"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:-)

Did you see the post above about how they recently changed hours on 1/27 to 8-12AM. Yes, 12AM... on a random Saturday in January. Make of that what you will. :yo-yo:

I'll really panic if they change the hours of Jan 30th. Like I said a few weeks ago, this is probably my fault. I have that kind of luck. You know, like I can get in the shortest check out lane & still be the last one checked out. You watch, there will be less people at MK on Sat the 27th than there are on Tuesday the 30th!

Very excited for our first DAH. Should we skip HEA that night and get started on rides or does it really not matter, just watch and then the park will start to let out. We have BOG at 545 thought we would watch HEA after dinner and then get started. I was also hoping to get our passes before BOG Dinner do you think that will be ok. We are 1/30 DAH.

I'm wondering the same thing. We are going 3/1 and I'm trying to get an ADR for BOG for dinner, but I'm also wondering if we should watch HEA or head straight for rides. I'm not sure what the best course of action is. It will be our first day at MK, but we will be back on Saturday so my niece could always see HEA then.

I realize I am late responding but I have been busy so I thought I would add my opinion. We did DAH last February. I could be wrong but I think it was DAH 8-11 with Wishes at 8. We entered the park about 4:30 and ate a counter service dinner and did some show type rides. About 7 we were in Fantasyland. Before they closed for the night we did the characters in Storybook Circus. We then did Dumbo and Barnstormer. Headed over and met Ariel and rode Little Mermaid. By then Wishes was starting and watched it from BOG bridge. After Wishes we weren't in the crowd at all but DAH had started. We visited the Princess Fairytale Hall with no wait and no one else around. We rode Peter Pan a couple times and then headed over to Liberty Square and on. It worked really well. So at any rate, if you have another night to see HEA I would avoid being in front of the castle and in the crowds and try to be somewhere else. Do HEA another time. It takes time out of the too quick DAH to be navigating through people.

I realize I am late responding but I have been busy so I thought I would add my opinion. We did DAH last February. I could be wrong but I think it was DAH 8-11 with Wishes at 8. We entered the park about 4:30 and ate a counter service dinner and did some show type rides. About 7 we were in Fantasyland. Before they closed for the night we did the characters in Storybook Circus. We then did Dumbo and Barnstormer. Headed over and met Ariel and rode Little Mermaid. By then Wishes was starting and watched it from BOG bridge. After Wishes we weren't in the crowd at all but DAH had started. We visited the Princess Fairytale Hall with no wait and no one else around. We rode Peter Pan a couple times and then headed over to Liberty Square and on. It worked really well. So at any rate, if you have another night to see HEA I would avoid being in front of the castle and in the crowds and try to be somewhere else. Do HEA another time. It takes time out of the too quick DAH to be navigating through people.
Okay that's what I was thinking we would do. I think I will plan on being at Adventureland at close to 9 pm when DAH starts. HEA is at 8 pm so we could always watch part of it from the area by Adventureland.

Okay after reading all the advice regarding HEA, I have a question. It looks like the big thing is to try to do HEA on a separate night from DAH, but we are doing DAH on our only MK night.

Are there any tips for people who can't avoid doing HEA & DAH in the same night?

Okay after reading all the advice regarding HEA, I have a question. It looks like the big thing is to try to do HEA on a separate night from DAH, but we are doing DAH on our only MK night.

Are there any tips for people who can't avoid doing HEA & DAH in the same night?
We are doing the HEA desert party..financially it doesn't make sense but for us, not having to wait for a spot is worth it.

So, I bought this shirt yesterday to wear! It seems appropriate! So if anyone there on 3/1 sees a solo woman wearing it, stop to say hi, but briefly-I have rides to hit! :P
7505057370635.jpg

I think my advice probably depends on the details of your specific DAH day. Are you looking at a 8-11PM DAH where HEA is at 8PM, or a 9-12AM DAH where HEA is at 8PM?

I think my advice probably depends on the details of your specific DAH day. Are you looking at a 8-11PM DAH where HEA is at 8PM, or a 9-12AM DAH where HEA is at 8PM?
It's an 8-11pm with 1pm HEA so I know we'll lose a little bit of time watching the show, but I wonder if there's a way to minimize the time loss once it's over. Like an area that's better for viewing that gets you back into the other lands quicker or something.

It's an 8-11pm with 1pm HEA so I know we'll lose a little bit of time watching the show, but I wonder if there's a way to minimize the time loss once it's over. Like an area that's better for viewing that gets you back into the other lands quicker or something.

For me, I’d be fine being somewhere in the hub and just deal with it eating the 20 minutes into DAH time. Once the show is over, it’ll be easy enough to get deeper into the park. I do tend to find that it seems to be easier to get out of the hub via the two bridges on the right side (that go to Tomorrowland and Fantasyland).

If you are OK not seeing the projections with HEA, I enjoy watching the show from behind the castle. There are fireworks going off all around you and it’s a different perspective (but you obviously miss all of the projections).

Good luck!

For me, I’d be fine being somewhere in the hub and just deal with it eating the 20 minutes into DAH time. Once the show is over, it’ll be easy enough to get deeper into the park. I do tend to find that it seems to be easier to get out of the hub via the two bridges on the right side (that go to Tomorrowland and Fantasyland).

If you are OK not seeing the projections with HEA, I enjoy watching the show from behind the castle. There are fireworks going off all around you and it’s a different perspective (but you obviously miss all of the projections).

Good luck!

That's good to know- thank you!

It's my DH's first time seeing HEA so the projections are important. But we'll try to find a spot in the hub and head out towards the right side.

Our plan for DAH on the 26th (we don't have park tickets that day).
Sleep in a little.
Breakfast at Kona Cafe.
Go to Disney Springs to do a little shopping and eat lunch.
Resort hop or relax at our resort until around 3.
Get to MK around 4 to see if they'll let us in yet (I did make some FP's that start around 4:30). If not, we'll resort hop around the monorail line until they let us in.
Use any FP's that are still working before DAH.
Then let the magic begin!

4 more for DAH on Jan 26th. That is our last day in the parks after a week at the Poly. I figured, what better way to end the trip than a mad dash through the park. The only question now is, what to do with our last ticket.

FYI
Just heard that AP holders will get a 10% discount at all Disney owned table service restaurants except for Victoria and Alberts. no word on if discounts will be given for any counter service locations

FYI
Just heard that AP holders will get a 10% discount at all Disney owned table service restaurants except for Victoria and Alberts. no word on if discounts will be given for any counter service locations
I wouldn't think that anyone would want to waste time at a table service during DAH. In fact, I am surprised that any would be open.

I am.

I was waiting until 60 days before 1/19 DAH to post, but I have not been able to book FPs. All my other FPs are booked. I have DAH tickets on MDE phantoms (like I always do with party tickets) and it's not currently letting them book FPs. However, it seems to be treating them like packaged tickets, which don't open until 60 days (even with an umbrella with earlier access).

Those tickets won't even let you pick a date... so MDE isn't treating them like real ticketed media, unfortunately.

I'll check back when it's 60 days out (Tuesday), but I don't think they will be able to book FPs.

Not sure if I followed everything correctly but...since it is a phantom MDE it wouldn't be connected to a resort reservation so you wouldn't be able to book any fastpasses at 60 days out. Not sure if I'm right, just a thought.

Not sure if I followed everything correctly but...since it is a phantom MDE it wouldn't be connected to a resort reservation so you wouldn't be able to book any fastpasses at 60 days out. Not sure if I'm right, just a thought.

You can umbrella the phantom in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter