"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your strategies for DAH? Going to do the attractions with typically high wait times a lot? Going to go for rides with quick ride times to get as many rides as possible in the 3 hours? Going to try to do all open attractions in the 3 hours? Going to take it easy and play it by ear?

So is March 8th the final date for DAH? Or will they add more dates as it gets closer?

No inside knowledge or anything, but I highly suspect these will be the only dates for 2018, just like they were in 2017. In my opinion, DAH works 'better' during the Jan-Early March window which has more natural/normal early MK closing times by default.

What are your strategies for DAH? Going to do the attractions with typically high wait times a lot? Going to go for rides with quick ride times to get as many rides as possible in the 3 hours? Going to try to do all open attractions in the 3 hours? Going to take it easy and play it by ear?
I'm totally playing it by ear, but one of my secret silly goals is to be in the Country Bears by ourselves. I just think it would be a fun and weird experience.
I want to take a chance and try 7DMT. I doubt I'll fit, so I didn't want to waste a FP on it. This is the perfect time for me to try it.
I'm also excited about all the empty park photo opportunities.

I do know that we'll probably be riding the Haunted Mansion over and over and over and over....

I'm totally playing it by ear, but one of my secret silly goals is to be in the Country Bears by ourselves. I just think it would be a fun and weird experience.
I want to take a chance and try 7DMT. I doubt I'll fit, so I didn't want to waste a FP on it. This is the perfect time for me to try it.

I do know that we'll probably be riding the Haunted Mansion over and over and over and over....

So having done the bold on our DAH night last year, I can attest... it is both weird and creepy. o_O

I'm going on 1/26 with my DD11 - it's part of a larger dance trip, but at this point it's just us doing this event (don't tell her, but I'm hoping it stays that way!). Unless something changed and I missed it, it's an 8-11 DAH with an 8pm HEA.

I want to have a loose plan beforehand but maintain flexibility! We're not sure about watching HEA - it cuts into DAH, but some of her dance friends may be there and she may want to do that with them, so we're in negotiations! If she does not want to watch HEA, I'd probably start at BTMR so we can enjoy some fireworks while we ride, plus I've heard 7DMT tends to be busier at the start of the event. Splash is down I believe, which is a bummer since I was hoping for an empty boat picture, but I'm trying to look at the bright side in that it's a long ride. Beyond that, we plan to review the list of 2017 Attractions, just to get an idea of things that we might want to eliminate, so we don't spend time contemplating when we're on the move. Of course, that's not to say we wouldn't do something spontaneously if the spirit moves us! Like I said, just more to have a general plan in case there are things we want to rule out, like I'm guessing she probably won't want to do M&Gs but who knows?

Also, I love your name/avatar!

Did this sell out on any previous year’s nights? My SIL is arriving here on January 14th. She wants to take her family to this on the 19th. I’ve been reminding her since early November to get her tickets. She’s cutting it too close for MY comfort, but she’s the type of person that takes it to the extreme last minute with everything.......

Did this sell out on any previous year’s nights? My SIL is arriving here on January 14th. She wants to take her family to this on the 19th. I’ve been reminding her since early November to get her tickets. She’s cutting it too close for MY comfort, but she’s the type of person that takes it to the extreme last minute with everything.......

To my knowledge, none of the dates sold out in 2017. If they did, it was at the very last minute and didn't get discussed/noted.

They did start selling tickets several (3+) months earlier this year, so that could impact things this year. Although to be honest, I haven't seen a lick of advertising so I'm not sure if Disney is really pushing this hard or not!?!?!

I think my conclusion is that anything is possible so there's a moderate risk it could sell out. But we don't have enough long-term data to really know for sure.

We're *planning* to enter the park around 5. Do a few shows (Carousel of Progress/Monsters Inc/Tiki) then dinner. We'll be hopping on Jungle Cruise right around 8 and then making our way around to just our favorite rides. I think we'll be more interested in multiple turns on our faves, rather than trying to hit each attraction. If we have a whole night of BTMR, 7DMT, Space and Buzz (don't get me started about Splash being closed!) that could be worth it! No M&Gs here!

Quantity for sure. We have FPs for Jungle Cruise (we want to ride it in the daylight and at nighttime), Splash Mountain (in case it's too cold once the sun goes down) and Haunted Mansion scheduled ahead of the event start. Pretty sure we are going to ditch the last FP and do People Mover and CoP in case these aren't open after closing.

After that it's fireworks, then on to adventureland, over to frontierland, Liberty Square then across the park to Tomorrowland and ending in Fantasyland!

On the fence about meet and greets.

We should be friends because I have the same goals for CBJ and HM as you do.
I hope you get to try 7DMT. :-)

After that it's fireworks, then on to adventureland, over to frontierland, Liberty Square then across the park to Tomorrowland and ending in Fantasyland!

On the fence about meet and greets.

Almost identical touring plans. I’m just flipping Liberty Square and Adventureland.
I’m also on the fence about meet and greets.
Great minds... :thumbsup2

Got you added. Ironically, that's the lowest DIS attendance night so far (not that that means much). Have fun! :mickeybar

Thanks! I noticed that not many DISers will be there. I specifically picked that night because Splash will have re-opened (fingers crossed) and POTC will have not yet closed.

We haven’t discussed our touring plan yet, but we definitely need to. We went to the last 24-hour Disney Day. I didn’t really make a plan because I didn’t think the park would be that crowded after a certain point in the night. But, boy was I wrong! It was so crowded and since we didn’t have a plan, I feel like we wandered a lot...partly because the lines were so long but mostly due to lack of having a basic plan. By the time the park started getting a little emptier (maybe 3 or 4 am?), my crew was pooped! I know it’s not apples-to-apples since attendance is limited, but I learned to always have *some kind* of plan. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter