"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t remember if anyone posted this, but has it been possible to ride Haunted Mansion a second time without getting off?

I would love to do this... maybe even 3 or 4 times.

On the bus on the way back to resort now - jet lag means we couldn’t make it all the way to midnight.

Someone asked earlier about btmr during fireworks 100% we could have done it during fireworks with no wait.

We did :
Buzz
Space
Btmr (all three before between 6-9)
Btmr x3
Peter Pan
Lantern photo
Iasw
Teacups
Space x2
People mover
Buzz
Seven dwarves
4 photopass stops down main street
Met Mickey

Also stopped twice for drinks and ice cream! Definitely could have done more but jet lag is a killer!

On the bus on the way back to resort now - jet lag means we couldn’t make it all the way to midnight.

Someone asked earlier about btmr during fireworks 100% we could have done it during fireworks with no wait.

We did :
Buzz
Space
Btmr (all three before between 6-9)
Btmr x3
Peter Pan
Lantern photo
Iasw
Teacups
Space x2
People mover
Buzz
Seven dwarves
4 photopass stops down main street
Met Mickey

Also stopped twice for drinks and ice cream! Definitely could have done more but jet lag is a killer!
Sounds like you had a good night! Thanks for responding about btmr and the fireworks. I wonder why they had it posted at 60 minutes when it was a walk on.

Looking forward to the reports from tonight, especially advice on what to do during the 7-9pm zone while Park is still open to other guests.

I used Fp earlier so was only eligible for one, but at 5 PM there were later FP for Pooh, Buzz, teacups, dumbo, barnstormer, small world, little mermaid. I even saw pirates pop up once. Pooh was available till the end of the evening, I could have gotten one after I used my 7:40 buzz FP. Peoplemover had no wait. The problem is you can’t trust the posted wait times at all. I got in the Splash line during the fireworks. It was posted 45 but was a walkon. BTMRR I got in line at 8:40, said 75 min, was 20.

Last edited:
Just checking in to say we had a wonderful time! We didn’t ride or eat as much as others have reported (we don’t move as fast as we did back in the days of E-Ticket Nights), but we did everything we wanted to do and felt it was worthwhile. Weather was perfect. Bus home was shared by Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (with transfer service to Ft. Wilderness), Poly & GF. Sleeping in tomorrow morning!

Hope the remaining DAH events are just as wonderful for the rest of y’all!

I don’t remember if anyone posted this, but has it been possible to ride Haunted Mansion a second time without getting off?

Yes, I rode HM back to back. I asked the CM if I could stay in my buggy and she said yes, Rode twice that way, and this was earlier in the evening.

I would love to do this... maybe even 3 or 4 times.

Sounds like you had a good night! Thanks for responding about btmr and the fireworks. I wonder why they had it posted at 60 minutes when it was a walk on.

I asked a CM that exact question, as at one time SB was posted as 140 minutes (NO ONE WAS IN SB LINE once I got all the way through using a FP). CM said it was due to the FP line being backed up all day as ride had mechanical issues all day. But during After Hours no issues to report here!

Summary:
BTMRR x2
Splash: x2
Pirates x2
Ice cream and drink
HM: x2 (without getting off)
Ice Cream and d!rink
Lantern Photo op!
Small World: X1
PP: X1 (longest wait of the night and went through the cue! 10 mins)
Space: x3 (Loved it that you did not have to go clear back outside to ride again)
Winnie: X1
SDMT: x3
Frozen treat on way out and empty castle photo op!

In all I had an amazing time. The weather was PERFECT and even tho sold out little to no waits and sparse crowds. LOVED LOVED LOVED it. Money well spent.

Oh a great vantage point for the fireworks was from up behind the exit of BTMRR.

Hope all the rest of the events coming up for those who are up next are just as magical as I experienced last night!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter