"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went 2/8 and we felt like it was a great option for us.

We did about 14 rides and 1 character meet (Cinderella and Elena).

We had a couple in our party that were smokers and they found it a challenge to find locations to smoke. We stopped 2x for popcorn, 3 times for drinks and ice cream. We rode 7DMT 2 times, and could have jumped on 1 more time at the end of the night (that was our 1 regret). It wasn't empty by any means, but seeing adventureland BEFORE DAH, and after, it was a huge difference. We made the mistake of jumping around from land to land too much. That was a big mistake on time, but we accomplished everything we had hoped to do. We also had a few bathroom stops in there, and we had 6 in our group, 1 in a scooter. We are thinking of going next year if they do it again and just take our family (no scooter and no smokers). I bet we could get much more done, but it was important that we experience it all together.

We rode Dumbo during fireworks and it was the MOST AMAZING ride ever. That was all of our favorite moments of the night and made it so special. Try to enjoy your time if you're going tonight and soak in the park! We never waited more than 10 mins in any lines. Next time I'll ride Pooh again and again! LOL!

How will the waits be for BTMRR during HEA but with a 9pm close? Currently have a Jungle Cruise FP from 8-9 so we can ride at night but not take up DAH time. Planned to do BTMRR during fireworks, then hit JC, but I'm wondering if we should switch our FPs.

You may schedule FPs for times prior to the event and it will not affect your FPs for the next day. In fact, I did just that! We did DAH on Thursday and I decided we HAD to go to AK so that DS could experience FoP. So, I had a one-day one-park ticket. The DAH event ticket is a separate ticket. I would advise you to plan your first FP to END about 15 minutes after you plan to enter the park. Granted, the park stays open longer for your DAH. I scheduled my first FP at 5:20, such that it ended at 6:20. That gave us time to get in at 6:00 (based on previous reports) and get to the ride. It worked perfectly.
Just wanted to clarify this: You only had a ticket for DAH, and then the following day a one day ticket for AK, right? So you were able to use FastPass with just the DAH ticket? That's exactly what we plan to do 3/8 but I didn't know we could schedule FP's with just a DAH ticket. Thanks!

Just wanted to clarify this: You only had a ticket for DAH, and then the following day a one day ticket for AK, right? So you were able to use FastPass with just the DAH ticket? That's exactly what we plan to do 3/8 but I didn't know we could schedule FP's with just a DAH ticket. Thanks!
We are only doing dah that day and we were able to schedule FPs.

I know PPs have answered your question, but yes, that is correct. ::yes::

Just got to MK 5:05. I was excited to see "event entrance" on one set of signs. I went up and asked if this was for DAH and the cm had no clue what I was taking about. She looked at the sign and said she had no idea why it said that, it's a regular entrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter