1.png

upload_2017-9-20_20-56-11.png

Woof! So much hand sewing my little fingers and eyes hurt!!! I'll make the cape after DH & DS make the chest plate til then I'm working on DH - White Rabbit :-)

I hand sewed 22.2 yards of red cording onto the sleeves. The silver bumpy fabric below is what I used for the pants, it's hard to see from the photo with my son. It's actually a two piece outfit, the boot covers are sewn onto the pants.

upload_2017-9-20_21-37-5.png

The hearts on the collar are 3.5" ribbons hand sewn together hiding the cut ends and then strung in a row with silk thread. I then attached it to the collar and sewed on the beads. This detail was hard to see in any of the online photos taken of the original costume.

upload_2017-9-20_22-16-45.png

I'm able to sew like this because of my mom. She studied in Japan for four years and was a Master Seamstress. I use and make my own patterns and she never used them, I hope to be that accomplished in my lifetime. Love you mom.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how late the photopass photographers are out doing the magic shots? Are they still available after midnight or the last Hocus Pocus show? TIA!

We were grabbing magic shots along Main St as we left last night...most were just standing there waiting for people...and I wanted to be sure we got the Headless Horseman out front before it ended. A CM told me they take pics until 1am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter