• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading to our first party in late August. Is Dr. Facilier available anywhere else other than the Dance Party? He's on my bucket list of characters.

@dfurst05 and @wwffan7385

:welcome: to the party!!! @dfurst05 I'm sure many were happy your thoughts about the August dates were wrong. Could have started WWIII :P @wwffan7385 Dr. Facilier performs in the Hocus Pocus Show and at Club Villain 2016. He does not have a M&G like other characters.

Last edited:
The girls are into Alice and Wonderland right now. I see that they have a MG. Anyone know if that line is very long/what is a good time to meet them? The shame of it is we were in EPCOT last year and Alice had no line and my girls we not interested at the time.

Got it!

Last edited:

I was looking into this from 2016 thread and am still trying to find the answer, if anyone met with Alice & her friends last year and could assist that would be great!

@Tk0021
Found: "We were first for pooh and friends. They were a few minutes late- came out about 7:05 Ish. We watched Queen of Hearts/Tweedles and then Alice and Hatter come out right at 7 and then a few minutes later Pooh and the gang came out." 2016 MNSSHP post #6212, page 311 by @DisneyLove2015
Woot! Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Ok, I think we have decided on which day we will book the party! Thursday 5th October! It is a non park day for us, so we can just relax at the resort for the day before heading in for the party. It isn't likely to be a date that we have to buy as soon as it goes on sale is it?

Last edited:
Hey everyone can someone help me. I just checked the Special Events tickets on MDE and it states that MNSSHP is sold out. I have been off the boards for a couple of days, did I just miss out on everything or is this a glitch.

Hey everyone can someone help me. I just checked the Special Events tickets on MDE and it states that MNSSHP is sold out. I have been off the boards for a couple of days, did I just miss out on everything or is this a glitch.

No you're fine. I believe the tickets will go on sale sometime in early May.:D

A little bit of both! We usually see a map which includes Parade, shows & fireworks prior to the party. @monique5 I think would be best to answer this as she is the Host of this thread. We do get confirmation of when the Characters actually come out from DISers who post it during the first two or three parties. @Disneylover99 is just one of many who posted last year, she said we'd hear from her again this year and I believe she'll be attending the first party in August!

Also you can view last years map here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...y-halloween-party-trick-or-treat-fun.3484819/

Okay awesome, thanks! I've been trying to make myself a more detailed plan for the night and have based it off last years map and show times. Hoping things don't change too much but I'll be sure to check back here for updates!

@Disneylover99 is just one of many who posted last year, she said we'd hear from her again this year and I believe she'll be attending the first party in August!

I'm also planning to attend the first party - if anyone has stuff they need I can pick it up for them. One of my favorite years was the one I where I got to get a Mickey popcorn bucket for a little girl here on DIS. :)

Okay awesome, thanks! I've been trying to make myself a more detailed plan for the night and have based it off last years map and show times. Hoping things don't change too much but I'll be sure to check back here for updates!
Showtimes will be listed on Disney's site in advance. The map won't be available until the day of the first party (or sometimes a day or two prior, if it's leaked). Still, the map won't show which characters are meeting where - that info will come from those at the first party (and then Kenny the Pirate will add it to his map).

I was looking into this from 2016 thread and am still trying to find the answer, if anyone met with Alice & her friends last year and could assist that would be great!

Of course, I can only speak to the night that we attended in September...but Alice's line was always quite long and it seemed that they took a lot of breaks (heat?). No matter when we passed them (by the tea cups), the line was either very long or the characters were taking a break. I would have loved to meet with them, but time is a precious commodity during MNSSHP for me.

Hi everyone! Joining in to follow along and learn the ropes for our end of August trip- NEXT year in 2018 lol. It never occurred to me that a MNNSHP would be an option for us and I was kicking myself for not adding one more day to our 5 day tickets (I bought them earlier this year before the expiration started and to save some $$.)

I know a lot of people are not thrilled about the holiday creep into August but it will be a great way for us to extend out trip by a day if they continue the event in August next year and I personally don't have as much of an issue with this particular holiday extending, maybe because it benefits us or maybe because it doesn't have a religious association for me? Either way, I'm so excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter